Cambridge University Press
British Journal of Political Science
October 2017, Volume 47, Issue 04
- 719-748 The British Academy Brian Barry Prize Essay: An Exit, Voice and Loyalty Model of Politics
by Clark, William Roberts & Golder, Matt & Golder, Sona N.
- 749-782 No Business Like FIRC Business: Foreign-Imposed Regime Change and Bilateral Trade
by Zachary, Paul & Deloughery, Kathleen & Downes, Alexander B.
- 783-807 The Physical Consequences of Fiscal Flexibility: Sovereign Credit and Physical Integrity Rights
by Clay, K. Chad & Digiuseppe, Matthew R.
- 809-827 Open/Closed List and Party Choice: Experimental Evidence from the UK
by Blumenau, Jack & Eggers, Andrew C. & Hangartner, Dominik & Hix, Simon
- 829-850 A Categorization Theory of Spatial Voting: How the Center Divides the Political Space
by Bølstad, Jørgen & Dinas, Elias
- 851-868 The Party in Time
by White, Jonathan
- 869-892 Implementing the Peace: The Aggregate Implementation of Comprehensive Peace Agreements and Peace Duration after Intrastate Armed Conflict
by Joshi, Madhav & Quinn, Jason Michael
- 893-913 How Democratic Alliances Solve the Power Parity Problem
by Conrad, Justin
- 915-938 Re-examining Socialization Theory: How Does Democracy Influence the Impact of Education on Anti-Foreigner Sentiment?
by Frølund Thomsen, Jens Peter & Olsen, Mark
- 939-949 Cultural Distance and Interstate Conflicts
by Bove, Vincenzo & Gokmen, Gunes
July 2017, Volume 47, Issue 03
- 479-499 The British Academy Brian Barry Prize Essay: Can Religious Norms Undermine Effective Property Rights?: Evidence from Inheritance Rights of Widows in Colonial India
by Kulkarni, Parashar
- 501-519 Campaign Perceptions of Electoral Closeness: Uncertainty, Fear and Over-Confidence
by Enos, Ryan D. & Hersh, Eitan D.
- 521-543 Cultivating Effective Brokers: A Party Leader’s Dilemma
by Camp, Edwin
- 545-569 Unity in Diversity? The Development of Political Parties in the Parliament of Canada, 1867–2011
by Godbout, Jean-François & Høyland, Bjørn
- 571-588 Knowing More from Less: How the Information Environment Increases Knowledge of Party Positions
by Banducci, Susan & Giebler, Heiko & Kritzinger, Sylvia
- 589-608 Political Orientation, Information and Perceptions of Election Fraud: Evidence from Russia
by Robertson, Graeme
- 609-629 The Effect of a Booming Local Economy in Early Childhood on the Propensity to Vote: Evidence from a Natural Experiment
by Finseraas, Henning
- 631-651 Political Competition and Ethnic Riots in Democratic Transition: A Lesson from Indonesia
by Toha, Risa J.
- 653-674 Commerce and Conflict: New Data about the Great War
by Gowa, Joanne & Hicks, Raymond
- 675-697 Resolving Civil Wars before They Start: The UN Security Council and Conflict Prevention in Self-Determination Disputes
by Beardsley, Kyle & Cunningham, David E. & White, Peter B.
- 699-718 Repression and Activism among the Arab Spring’s First Movers: Evidence from Morocco’s February 20th Movement
by Lawrence, Adria K.
April 2017, Volume 47, Issue 02
- 241-262 Rumors and Health Care Reform: Experiments in Political Misinformation
by Berinsky, Adam J.
- 263-281 Markets as Mere Means
by Claassen, Rutger
- 283-311 A War of (Mis)Information: The Political Effects of Rumors and Rumor Rebuttals in an Authoritarian Country
by Huang, Haifeng
- 313-328 Diversity in the News? A Study of Interest Groups in the Media in the UK, Spain and Denmark
by Binderkrantz, Anne Skorkjær & Bonafont, Laura Chaqués & Halpin, Darren R.
- 329-349 Mixed Signals: IMF Lending and Capital Markets
by Chapman, Terrence & Fang, Songying & Li, Xin & Stone, Randall W.
