Jacob A. Jordaan
|[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
|Terminal Degree:||2004 London School of Economics (LSE) (from RePEc Genealogy)|
School of Economics Utrecht, Netherlands
RePEc:edi:eiruunl (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Chapters
- Jacob Jordaan & Wim Douw & Christine Zhenwei Qiang, 2020. "Foreign Direct Investment, Backward Linkages, and Productivity Spillovers," World Bank Publications - Reports 33761, The World Bank Group.
- Jordaan,Jacob Arie & Douw,Willem & Qiang,Zhenwei, 2020. "Multinational Corporation Affiliates, Backward Linkages, and Productivity Spillovers in Developing and Emerging Economies : Evidence and Policy Making," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9364, The World Bank.
- Margarida Bandeira Morais & J. Swart & J.A. Jordaan, 2018. "Economic Complexity and Inequality: Does Productive Structure Affect Regional Wage Differentials in Brazil?," Working Papers 18-11, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Jordaan, Jacob A. & Monastiriotis, Vassilis, 2016.
"The domestic productivity effects of FDI in Greece: loca(lisa)tion matters!,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
68816, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jacob A. Jordaan & Vassilis Monastiriotis, 2016. "The domestic productivity effects of FDI in Greece: loca(lisa)tion matters!," GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 105, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment and Technology Transfers to Local Suppliers: Identifying the effects of type of ownership and the technology gap," ERSA conference papers ersa12p1166, European Regional Science Association.
- Vassilis Monastiriotis & Jacob A. Jordaan, 2011.
"Regional Distribution and Spatial Impact of FDI in Greece: evidence from firm-level data,"
GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe
44, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Monastiriotis, Vassilis, 2011. "Regional distribution and spatial impact of FDI in Greece: evidence from firm-level data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 32566, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2023. "Firm‐level characteristics and the impact of COVID‐19: Examining the effects of foreign ownership and international trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(7), pages 1967-1998, July.
- Jeroen Content & Nicola Cortinovis & Koen Frenken & Jacob Jordaan, 2022. "The roles of KIBS and R&D in the industrial diversification of regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 68(1), pages 29-64, February.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2021. "Growth: From microorganisms to megacities Smil, V.Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2019. 664+xxvpp., ISBN: 978‐0‐262‐04283‐3. USD 43.92 (hb)," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 685-686, June.
- Dea Tusha & Jacob A. Jordaan, 2021. "Biased FDI spillovers in incomplete datasets: An empirical examination," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 582-600, May.
- Margarida Bandeira Morais & Julia Swart & Jacob Arie Jordaan, 2021. "Economic Complexity and Inequality: Does Regional Productive Structure Affect Income Inequality in Brazilian States?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(2), pages 1-23, January.
- Jeroen Content & Niels Bosma & Jacob Jordaan & Mark Sanders, 2020. "Entrepreneurial ecosystems, entrepreneurial activity and economic growth: new evidence from European regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(8), pages 1007-1019, July.
- Dominique Moran & Phil I. Jones & Jacob A. Jordaan & Amy E. Porter, 2020. "Does Nature Contact in Prison Improve Well-Being? Mapping Land Cover to Identify the Effect of Greenspace on Self-Harm and Violence in Prisons in England and Wales," Annals of the American Association of Geographers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 111(6), pages 1779-1795, December.
- Jacob A. Jordaan & Bogdan Dima, 2020. "Post Materialism and Comparative Economic Development: Do Institutions Act as Transmission Channel?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 148(2), pages 441-472, April.
- Jeroen Content & Koen Frenken & Jacob A. Jordaan, 2019. "Does related variety foster regional entrepreneurship? Evidence from European regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(11), pages 1531-1543, November.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2018. "Foreign workers and productivity in an emerging economy: The case of Malaysia," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 148-173, February.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2017. "USING GEODATA AND GEOLOCATION IN THE SOCIAL SCIENCES: MAPPING OUR CONNECTED WORLD , David Abernathy . London, U.K. : Sage Publishing , 2016 . 344+xv . ISBN: 978-104739-0818-5. GBP27.99," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(4), pages 698-699, September.
- Jacob A Jordaan, 2017. "Producer firms, technology diffusion and spillovers to local suppliers: Examining the effects of Foreign Direct Investment and the technology gap," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 49(12), pages 2718-2738, December.
