Contact information of Cambridge University Press
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:bjposi. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Kirk Stebbing (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.cambridge.org/jps .
July 2023, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 815-834 The Decline of Factions: The Impact of a Broad Purge on Political Decision Making in China
by Li, Zeren & Manion, Melanie
- 835-860 Encouraged to Cheat? Federal Incentives and Career Concerns at the Sub-national Level as Determinants of Under-Reporting of COVID-19 Mortality in Russia
by Kofanov, Dmitrii & Kozlov, Vladimir & Libman, Alexander & Zakharov, Nikita
- 861-877 Dual Evolutionary Foundations of Political Ideology Predict Divergent Responses to COVID-19
by Fischer, Kyle & Chaudhuri, Ananish & Atkinson, Quentin D.
- 878-901 The Rush to Personalize: Power Concentration after Failed Coups in Dictatorships
by Timoneda, Joan C. & Escribà-Folch, Abel & Chin, John
- 902-918 Harnessing Backlash: How Leaders Can Benefit from Antagonizing Foreign Actors
by Matush, Kelly
- 919-933 Subsistence Emissions and Climate Justice
by Duus-Otterström, Göran
- 934-957 Across the Boards: Explaining Firm Support for Climate Policy
by Lerner, Michael & Osgood, Iain
- 958-979 Selective Attention: The United Nations Security Council and Armed Conflict
by Lundgren, Magnus & Klamberg, Mark
- 980-996 Dynamics of Polarization: Affective Partisanship and Policy Divergence
by Diermeier, Daniel & Li, Christopher
- 997-1015 Who Dislikes Whom? Affective Polarization between Pairs of Parties in Western Democracies
by Gidron, Noam & Adams, James & Horne, Will
- 1016-1040 Modern Family? The Gendered Effects of Marriage and Childbearing on Voter Turnout
by Bellettini, Giorgio & Berti Ceroni, Carlotta & Cantoni, Enrico & Monfardini, Chiara & Schafer, Jerome
- 1041-1060 Making the Public Work: Geography, Externalities, and Preferences for Mass Transit
by Holland, Alisha C.
- 1061-1069 The Role of District Magnitude in When Women Represent Women
by Crisp, Brian F. & Cunha Silva, Patrick
- 1070-1080 Risk and Preferences for Government Healthcare Spending: Evidence from the UK COVID-19 Crisis
by Blumenau, Jack & Hicks, Timothy & Pahontu, Raluca L.
- 1081-1091 The Segregation Effect: How Residential Isolation Shapes Ethnic Minority Representation in England
by Campion, Selene
April 2023, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 327-345 A Double Standard? Gender Bias in Voters' Perceptions of Political Arguments
by Hargrave, Lotte
- 346-365 Political Understanding
by Lepoutre, Maxime
- 366-386 The Geography of Democratic Discontent
by Ballard-Rosa, Cameron & Carnegie, Allison & Schonfeld, Bryan
- 387-406 Early-Adulthood Economic Experiences and the Formation of Democratic Support
by Krishnarajan, Suthan & Doucette, Jonathan & Andersen, David
- 407-423 Why Don't Partisans Sanction Electoral Malpractice?
by Aarslew, Laurits F.
- 424-440 Shaping Electoral Outcomes: Intra- and Anti-systemic Violence in Indian Assembly Elections
by Harbers, Imke & Richetta, Cécile & van Wingerden, Enrike
- 441-459 Network Competition and Civilian Targeting during Civil Conflict
by Dorff, Cassy & Gallop, Max & Minhas, Shahryar
- 460-478 Long-Term Change in Conflict Attitudes: A Dynamic Perspective
by Yakter, Alon & Harsgor, Liran
- 479-497 International Influences on the Survival of Territorial Non-state Actors
by Kenwick, Michael R. & Lemke, Douglas
- 498-515 Irredentism and Institutions
by Hale, Christopher & Siroky, David
- 516-535 Public Demand for Extraterritorial Environmental and Social Public Goods Provision
by Rudolph, Lukas & Kolcava, Dennis & Bernauer, Thomas
- 536-554 Intergenerational Social Mobility, Political Socialization and Support for the Left under Post-industrial Realignment
by Ares, Macarena & van Ditmars, Mathilde M.
