Report NEP-DEV-2016-08-21This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Armand, Alex & Attanasio, Orazio & Carneiro, Pedro & Lechene, Valerie, 2016. "The Effect of Gender-Targeted Conditional Cash Transfers on Household Expenditures: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 10133, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Vandercasteelen, Joachim & Dereje, Mekdim & Minten, Bart & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2016. "Row planting teff in Ethiopia: Impact on farm-level profitability and labor allocation," ESSP working papers 92, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- McLaren, Z. & Burger, R., 2016. "A New Econometric Method for Estimating Disease Prevalence: An Application to Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 16/26, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Dou, Xiaoya & Gray, Clark & Mueller, Valerie & Sheriff, Glen, 2016. "Labor adaptation to climate variability in Eastern Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 1537, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Michail Moatsos, 2016. "Global Absolute Poverty: Begin the Veil of Dollars," Working Papers 0077, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Liu, Yanyan & Singh, Sudhir K., 2016. "Can labor market imperfections explain changes in the inverse farm size-productivity relationship?: Longitudinal evidence from rural India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1538, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Conti, Gabriella & Ginja, Rita, 2016. "Health Insurance and Child Health: Evidence from Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 10122, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rodrigues, Joao & Thurlow, James & Landman, Willem & Ringler, Claudia & Robertson, Richard D. & Zhu, Tingju, 2016. "The economic value of seasonal forecasts stochastic economywide analysis for East Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 1546, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Vandercasteelen, Joachim & Tamru, Seneshaw & Minten, Bart & Swinnen, Johan, 2016. "Cities and agricultural transformation in Africa: Evidence from Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 91, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chakrabarti, Suman & Kishore, Avinash & Roy, Devesh, 2016. "Effectiveness of food subsidies in raising healthy food consumption: Public distribution of pulses in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1523, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Vangani, Ruchi & Gerber, Nicolas & Saxena, Deepak & Mavalankar, Dileep & von Braun, Joachim, 2016. "Impact of different irrigation systems on water quality in peri-urban areas of Gujarat, India," Discussion Papers 243145, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Joseph H. Felter & Benjamin Crost, 2016. "Export Crops and Civil Conflict," Empirical Studies of Conflict Project (ESOC) Working Papers 4, Empirical Studies of Conflict Project.
- Balié, Jean & Magrini, Emiliano & Morales Opazo, Cristian, 2016. "Cereal price shocks and volatility in Sub-Saharan Africa: What does really matter for farmers' welfare?," DARE Discussion Papers 1607, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- John Gibson, 2016. "Measuring Chronic Hunger from Diet Snapshots: Why 'Bottom up' Survey Counts and 'Top down' FAO Estimates Will Never Meet," Working Papers in Economics 16/07, University of Waikato.