- 351-372 Long-Term Consequences of Election Results
by Fowler, Anthony & Hall, Andrew B.
- 373-389 Electoral Systems, Ethnic Heterogeneity and Party System Fragmentation
by Lublin, David
- 391-411 Why Pre-Electoral Coalitions in Presidential Systems?
by Kellam, Marisa
- 413-435 Candidate Ethnic Origins and Voter Preferences: Examining Name Discrimination in Local Elections in Britain
by Thrasher, Michael & Borisyuk, Galina & Rallings, Colin & Webber, Richard
- 437-461 Democracy by Demand? Reinvestigating the Effect of Self-expression Values on Political Regime Type
by Dahlum, Sirianne & Knutsen, Carl Henrik
- 463-472 Pitfalls in the Study of Democratization: Testing the Emancipatory Theory of Democracy
by Welzel, Christian & Inglehart, Ronald & Kruse, Stefan
- 473-478 What Counts as Evidence? Panel Data and the Empirical Evaluation of Revised Modernization Theory
by Dahlum, Sirianne & Knutsen, Carl Henrik
January 2017, Volume 47, Issue 01
- 1-17 Autocratic Legislatures and Expropriation Risk
by Wilson, Matthew Charles & Wright, Joseph
- 19-45 Destined for Democracy? Labour Markets and Political Change in Colonial British America
by Nikolova, Elena
- 47-70 Central Bank Independence and Fiscal Policy: Can the Central Bank Restrain Deficit Spending?
by Bodea, Cristina & Higashijima, Masaaki
- 71-90 Contingent Democratization: When Do Economic Crises Matter?
by Tang, Min & Huhe, Narisong & Zhou, Qiang
- 91-112 Why Does Alejandro Know More about Politics than Catalina? Explaining the Latin American Gender Gap in Political Knowledge
by Fraile, Marta & Gomez, Raul
- 113-129 Is Belief in Conspiracy Theories Pathological? A Survey Experiment on the Cognitive Roots of Extreme Suspicion
by Radnitz, Scott & Underwood, Patrick
- 131-148 The Incumbency Bonus Revisited: Causes and Consequences of Media Dominance
by Green-Pedersen, Christoffer & Mortensen, Peter B. & Thesen, Gunnar
- 149-164 Is Proportional Representation More Favourable to the Left? Electoral Rules and Their Impact on Elections, Parliaments and the Formation of Cabinets
by Döring, Holger & Manow, Philip
- 165-185 Inclusion, Dispersion, and Constraint: Powersharing in the World’s States, 1975–2010
by Strøm, Kaare W. & Gates, Scott & Graham, Benjamin A.T. & Strand, Håvard
- 187-202 Pulling Together: Shared Intentions, Deliberative Democracy and Deeply Divided Societies
by O’Flynn, Ian
- 203-227 Mass Warfare and the Welfare State – Causal Mechanisms and Effects
by Obinger, Herbert & Petersen, Klaus
- 229-234 Party System Volatility in Post-Communist Europe
by Crabtree, Charles & Golder, Matt
- 235-239 Little is Known about Party System Volatility in Post-Communist Europe, but We Have Interesting New Methods and Data for Studying It
by Powell, Eleanor Neff & Tucker, Joshua A.
October 2016, Volume 46, Issue 04
- 719-729 Two Logics of Indirect Governance: Delegation and Orchestration
by Abbott, Kenneth W. & Genschel, Philipp & Snidal, Duncan & Zangl, Bernhard
- 731-741 Maximizing the Reliability of Cross-National Measures of Presidential Power
by Doyle, David & Elgie, Robert
- 743-761 Understanding Pre-electoral Coalitions in Central and Eastern Europe
by Ibenskas, Raimondas
- 763-784 The Politics of Agency Death: Ministers and the Survival of Government Agencies in a Parliamentary System
by James, Oliver & Petrovsky, Nicolai & Moseley, Alice & Boyne, George A.
- 785-797 Party-constrained Policy Responsiveness: A Survey Experiment on Politicians’ Response to Citizen-initiated Contacts
by Öhberg, Patrik & Naurin, Elin
- 799-823 The Political Conditioning of Subjective Economic Evaluations: The Role of Party Discourse
by Pardos-Prado, Sergi & Sagarzazu, Iñaki
- 825-844 The Ideological Asymmetry of the American Party System
by Lelkes, Yphtach & Sniderman, Paul M.