- 555-574 Preaching Politics: How Politicization Undermines Religious Authority in the Middle East
by Williamson, Scott & Yildirim, A. Kadir & Grewal, Sharan & Kuenkler, Mirjam
- 575-593 To Purge or Not to Purge? An Individual-Level Quantitative Analysis of Elite Purges in Dictatorships
by Goldring, Edward & Matthews, Austin S.
- 594-612 Of ‘Welfare Queens’ and ‘Poor Carinas’: Social Constructions, Deservingness Messaging and the Mental Health of Welfare Clients
by Baekgaard, Martin & Herd, Pamela & Moynihan, Donald P.
- 613-628 Residential Integration on Fair Terms for the Disadvantaged
by Kim, Hwa Young & Walton, Andrew
- 629-651 Who Deserves European Solidarity? How Recipient Characteristics Shaped Public Support for International Medical and Financial Aid during COVID-19
by Heermann, Max & Koos, Sebastian & Leuffen, Dirk
- 652-673 Measuring Ethnic Inequality: An Assessment of Extant Cross-National Indices
by Leipziger, Lasse Egendal
- 674-689 Misperceptions about Immigration: Reviewing Their Nature, Motivations and Determinants
by Lutz, Philipp & Bitschnau, Marco
- 690-697 ‘They Accept Bribes; We Accept Bribery’: Conditional Effects of Corrupt Encounters on the Evaluation of Public Institutions
by Letki, Natalia & Górecki, Maciej A. & Gendźwiłł, Adam
- 698-706 Using General Messages to Persuade on a Politicized Scientific Issue
by Green, Jon & Druckman, James N. & Baum, Matthew A. & Lazer, David & Ognyanova, Katherine & Simonson, Matthew D. & Lin, Jennifer & Santillana, Mauricio & Perlis, Roy H.
- 707-716 The Politics of Intersecting Crises: The Effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Climate Policy Preferences
by Bergquist, Parrish & De Roche, Gabriel & Lachapelle, Erick & Mildenberger, Matto & Harrison, Kathryn
- 717-727 Partisan External Borrowing in Middle-Income Countries
by Cormier, Ben
- 728-739 When Do Voters Punish Corrupt Politicians? Experimental Evidence from a Field and Survey Experiment
by de Figueiredo, Miguel F.P. & Hidalgo, F. Daniel & Kasahara, Yuri
- 740-748 Identifying Ideologues: A Global Dataset on Political Leaders, 1945–2020
by Herre, Bastian
- 749-756 Identifying Patterns in the Structural Drivers of Intrastate Conflict
by Moyer, Jonathan D. & Matthews, Austin S. & Rafa, Mickey & Xiong, Yutang
- 757-765 Learning the Brexit Lesson? Shifting Support for Direct Democracy in Germany in the Aftermath of the Brexit Referendum
by Steiner, Nils D. & Landwehr, Claudia
- 766-775 Public Gender Egalitarianism: A Dataset of Dynamic Comparative Public Opinion toward Egalitarian Gender Roles in the Public Sphere
by Woo, Byung-Deuk & Goldberg, Lindsey A. & Solt, Frederick
- 776-788 The Effect of Legislature Size on Public Spending: A Meta-Analysis
by Freire, Danilo & Mignozzetti, Umberto & Roman, Catarina & Alptekin, Huzeyfe
- 789-795 Legislator Dissent Does Not Affect Electoral Outcomes
by Cowley, Philip & Umit, Resul
- 796-805 Do Anti-immigration Voters Care More? Documenting the Issue Importance Asymmetry of Immigration Attitudes
by Kustov, Alexander
- 806-814 Class, Ethnicity, Age or Education: What Characteristics Determine Citizens' Sense of Political Commonality?