- Jordaan, Jacob A. & Dima, Bogdan & Goleț, Ionuț, 2016. "Do societal values influence financial development? New evidence on the effects of post materialism and institutions on stock markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(PA), pages 197-216.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2013. "Firm heterogeneity and technology transfers to local suppliers: Disentangling the effects of foreign ownership, technology gap and absorptive capacity," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 75-102, February.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2012. "Agglomeration and the location choice of foreign direct investment: new evidence from manufacturing FDI in Mexico," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 27(1), pages 61-97.
- Jacob Jordaan & Eduardo Rodriguez-Oreggia, 2012. "Regional growth in Mexico under trade liberalisation: how important are agglomeration and FDI?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(1), pages 179-202, February.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2011. "Local Sourcing and Technology Spillovers to Mexican Suppliers: How Important are FDI and Supplier Characteristics?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 287-319, September.
- Jordaan, Jacob A., 2011. "FDI, Local Sourcing, and Supportive Linkages with Domestic Suppliers: The Case of Monterrey, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 620-632, April.
- Jacob Jordaan, 2011. "Cross-sectional estimation of FDI spillovers when FDI is endogenous: OLS and IV estimates for Mexican manufacturing industries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(19), pages 2451-2463.
- Vassilis MONASTIRIOTIS & Jacob A. JORDAAN, 2010. "Does FDI promote regional development? Evidence from local and regional productivity spillovers in Greece," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 1, pages 139-164, December.
- Jordaan, Jacob A., 2008. "Intra- and Inter-industry Externalities from Foreign Direct Investment in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector: New Evidence from Mexican Regions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2838-2854, December.
- Jacob A Jordaan, 2008. "Regional Foreign Participation and Externalities: New Empirical Evidence from Mexican Regions," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 40(12), pages 2948-2969, December.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2008. "State Characteristics and the Locational Choice of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Regional FDI in Mexico 1989–2006," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 389-413, September.
- Jordaan, Jacob A. & Sanchez-Reaza, Javier, 2006. "Trade Liberalization and Location: Empirical Evidence for Mexican Manufacturing Industries," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 36(3), pages 279-303.
- Jordaan, Jacob A., 2005. "Determinants of FDI-induced externalities: New empirical evidence for Mexican manufacturing industries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2103-2118, December.
- Tristan Clayton & Philippe Le Billon & Sander van den Burg & Jacob Jordaan & Obas John Ebohon & Chris Lyons & Laurence Crot, 2004. "Review: The New Imperialism, Contemporary Peace Making: Conflict, Violence and Peace Processes, Global Civil Society and its Limits, Global Shift: Reshaping the Global Economic Map in the 21st Century," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 22(3), pages 465-474, June.
- Jacob A. Jordaan & Vassilis Monastiriotis, 2018. "Location, localisation, agglomeration: an examination of the geographical dimension of FDI spillovers," Chapters, in: Urban GrÃ¥sjÃ¶ & Charlie Karlsson & IrÃ©ne Bernhard (ed.), Geography, Open Innovation and Entrepreneurship, chapter 13, pages 328-358, Edward Elgar Publishing.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
RankingsThis author is among the top 5% authors according to these criteria:
NEP EditorshipThis author is editor of the following NEP reports, which disseminate new research in a particular field:
Featured entriesThis author is featured on the following reading lists, publication compilations, Wikipedia, or ReplicationWiki entries:
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 6 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
- NEP-EFF: Efficiency & Productivity (3) 2017-01-22 2017-03-19 2020-12-21
- NEP-INT: International Trade (3) 2017-01-22 2017-03-19 2020-09-14
- NEP-CSE: Economics of Strategic Management (2) 2012-10-13 2020-09-14
- NEP-DEV: Development (2) 2019-10-28 2020-09-14
- NEP-GEO: Economic Geography (2) 2017-01-22 2017-03-19
- NEP-SBM: Small Business Management (2) 2012-10-13 2020-09-14
- NEP-AFR: Africa (1) 2020-09-14
- NEP-LAM: Central & South America (1) 2019-10-28
- NEP-MAC: Macroeconomics (1) 2020-09-14
- NEP-URE: Urban & Real Estate Economics (1) 2017-03-19
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Jacob A. Jordaan should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.