- 845-859 Conflict will Harden your Heart: Exposure to Violence, Psychological Distress, and Peace Barriers in Israel and Palestine
by Hirsch-Hoefler, Sivan & Canetti, Daphna & Rapaport, Carmit & Hobfoll, Stevan E.
- 861-889 Measuring the Cost of Privacy: A Look at the Distributional Effects of Private Bargaining
by Kucik, Jeffrey & Pelc, Krzysztof J.
- 891-913 We Are the World: The U.S. Supreme Court’s Use of Foreign Sources of Law
by Black, Ryan C. & Owens, Ryan J. & Brookhart, Jennifer L.
- 915-936 Justice below the State: Civil Society as a Site of Justice
by Cordelli, Chiara
- 937-956 Institutions for the Anthropocene: Governance in a Changing Earth System
by Dryzek, John S.
July 2016, Volume 46, Issue 03
- 481-500 Does Church Attendance Cause People to Vote? Using Blue Laws’ Repeal to Estimate the Effect of Religiosity on Voter Turnout
by Gerber, Alan S. & Gruber, Jonathan & Hungerman, Daniel M.
- 501-527 Factories for Votes? How Authoritarian Leaders Gain Popular Support Using Targeted Industrial Policy
by Hong, Ji Yeon & Park, Sunkyoung
- 529-550 Places and Preferences: A Longitudinal Analysis of Self-Selection and Contextual Effects
by Gallego, Aina & Buscha, Franz & Sturgis, Patrick & Oberski, Daniel
- 551-566 Small Differences that Matter: The Impact of Discussion Modalities on Deliberative Outcomes
by Baccaro, Lucio & Bächtiger, André & Deville, Marion
- 567-589 Party Cohesion in Westminster Systems: Inducements, Replacement and Discipline in the House of Commons, 1836–1910
by Eggers, Andrew C. & Spirling, Arthur
- 591-610 Ideological Clarity in Multiparty Competition: A New Measure and Test Using Election Manifestos
by Lo, James & Proksch, Sven-Oliver & Slapin, Jonathan B.
- 611-632 Leadership Competition and Disagreement at Party National Congresses
by Greene, Zachary & Haber, Matthias
- 633-654 Who Responds? Voters, Parties and Issue Attention
by Klüver, Heike & Spoon, Jae-Jae
- 655-679 Making Promises, Keeping Promises: Democracy, Ratification and Compliance in International Human Rights Law
by von Stein, Jana
- 681-700 Kinds of Blue: Diversity in UN Peacekeeping Missions and Civilian Protection
by Bove, Vincenzo & Ruggeri, Andrea
- 701-717 Inaction Inertia in International Negotiations: The Consequences of Missed Opportunities
by Terris, Lesley G. & Tykocinski, Orit E.
April 2016, Volume 46, Issue 02
- 241-264 Why People Vote: Estimating the Social Returns to Voting
by Gerber, Alan S. & Huber, Gregory A. & Doherty, David & Dowling, Conor M.
- 265-279 Mechanical and Psychological Effects of Electoral Reform
by Fiva, Jon H. & Folke, Olle
- 281-296 Policy, Office and Votes: The Electoral Value of Ministerial Office
by Martin, Shane
- 297-320 Electoral Institutions and Electoral Violence in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Fjelde, Hanne & Höglund, Kristine
- 321-348 A Two-Stage Theory of Discussant Influence on Vote Choice in Multiparty Systems
by Schmitt-Beck, Rüdiger & Partheymüller, Julia
- 349-370 The Politics of Financialization in the United States, 1949–2005
by Witko, Christopher
- 371-393 To Link or Not to Link? Agenda Change in International Bargaining
by Mckibben, Heather Elko
- 395-416 Judicial Instability and Endogenous Constitutional Change: Lessons from Latin America
by Pérez-Liñán, Aníbal & Castagnola, Andrea
- 417-436 Niche Party Success and Mainstream Party Policy Shifts – How Green and Radical Right Parties Differ in Their Impact
by Abou-Chadi, Tarik
- 437-456 Majorities and Minarets: Religious Freedom and Public Space
by Miller, David
- 457-478 A Long Constitution is a (Positively) Bad Constitution: Evidence from OECD Countries
by Tsebelis, George & Nardi, Dominic J.