by Titelman, Noam
January 2023, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 1-24 Informal Work, Risk, and Clientelism: Evidence from 223 Slums across India
by Rains, Emily & Wibbels, Erik
- 25-44 Personalization of Power and Mass Uprisings in Dictatorships
by Chin, John & Song, Wonjun & Wright, Joseph
- 45-64 (Inequality in) Interest Group Involvement and the Legitimacy of Policy Making
by Rasmussen, Anne & Reher, Stefanie
- 65-84 “Our Issue Positions are Strong, and Our Opponents’ Valence is Weak”: An Analysis of Parties' Campaign Strategies in Ten Western European Democracies
by Bjarnøe, Camilla & Adams, James & Boydstun, Amber
- 85-103 Voter Turnout Decline and Party Responsiveness
by Ezrow, Lawrence & Krause, Werner
- 104-121 Coalition Mood in European Parliamentary Democracies
by Imre, Michael & Ecker, Alejandro & Meyer, Thomas M. & Müller, Wolfgang C.
- 122-139 The Friday Effect: How Communal Religious Practice Heightens Exclusionary Attitudes
by Brooke, Steven & Chouhoud, Youssef & Hoffman, Michael
- 140-162 Social Media and Press Freedom
by Kocak, Korhan & Kıbrıs, Özgür
- 163-182 The Right Accounting of Wrongs: Examining Temporal Changes to Human Rights Monitoring and Reporting
by Arnon, Daniel & Haschke, Peter & Park, Baekkwan
- 183-203 Double-Edged Bullets: The Conditional Effect of Terrorism on Vote for the Incumbent
by Falcó-Gimeno, Albert & Muñoz, Jordi & Pannico, Roberto
- 204-220 Nudges, Regulations and Liberty
by Dowding, Keith & Oprea, Alexandra
- 221-238 Legalization and Compliance: How Judicial Activity Undercuts the Global Trade Regime
by Kucik, Jeffrey & Peritz, Lauren & Puig, Sergio
- 239-247 Catching the ‘Deliberative Wave’? How (Disaffected) Citizens Assess Deliberative Citizen Forums
by Goldberg, Saskia & Bächtiger, André
- 248-248 Catching the ‘Deliberative Wave’? How (Disaffected) Citizens Assess Deliberative Citizen Forums – CORRIGENDUM
by Goldberg, Saskia & Bächtiger, André
- 249-260 The Social Bases of Political Parties: A New Measure and Survey
by Marks, Gary & Attewell, David & Hooghe, Liesbet & Rovny, Jan & Steenbergen, Marco
- 261-268 Proportional Representation and Right-Wing Populism: Evidence from Electoral System Change in Europe
by Becher, Michael & Menéndez González, Irene & Stegmueller, Daniel
- 269-280 The Burden of a Violent Past: Formative Experiences of Repression and Support for Secession in Catalonia
by Rodon, Toni & Tormos, Raül
- 281-296 The Rise of Swedish Social Democracy
by Boix, Carles & Magyar, Zsuzsanna
- 297-307 Stable Views in a Time of Tumult: Assessing Trends in US Public Opinion, 2007–20
by Hopkins, Daniel J.
- 308-325 Disaggregating Civility: Politeness, Public-Mindedness and Their Connection
by Bardon, Aurélia & Bonotti, Matteo & Zech, Steven T. & Ridge, William
October 2022, Volume 52, Issue 4
- 1503-1522 Who are the 3 Per Cent? The Connections Among Climate Change Contrarians
by Young, Laura D. & Fitz, Erin B.
- 1523-1543 Location, Location, Location: How Electoral Opportunities Shape Women's Emergence as Candidates
by Ondercin, Heather L.
- 1544-1563 Gender Stereotyping and the Electoral Success of Women Candidates: New Evidence from Local Elections in the United States
by Anzia, Sarah F. & Bernhard, Rachel
- 1564-1583 Understanding Ambivalent Sexism and its Relationship with Electoral Choice in Britain
by de Geus, Roosmarijn & Ralph-Morrow, Elizabeth & Shorrocks, Rosalind
- 1584-1601 No Longer Conforming to Stereotypes? Gender, Political Style and Parliamentary Debate in the UK
by Hargrave, Lotte & Blumenau, Jack
- 1602-1621 Constrained Citizens? Ideological Structure and Conflict Extension in the US Electorate, 1980–2016
by Hare, Christopher
- 1622-1634 Television and Economic Voting in US Presidential Elections
by Song, B.K.
