Economic criteria for using wetlands as nitrogen sinks under uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ing-Marie Gren & Paul Jannke & Katarina Elofsson, 1997. "Cost-Effective Nutrient Reductions to the Baltic Sea," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 10(4), pages 341-362, December.
- Gren, Ing-Marie, 1995. "The Value of Investing in Wetlands for Nitrogen Abatement," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 22(2), pages 157-172.
- McSweeny, William T. & Shortle, James S., 1990. "Probabilistic Cost Effectiveness in Agricultural Nonpoint Pollution Control," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 95-104, July.
- Bystrom, Olof, 1998. "The nitrogen abatement cost in wetlands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 321-331, September.
- Gren, Ing-Marie, 1993. "Alternative nitrogen reduction policies in the Malar region, Sweden," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 159-172, April.
- McSweeny, William T. & Shortle, James S., 1990. "Probabilistic Cost Effectiveness In Agricultural Nonpoint Pollution Control," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(01), July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Werner Hediger, 2003. "Alternative policy measures and farmers' participation to improve rural landscapes and water quality: A conceptual framework," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 139(III), pages 333-350, September.
- Natacha Fauvet & Jean-Christophe Pereau, 2014. "Nutrient Allowances Market and Wetland Abatement," Working Papers 2014.06, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Zhen, Chen & Zheng, Xiaoyong, 2015. "Measuring the Informational Value of Interpretive Shelf Nutrition Labels to Shoppers," 2016 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2016, San Francisco, California 212812, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ekman, Sone, 2002. "Cost-Effective Farm-Level Nitrogen Abatement in the Presence of Environmental and Economic Risk," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24860, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tenwalde, Tracy & Jones, Eugene & Hitzhusen, Frederick J., 2005. "An Economic Analysis of Consumer Expenditures for Safe Drinking Water: Addressing Nitrogen Risk with an Averting Cost Approach," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19431, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sergey S. Rabotyagov & Adriana M. Valcu-Lisman & Catherine L. Kling, 2016.
"Resilient Provision of Ecosystem Services from Agricultural Landscapes: Trade-offs Involving Means and Variances of Water Quality Improvements,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 98(5), pages 1295-1313.
- Rabotyagov, Sergey & Valcu, Adriana & Kling, Catherine L., 2015. "Resilient Provision of Ecosystem Services from Agricultural Landscapes: Tradeoffs Involving Means and Variances of Water Quality Improvements," 2016 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2016, San Francisco, California 212815, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gren, Ing-Marie, 2008. "Adaptation and mitigation strategies for controlling stochastic water pollution: An application to the Baltic Sea," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 337-347, June.
- Soderqvist, Tore & Mitsch, William J. & Turner, R. Kerry, 2000. "Valuation of wetlands in a landscape and institutional perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-6, October.
- Gren, Ing-Marie & Folmer, Henk, 2003. "Cooperation with respect to cleaning of an international water body with stochastic environmental damage: the case of the Baltic Sea," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 33-42, November.
- Halkos, George, 2013. "Cost-effectiveness analysis in reducing nutrient loading in Baltic and Black Seas: A review," MPRA Paper 52296, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sergey S. Rabotyagov, 2010. "Ecosystem Services under Benefit and Cost Uncertainty: An Application to Soil Carbon Sequestration," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(4), pages 668-686.
- Sergey Rabotyagov & Catherine L. Kling & Philip W. Gassman & Nancy N. Rabalais & R. Eugene Turner, 2012. "Economics of Dead Zones: Linking Externalities from the Land to their Consequences in the Sea, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 12-wp534, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Elofsson, Katarina & Folmer, Henk & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2003. "Management of eutrophicated coastal ecosystems: a synopsis of the literature with emphasis on theory and methodology," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-11, November.
- Elofsson, Katarina, 2002. "Economics of Marine Pollution," Department of Economics publications 78, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- François Destandau & Elsa Martin & Anne Rozan, 2011. "Potential of artificial wetlands for removing pesticides from water in a cost-effective framework," INRA UMR CESAER Working Papers 2011/5, INRA UMR CESAER, Centre d'’Economie et Sociologie appliquées à l'’Agriculture et aux Espaces Ruraux.
- Martin, Elsa & Destandau, Francois & Rozan, Anne, 2011. "Potential of Artificial Wetlands for Removing Pesticides from Water in a Cost-Effective Framework," 85th Annual Conference, April 18-20, 2011, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 108777, Agricultural Economics Society.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:35:y:2000:i:1:p:35-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.