Potential of Artificial Wetlands for Removing Pesticides from Water in a Cost-Effective Framework
The purpose of this paper is to analyze the implication of wetland construction for the cost-effective design of a pesticide charge. A model is developed in order to show that, for a given target, the introduction of wetland construction can reduce overall abatement costs and can lower the input charge asked to the farmers. This result remains true as long as the cost of constructing a wetland is not too high. A numerical illustration is carried out in order to simulate pesticide regulations in a wine catchment in North-East of France
|Date of creation:||Apr 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.aes.ac.uk/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ing-Marie Gren & Paul Jannke & Katarina Elofsson, 1997. "Cost-Effective Nutrient Reductions to the Baltic Sea," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 10(4), pages 341-362, December.
- Bystrom, Olof, 1998. "The nitrogen abatement cost in wetlands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 321-331, September.
- Bystrom, Olof & Andersson, Hans & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2000. "Economic criteria for using wetlands as nitrogen sinks under uncertainty," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 35-45, October.
- Chiara M. Travisi & Peter Nijkamp & Raymond J. G. M. Florax, 2004.
"A Meta-Analysis of the Willingness to Pay for Reductions in Pesticide Risk Exposure,"
2004.101, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Raymond J. G. M. Florax & Chiara M. Travisi & Peter Nijkamp, 2005. "A meta-analysis of the willingness to pay for reductions in pesticide risk exposure," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 441-467, December.
- Florax, Raymond J.G.M. & Travisi, Chiara M. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2005. "A Meta-Analysis of the Willingness to Pay for Reductions in Pesticide Risk Exposure," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19524, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Crepin, Anne-Sophie, 2005. "Incentives for wetland creation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 598-616, November.
- Luke Brander & Raymond Florax & Jan Vermaat, 2006. "The Empirics of Wetland Valuation: A Comprehensive Summary and a Meta-Analysis of the Literature," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 33(2), pages 223-250, 02.
- Olof Byström, 2000. "The Replacement Value of Wetlands in Sweden," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 16(4), pages 347-362, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aesc11:108777. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.