- 1635-1650 Can Raising the Stakes of Election Outcomes Increase Participation? Results from a Large-Scale Field Experiment in Local Elections
by Huber, Gregory A. & Gerber, Alan S. & Biggers, Daniel R. & Hendry, David J.
- 1651-1667 Phantom Pains: The Effect of Police Killings of Black Americans on Black British Attitudes
by Laniyonu, Ayobami
- 1668-1688 The Long Shadow of Agrarian Conflict: Agrarian Inequality and Voting in Spain
by Domènech, Jordi & Sánchez-Cuenca, Ignacio
- 1689-1708 Commodity Shocks and Incumbency Effects
by Novaes, Lucas M. & Schiumerini, Luis
- 1709-1727 Casting Ballots When Knowing Results
by Araújo, Victor & Gatto, Malu A.C.
- 1728-1747 Participation Improves Collective Decisions (When It Involves Deliberation): Experimental Evidence From Kenya
by Grillos, Tara
- 1748-1768 Civil War and Citizens' Demand for the State: An Empirical Test of Hobbesian Theory
by Blair, Robert A.
- 1769-1789 From Chatter to Action: How Social Networks Inform and Motivate in Rural Uganda
by Larson, Jennifer M. & Lewis, Janet I. & Rodriguez, Pedro L.
- 1790-1809 When Do Private Actors Engage in Censorship? Evidence From a Correspondence Experiment with Russian Private Media Firms
by Beazer, Quintin H. & Crabtree, Charles D. & Fariss, Christopher J. & Kern, Holger L.
- 1810-1830 How Does International Intervention Work to Secure Peace Settlements After Civil Conflicts?
by Matanock, Aila M. & Lichtenheld, Adam
- 1831-1851 Language, Ethnicity, and Separatism: Survey Results from Two Post-Soviet Regions
by Marquardt, Kyle L.
- 1852-1875 How Do Violent Politicians Govern? The Case of Paramilitary-Tied Mayors in Colombia
by Daly, Sarah Zukerman
- 1876-1890 Where Is Presidential Power? Measuring Presidential Discretion Using Experts
by Lowande, Kenneth & Shipan, Charles R.
- 1891-1901 The Effect of Electoral Inversions on Democratic Legitimacy: Evidence from the United States
by Carey, John M. & Helmke, Gretchen & Nyhan, Brendan & Sanders, Mitchell & Stokes, Susan C. & Yamaya, Shun
- 1902-1910 County Over Party: How Governors Prioritized Geography Not Particularism in the Distribution of Opportunity Zones
by Glick, David & Palmer, Maxwell
- 1911-1922 When Is A Pledge A Pledge?
by Krishnarajan, Suthan & Jensen, Carsten
- 1923-1930 Public Distrust in Disputed Elections: Evidence from Latin America
by Hernández-Huerta, Victor & Cantú, Francisco
- 1931-1943 How Open Lists Undermine the Electoral Support of Cohesive Parties
by Bräuninger, Thomas & Däubler, Thomas & Huber, Robert & Rudolph, Lukas
- 1944-1953 Global Capital Cycles and Market Discipline: Perceptions of Developing-Country Borrowers
by Zeitz, Alexandra O.
