Typology of farm households and irrigation systems: Some evidence from Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Goldman, Abe & Smith, Joyotee, 1995. "Agricultural transformations in India and Northern Nigeria: Exploring the nature of Green Revolutions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 243-263, February.
- Andrew Dillon, 2011.
"Do Differences in the Scale of Irrigation Projects Generate Different Impacts on Poverty and Production?,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 474-492, June.
- Dillon, Andrew, 2010. "Do differences in the scale of irrigation projects generate different impacts on poverty and production?," IFPRI discussion papers 1022, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nkonya, Ephraim & Phillip, Dayo & Mogues, Tewodaj & Pender, John & Kato, Edward, 2012.
"Impacts of Community-driven Development Programs on Income and Asset Acquisition in Africa: The Case of Nigeria,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1824-1838.
- Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Phillip, Dayo & Mogues, Tewodaj & Pender, John L. & Kato, Edward, 2009. "Impacts Of Community-Driven Development Programs On Income And Asset Acquisition In Africa: The Case Of Nigeria," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50537, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tiffen, Mary, 2003. "Transition in Sub-Saharan Africa: Agriculture, Urbanization and Income Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1343-1366, August.
- Hiroyuki Takeshima & Futoshi Yamauchi, 2012.
"Risks and farmers’ investment in productive assets in Nigeria,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(2), pages 143-153, March.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2012. "Risks and farmers’ investment in productive assets in Nigeria," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126690, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Adeoti, Adetola I. & Okoli, Silas & Salau, Sheu & Rhoe, Valerie, 2010. "Demand characteristics for small-scale private irrigation technologies: Knowledge gaps in Nigeria," NSSP working papers 18, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Adeoti, Adetola I. & Salau, Sheu, 2011. "Measuring the effect of transaction costs for investment in irrigation pumps: Application of the unobserved stochastic threshold model to the case of Nigeria," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(2), September.
- You, Liangzhi & Ringler, Claudia & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Robertson, Richard & Wood, Stanley & Zhu, Tingju & Nelson, Gerald & Guo, Zhe & Sun, Yan, 2011. "What is the irrigation potential for Africa? A combined biophysical and socioeconomic approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 770-782.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis Saweda O., 2015. "Fertilizer subsidies, political influence and local food prices in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Nigeria," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 11-24.
- repec:eee:agiwat:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:251-264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Adhikari, Rajendra Prasad & Poudel, Mahendra Nath & Kumar, Anjani, 2015. "Farm household typologies and mechanization patterns in Nepal Terai: Descriptive analysis of the Nepal living standards survey:," IFPRI discussion papers 1488, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Nin-Pratt, Alejandro & Diao, Xinshen, 2013. "Agricultural mechanization patterns in Nigeria: Insights from farm household typology and agricultural household model simulation:," IFPRI discussion papers 1291, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsIrrigation; household models; Typology; households; Farm households; Farm household model; Cluster analysis; Living Standard Measurement Survey (LSMS); rice; Grain; Vegetable products; legumes;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-08-16 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-08-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2013-08-16 (Development)
- NEP-SPO-2013-08-16 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .