Irrigation potential in Nigeria: Some perspectives based on factor endowments, tropical nature, and patterns in favorable areas:
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weinberger, Katinka & Lumpkin, Thomas A., 2007. "Diversification into Horticulture and Poverty Reduction: A Research Agenda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1464-1480, August.
- Goldman, Abe & Smith, Joyotee, 1995. "Agricultural transformations in India and Northern Nigeria: Exploring the nature of Green Revolutions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 243-263, February.
- Nkonya, Ephraim & Phillip, Dayo & Mogues, Tewodaj & Pender, John & Kato, Edward, 2012.
"Impacts of Community-driven Development Programs on Income and Asset Acquisition in Africa: The Case of Nigeria,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1824-1838.
- Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Phillip, Dayo & Mogues, Tewodaj & Pender, John L. & Kato, Edward, 2009. "Impacts Of Community-Driven Development Programs On Income And Asset Acquisition In Africa: The Case Of Nigeria," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50537, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Eicher, Carl K., 1995. "Zimbabwe's maize-based Green Revolution: Preconditions for replication," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 805-818, May.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Jimah, Kipo & Kolavalli, Shashidhara & Diao, Xinshen & Funk, Rebecca Lee, 2013. "Dynamics of transformation: Insights from an exploratory review of rice farming in the Kpong irrigation project:," IFPRI discussion papers 1272, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Srinivas, Tavva, 2009. "Impact of research investment on Cassava production technologies in India," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(3), pages 1-17.
- Veronique Theriault & Renata Serra, 2014. "Institutional Environment and Technical Efficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Cotton Producers in West Africa," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(2), pages 383-405, June.
- Appendini, Kirsten & Liverman, Diana, 1994. "Agricultural policy, climate change and food security in Mexico," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 149-164, April.
- Peter Debaere, 2014. "The Global Economics of Water: Is Water a Source of Comparative Advantage?," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 32-48, April.
- van Asten, P.J.A. & Fermont, A.M. & Taulya, G., 2011. "Drought is a major yield loss factor for rainfed East African highland banana," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 98(4), pages 541-552, February.
- Zhang, Le & Kono, Yasuyuki & Kobayashi, Shigeo, 2014. "The process of expansion in commercial banana cropping in tropical China: A case study at a Dai village, Mengla County," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 32-38.
- Barron, Maria Antonieta & Rello, Fernando, 2000. "The impact of the tomato agroindustry on the rural poor in Mexico," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 289-297, September.
- Keith O. Fuglie & Witono Adiyoga & Rini Asmunati & Sukendra Mahalaya & Rachman Suherman, 2006. "Farm demand for quality potato seed in Indonesia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(3), pages 257-266, November.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2014. "Importance of rice research and development in rice seed policies: Insights from Nigeria:," IFPRI discussion papers 1343, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nakano, Yuko & Bamba, Ibrahim & Diagne, Aliou & Otsuka, Keijiro & Kajisa, Kei, 2011. "The possibility of a rice green revolution in large-scale irrigation schemes in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5560, The World Bank.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Nin-Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2013. "Agricultural mechanization patterns in Nigeria: Insights from farm household typology and agricultural household model simulation:," IFPRI discussion papers 1291, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- World Bank, 2014. "World Development Indicators 2014," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 18237, September.
- You, Liangzhi & Ringler, Claudia & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Robertson, Richard & Wood, Stanley & Zhu, Tingju & Nelson, Gerald & Guo, Zhe & Sun, Yan, 2011. "What is the irrigation potential for Africa? A combined biophysical and socioeconomic approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 770-782.
- Udry, Christopher, 1990. "Credit Markets in Northern Nigeria: Credit as Insurance in a Rural Economy," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 251-269, September.
- Keijiro Otsuka & Yoko Kijima, 2010. "Technology Policies for a Green Revolution and Agricultural Transformation in Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 19(suppl_2), pages 60-76.
- Vernon W. Ruttan, 2007. "Induced technical and institutional change in tropical agriculture," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(2), pages 222-239.
- repec:fpr:export:1343 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tavva Srinivas, 2009. "Impact of research investment on Cassava production technologies in India ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(3), pages 367-383, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diao, Xinshen & Silver, Jed & Takeshima, Hiroyuki, 2016. "Agricultural mechanization and agricultural transformation:," IFPRI discussion papers 1527, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsIrrigation; Rice; Agricultural research; farm inputs; Water use; Water availability; Agricultural growth; productivity; Water allocation; factor endowments;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-01-14 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.