- 1954-1963 Sanctuary Cities in Europe? A Policy Survey of Urban Policies in Support of Irregular Migrants
by Kaufmann, David & Räss, Nora & Strebel, Dominique & Sager, Fritz
- 1964-1976 Untying Hands: De-escalation, Reputation, and Dynamic Audience Costs
by Quek, Kai
- 1977-1993 Cultural Backlash? How (Not) to Explain the Rise of Authoritarian Populism
by Schäfer, Armin
- 1994-1995 The Role of Child Perception and Motivation in Political Socialization – ERRATUM
by Hatemi, Peter K. & Ojeda, Christopher
July 2022, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 997-1012 Immigrant Political Representation and Local Ethnic Concentration: Evidence from a Swedish Refugee Placement Program
by Lindgren, Karl-Oskar & Nicholson, Michael D. & Oskarsson, Sven
- 1013-1031 Does Immigration Produce a Public Backlash or Public Acceptance? Time-Series, Cross-Sectional Evidence from Thirty European Democracies
by Claassen, Christopher & McLaren, Lauren
- 1032-1054 A New Electorate? Explaining the Party Preferences of Immigrant-Origin Voters at the 2017 Bundestag Election
by Goerres, Achim & Mayer, Sabrina Jasmin & Spies, Dennis Christopher
- 1055-1075 Against the Flow: Differentiating Between Public Opposition to the Immigration Stock and Flow
by Margalit, Yotam & Solodoch, Omer
- 1076-1098 The Effects of Dehumanizing Attitudes about Black People on Whites’ Voting Decisions
by Jardina, Ashley & Piston, Spencer
- 1099-1112 The Super-Predator Effect: How Negative Targeted Messages Demobilize Black Voters
by Stout, Christopher & Baker, Keith
- 1113-1132 Protecting the Vote? Peacekeeping Presence and the Risk of Electoral Violence
by Fjelde, Hanne & Smidt, Hannah M.
- 1133-1150 Did Terrorism Affect Voting in the Brexit Referendum?
by Bove, Vincenzo & Efthyvoulou, Georgios & Pickard, Harry
- 1151-1167 Leader Nationalism, Ethnic Identity, and Terrorist Violence
by Choi, Seung-Whan
- 1168-1185 Democratizing the Party: The Effects of Primary Election Reforms in Ghana
by Ichino, Nahomi & Nathan, Noah L.
- 1186-1204 How Does Uncertainty Affect Voters' Preferences?
by Christensen, Love
- 1205-1225 Deliberative Distortions? Homogenization, Polarization, and Domination in Small Group Discussions
by Luskin, Robert C. & Sood, Gaurav & Fishkin, James S. & Hahn, Kyu S.
- 1226-1239 Feminism as Epic Theory
by Phelan, Kate M.
- 1240-1257 Rethinking Women's Interests: An Inductive and Intersectional Approach to Defining Women's Policy Priorities
by Yildirim, Tevfik Murat
- 1258-1275 Pronoun Usage as a Measure of Power Personalization: A General Theory with Evidence from the Chinese-Speaking World
by Liu, Amy H.
- 1276-1295 Taxing the Tails in a Global Economy: How Electoral, Party and Wage Bargaining Systems Interact to Determine the Taxes Paid by the Poor and Rich
by Hays, Jude C.
- 1296-1314 Are Policy Analogies Persuasive? The Household Budget Analogy and Public Support for Austerity
by Barnes, Lucy & Hicks, Timothy
- 1315-1332 When Does Income Inequality Cause Polarization?
by Gunderson, Jacob R.
- 1333-1354 Winning Hearts and Minds for Rebel Rulers: Foreign Aid and Military Contestation in Syria
by Carnegie, Allison & Howe, Kimberly & Lichtenheld, Adam G. & Mukhopadhyay, Dipali
- 1355-1376 Foreign Aid and Soft Power: Great Power Competition in Africa in the Early Twenty-first Century
by Blair, Robert A. & Marty, Robert & Roessler, Philip
- 1377-1397 Militarization and Perceptions of Law Enforcement in the Developing World: Evidence from a Conjoint Experiment in Mexico
by Flores-Macías, Gustavo & Zarkin, Jessica
- 1398-1408 The Comparative Legislators Database
by Göbel, Sascha & Munzert, Simon
- 1409-1417 Are Populists Sore Losers? Explaining Populist Citizens' Preferences for and Reactions to Referendums
by Werner, Hannah & Jacobs, Kristof
- 1418-1427 Response Options and the Measurement of Political Knowledge
by Bullock, John G. & Rader, Kelly
- 1428-1435 How do Public Officials Learn About Policy? A Field Experiment on Policy Diffusion
by Pereira, Miguel M.
