Does Education Indoctrinate? The Effect of Education on Political Preferences In Democracies and Autocracies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Willa Friedman & Michael Kremer & Edward Miguel & Rebecca Thornton, 2016. "Education as Liberation?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 83(329), pages 1-30, January.
- Bourguignon, Francois & Verdier, Thierry, 2000. "Oligarchy, democracy, inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 285-313, August.
- Edward Glaeser & Giacomo Ponzetto & Andrei Shleifer, 2007.
"Why does democracy need education?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 77-99, June.
- Edward Glaeser & Giacomo Ponzetto & Andrei Shleifer, 2006. "Why Does Democracy Need Education?," NBER Working Papers 12128, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Ponzetto, Giacomo A. M. & Shleifer, Andrei, 2007. "Why does democracy need education?," Scholarly Articles 27867132, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Dani Rodrik, 1999. "Democracies Pay Higher Wages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 707-738.
- Greif, Avner & Tadelis, Steven, 2010.
"A theory of moral persistence: Crypto-morality and political legitimacy,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 229-244, September.
- Avner Greif & Steven Tadelis, 2010. "A Theory of Moral Persistence: Crypto-Morality and Political Legitimacy," Discussion Papers 09-028, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Milligan, Kevin & Moretti, Enrico & Oreopoulos, Philip, 2004. "Does education improve citizenship? Evidence from the United States and the United Kingdom," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1667-1695, August.
- Raj M. Desai & Anders Olofsgård & Tarik M. Yousef, 2009. "The Logic Of Authoritarian Bargains," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 93-125, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:110:y:2016:i:03:p:579-600_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohamad Al-Ississ & Ishac Diwan, 2016. "Individual Preferences for Democracy In the Arab World Explaining the Gap," Working Papers 981, Economic Research Forum, revised Mar 2016.
- Schlozman, Kay Lehman & Verba, Sidney & Brady, Henry E., 1995. "Participation's Not a Paradox: The View from American Activists," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(01), pages 1-36, January.
- Bisin, Alberto & Verdier, Thierry, 2001.
"The Economics of Cultural Transmission and the Dynamics of Preferences,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 298-319, April.
- Bisin, A. & Verdier, T., 1997. "The Economics of Cultural Transmission and the Dynamics of Preferences," DELTA Working Papers 97-03, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Bisin, Alberto & Verdier, Thierry, 2000.
"A model of cultural transmission, voting and political ideology,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 5-29, March.
- Bisin, A. & Verdier, T., 1999. "A Model of Cultural Transmission, Voting and Political Ideology," Papers 1999-13, Laval - Laboratoire Econometrie.
- Bisin, A. & Verdier, T., 1999. "A model of cultural transmission, voting and political ideology," DELTA Working Papers 1999-13, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Mohamad Al-Ississ & Ishac Diwan, 2016. "Preference for Democracy in the Arab World," Politics and Governance, Cogitatio Press, vol. 4(4), pages 16-26.
- repec:taf:edecon:v:27:y:2019:i:2:p:207-221 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dee, Thomas S., 2004. "Are there civic returns to education?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1697-1720, August.
- Naci H. Mocan & Colin Cannonier, 2012.
"Empowering Women Through Education: Evidence from Sierra Leone,"
NBER Working Papers
18016, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Colin Cannonier & Naci Mocan, 2012. "Empowering Women Through Education: Evidence from Sierra Leone," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1231, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:105:y:2011:i:01:p:1-26_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:81:y:1987:i:02:p:367-382_19 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erg:wpaper:1178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sherine Ghoneim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erfaceg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.