- 1436-1446 Locked Out of College: When Admissions Bureaucrats Do and Do Not Discriminate
by Brown, Jacob R. & Hilbig, Hanno
- 1447-1454 Political Equality and Substantive Representation by Interest Groups
by Boräng, Frida & Naurin, Daniel
- 1455-1464 What Countries Select More Experienced Leaders? The PolEx Measure of Political Experience
by Baturo, Alexander & Elkink, Johan A.
- 1465-1471 The Institutional Order of Liberalization
by Edgell, Amanda B. & Boese, Vanessa A. & Maerz, Seraphine F. & Lindenfors, Patrik & Lindberg, Staffan I.
- 1472-1481 Asset Specificity, Corporate Protection and Trade Policy: Firm-Level Evidence from Antidumping Petitions in Nineteen Jurisdictions
by Egerod, Benjamin C. K. & Justesen, Mogens K.
- 1482-1489 The Perils of Estimating Disengagement Effects of Deadly Terrorist Attacks Utilizing Social Media Data
by Hansen, Tanja Marie
- 1490-1501 Islamic State's Terrorist Attacks Disengage Their Supporters: Robust Evidence from Twitter
by Barceló, Joan & Labzina, Elena
April 2022, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 501-519 Do Stereotypes Explain Discrimination Against Minority Candidates or Discrimination in Favor of Majority Candidates?
by Portmann, Lea
- 520-534 Do Disabled Candidates Represent Disabled Citizens?
by Reher, Stefanie
- 535-552 The Diminishing Value of Representing the Disadvantaged: Between Group Representation and Individual Career Paths
by Bailer, Stefanie & Breunig, Christian & Giger, Nathalie & Wüst, Andreas M.
- 553-572 Can Elites Escape Blame by Explaining Themselves? Suspicion and the Limits of Elite Explanations
by Robison, Joshua
- 573-592 Partisan Misalignment and the Counter-Partisan Response: How National Politics Conditions Majority-Party Policy Making in the American States
by Miras, Nicholas S. & Rouse, Stella M.
- 593-612 Learning at Home and Abroad: How Competition Conditions the Diffusion of Party Strategies
by Juhl, Sebastian & Williams, Laron K.
- 613-630 The Ties That Bind: Text Similarities and Conditional Diffusion among Parties
by Düpont, Nils & Rachuj, Martin
- 631-648 Living Together, Voting Together: Voters Moving in Together Before an Election Have Higher Turnout
by Dahlgaard, Jens Olav & Bhatti, Yosef & Hansen, Jonas Hedegaard & Hansen, Kasper M.
- 649-670 Candidate Filtering: The Strategic Use of Electoral Manipulations in Russia
by Szakonyi, David
- 671-696 When Autocrats Threaten Citizens with Violence: Evidence from China
by Carter, Erin Baggott & Carter, Brett L.
- 697-714 Politics of Nostalgia and Populism: Evidence from Turkey
by Elçi, Ezgi
- 715-735 Railroads and Reform: How Trains Strengthened the Nation State
by Cermeño, Alexandra L. & Enflo, Kerstin & Lindvall, Johannes
- 736-757 The Origins of Colonial Investments in Former British and French Africa
by Ricart-Huguet, Joan
- 758-780 Incumbents Beware: The Impact of Offshoring on Elections
by Rickard, Stephanie J.
- 781-804 Do Investor–State Disputes (Still) Harm FDI?
by Kerner, Andrew & Pelc, Krzysztof J.
- 805-828 What We Talk about When We Talk about Poverty: Culture and Welfare State Development in Britain, Denmark and France
by Martin, Cathie & Chevalier, Tom
- 829-849 How Credit Markets Substitute for Welfare States and Influence Social Policy Preferences: Evidence from US States
by Wiedemann, Andreas
- 850-868 Cyber Terrorism and Public Support for Retaliation – A Multi-Country Survey Experiment
by Shandler, Ryan & Gross, Michael L. & Backhaus, Sophia & Canetti, Daphna
- 869-885 The Interaction of Structural Factors and Diffusion in Social Unrest: Evidence from the Swing Riots
by Aidt, Toke & Leon-Ablan, Gabriel
- 886-907 Hate Speech Prosecution of Politicians and its Effect on Support for the Legal System and Democracy
by Rekker, Roderik & van Spanje, Joost
- 908-920 Mitigating Servility: Policies of Egalitarian Self-Relations
by Hojlund, Anne-Sofie Greisen
- 921-933 Libertarian Paternalism and the Problem of Preference Architecture
by Kniess, Johannes
- 934-948 Civic Education in High School and Voter Turnout in Adulthood
by Weinschenk, Aaron C. & Dawes, Christopher T.
- 949-957 When Does Accommodation Work? Electoral Effects of Mainstream Left Position Taking on Immigration
by Hjorth, Frederik & Larsen, Martin Vinæs
- 958-967 Explaining the Relationship Between Class Position and Political Preferences: A Long-Term Panel Analysis of Intra-Generational Class Mobility
by Langsæther, Peter Egge & Evans, Geoffrey & O'Grady, Tom
- 968-976 Does Free-Market Reform Induce Protest? Selection, Post-Treatment Bias, and Depoliticization
by Kurtz, Marcus J. & Lauretig, Adam
- 977-996 Terrorism and Migration: An Overview
by Helbling, Marc & Meierrieks, Daniel
January 2022, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 1-20 Value Shift: Immigration Attitudes and the Sociocultural Divide
by Lancaster, Caroline Marie
- 21-40 Economic Opportunities, Emigration and Exit Prisoners
by Horz, Carlo M. & Marbach, Moritz
- 41-64 The Price of Probity: Anticorruption and Adverse Selection in the Chinese Bureaucracy
by Jiang, Junyan & Shao, Zijie & Zhang, Zhiyuan
- 65-84 The Effects of China's Development Projects on Political Accountability
by Ping, Szu-Ning & Wang, Yi-Ting & Chang, Wen-Yang
- 85-106 Why Do States Intervene in the Elections of Others? The Role of Incumbent–Opposition Divisions
by Bubeck, Johannes & Jäger, Kai & Marinov, Nikolay & Nanni, Federico
- 107-127 Political Knowledge and Misinformation in the Era of Social Media: Evidence From the 2015 UK Election
by Munger, Kevin & Egan, Patrick J. & Nagler, Jonathan & Ronen, Jonathan & Tucker, Joshua
- 128-145 It's All About Solidarity Stupid! How Solidarity Frames Structure the Party Political Sphere
by Thijssen, Peter & Verheyen, Pieter
- 146-161 Many Ways to be Right: Cross-Pressured Voters in Western Europe
by Gidron, Noam
- 162-180 Parties on the Left, Parties on the Right: Electoral Competition and Citizenship Policy Change in Europe
by Graeber, John
- 181-199 The Effect of Austerity Packages on Government Popularity During the Great Recession
by Bojar, Abel & Bremer, Björn & Kriesi, Hanspeter & Wang, Chendi
- 200-220 Macrointerest
by Peterson, David A. M. & Miller, Joanne M. & Saunders, Kyle L. & McClurg, Scott D.
- 221-237 Real, but Limited: A Meta-Analytic Assessment of Framing Effects in the Political Domain
by Amsalem, Eran & Zoizner, Alon
- 238-258 The Role of Communities in the Transmission of Political Values: Evidence from Forced Population Transfers
by Charnysh, Volha & Peisakhin, Leonid
- 259-279 Revealing Issue Salience via Costly Protest: How Legislative Behavior Following Protest Advantages Low-Resource Groups
by Gause, LaGina
- 280-299 Constitutional Rigidity Matters: A Veto Players Approach
by Tsebelis, George
- 300-319 Premise Disputes and Political Ideology
by Barker, David C. & Marietta, Morgan
- 320-338 Who Gets What: The Economy, Relative Gains and Brexit
by Green, Jane & Hellwig, Timothy & Fieldhouse, Edward
- 339-357 Democracy, Autocracy, and Everything in Between: How Domestic Institutions Affect Environmental Protection
by von Stein, Jana
- 358-380 Governmental Responses to Terrorism in Autocracies: Evidence from China
by Potter, Philip B. K. & Wang, Chen
- 381-398 With Frenemies Like These: Rising Power Voting Behavior in the UN General Assembly
by Binder, Martin & Lockwood Payton, Autumn
- 399-407 Crime Victimization Increases Turnout: Evidence from Individual-Level Administrative Panel Data
by Sønderskov, Kim Mannemar & Dinesen, Peter Thisted & Finkel, Steven E. & Hansen, Kasper M.
- 408-415 State First? A Disaggregation and Empirical Interrogation
by Andersen, David & Doucette, Jonathan
- 416-428 Have Europeans Grown Tired of Democracy? New Evidence from Eighteen Consolidated Democracies, 1981–2018
by Wuttke, Alexander & Gavras, Konstantin & Schoen, Harald
- 429-436 Process vs. Outcome? How to Evaluate the Effects of Participatory Processes on Legitimacy Perceptions
by Werner, Hannah & Marien, Sofie
- 437-444 Western Political Rhetoric and Radicalization
by O'Brochta, William & Tavits, Margit & Aksoy, Deniz
- 445-455 TIP for Tat: Political Bias in Human Trafficking Reporting
by Harmon, Rachel & Arnon, Daniel & Park, Baekkwan
- 456-466 Reducing Risk as well as Inequality: Assessing the Welfare State's Insurance Effects
by Hacker, Jacob S. & Rehm, Philipp
- 467-474 Dynamic Political Interest: How Personality Differences and the Political Environment Shape Political Interest
by Larsen, Erik Gahner
- 475-482 Birth Order and Voter Turnout
by Bratsberg, Bernt & Dawes, Christopher T. & Kotsadam, Andreas & Lindgren, Karl-Oskar & Öhrvall, Richard & Oskarsson, Sven & Raaum, Oddbjørn
- 483-491 Partisan Context and Procedural Values: Attitudes Towards Presidential Secrecy Before and after the 2016 US Election
by Berliner, Daniel
- 492-500 The Heightened Importance of Racism and Sexism in the 2018 US Midterm Elections
by Schaffner, Brian F.
October 2021, Volume 51, Issue 4
- 1357-1380 Economic Inequality, Immigrants and Selective Solidarity: From Perceived Lack of Opportunity to In-group Favoritism
by Magni, Gabriele
- 1381-1401 ‘They Take Our Houses’: Benefit Competition and the Erosion of Support for Immigrants' Social Rights
by Hooijer, Gerda
- 1402-1420 Political Trust and Support for Immigration in the American Mass Public
by Macdonald, David
- 1421-1438 The Two Faces of Party Ambiguity: A Comprehensive Model of Ambiguous Party Position Perceptions
by Nyhuis, Dominic & Stoetzer, Lukas F.
- 1439-1456 Party Cues in the News: Democratic Elites, Republican Backlash, and the Dynamics of Climate Skepticism
by Merkley, Eric & Stecula, Dominik A.
- 1457-1475 Dimensions of Elite Partisan Polarization: Disentangling the Effects of Incivility and Issue Polarization
by Skytte, Rasmus
- 1476-1493 Divided by the Vote: Affective Polarization in the Wake of the Brexit Referendum
by Hobolt, Sara B. & Leeper, Thomas J. & Tilley, James
- 1494-1515 Hawkish Partisans: How Political Parties Shape Nationalist Conflicts in China and Japan
by Incerti, Trevor & Mattingly, Daniel & Rosenbluth, Frances & Tanaka, Seiki & Yue, Jiahua
- 1516-1528 Do as I Say or Do as I Do? How Social Relationships Shape the Impact of Descriptive and Injunctive Norms of Voting
by Fieldhouse, Edward & Cutts, David
- 1529-1549 Get Information or Get in Formation: The Effects of High-Information Environments on Legislative Elections
by Trussler, Marc
- 1550-1564 Primaries Through the Looking Glass: The Electoral Effects of Opening the Selection of Top Candidates
by Astudillo, Javier & Lago, Ignacio
- 1565-1581 Who Wants To Be a Politician? Basic Human Values and Candidate Emergence in the United Kingdom
by Weinberg, James