- 479-480 A Long Constitution is a (Positively) Bad Constitution: Evidence from OECD Countries – CORRIGENDUM
by Tsebelis, George & Nardi, Dominic J.
January 2016, Volume 46, Issue 01
- 1-9 From Arrow’s Theorem to ‘Dark Matter’
by Saari, Donald G.
- 11-29 Juking the Stats? Authoritarian Information Problems in China
by Wallace, Jeremy L.
- 31-43 Cabinet Formation and Portfolio Distribution in European Multiparty Systems
by Cutler, Josh & De Marchi, Scott & Gallop, Max & Hollenbach, Florian M. & Laver, Michael & Orlowski, Matthias
- 45-65 How Socialization Attenuates Tax Competition
by Gilardi, Fabrizio & Wasserfallen, Fabio
- 67-94 Pocketbook vs. Sociotropic Corruption Voting
by Klašnja, Marko & Tucker, Joshua A. & Deegan-Krause, Kevin
- 95-125 Does Economic Globalization Influence the US Policy Mood?: A Study of US Public Sentiment, 1956–2011
by Owen, Erica & Quinn, Dennis P.
- 127-148 Group Entitlement, Anger and Participation in Intergroup Violence
by Claassen, Christopher
- 149-175 Citizens and Security Threats: Issues, Perceptions and Consequences Beyond the National Frame
by Stevens, Daniel & Vaughan-Williams, Nick
- 177-194 Who's Afraid of Conflict? The Mobilizing Effect of Conflict Framing in Campaign News
by Schuck, Andreas R.T. & Vliegenthart, Rens & De Vreese, Claes H.
- 195-204 Media Content and Political Behavior in Observational Research: A Critical Assessment
by Fazekas, Zoltán & Larsen, Erik Gahner
- 205-213 Matching Theory and Data: Why Combining Media Content with Survey Data Matters
by Schuck, Andreas R.T. & Vliegenthart, Rens & De Vreese, Claes H.
- 215-238 The Origins of Voluntary Compliance: Attitudes toward Taxation in Urban Nigeria
by Bodea, Cristina & LeBas, Adrienne
- 239-240 The Origins of Voluntary Compliance: Attitudes toward Taxation in Urban Nigeria – CORRIGENDUM
by Bodea, Cristina & Lebas, Adrienne
October 2015, Volume 45, Issue 04
- 705-714 Three Paths to Constitutionalism – and the Crisis of the European Union
by Ackerman, Bruce
- 715-738 Which Democracies Will Last? Coups, Incumbent Takeovers, and the Dynamic of Democratic Consolidation
by Svolik, Milan W.
- 739-754 A New Approach to the Study of Parties Entering Government
by Glasgow, Garrett & Golder, Sona N.
- 755-775 Crafting Mass Partisanship at the Grass Roots
by Samuels, David & Zucco, Cesar
- 777-797 Legislative Gridlock and Bureaucratic Politics in the European Union
by Junge, Dirk & König, Thomas & Luig, Bernd
- 799-827 Your Place or Mine? Institutional Capture and the Creation of Overlapping International Institutions
by Urpelainen, Johannes & Van de Graaf, Thijs
- 829-851 A Particular Difference: European Identity and Civilian Targeting
by Fazal, Tanisha M. & Greene, Brooke C.
- 853-881 Wired Voters: The Effects of Internet Use on Voters’ Electoral Uncertainty
by Sudulich, Laura & Wall, Matthew & Baccini, Leonardo
- 883-905 Candidate Ethnicity and Vote Choice in Britain
by Fisher, Stephen D. & Heath, Anthony F. & Sanders, David & Sobolewska, Maria
- 907-927 ‘We Don't Do God’? Religion and Party Choice in Britain
by Tilley, James
- 929-938 Whose Issue Is It Anyway? A New Look at the Meaning and Measurement of Issue Ownership
by Therriault, Andrew
July 2015, Volume 45, Issue 03
- 467-475 ‘It Isn’t What We Don’t Know that Gives Us Trouble, It’s What We Know that Ain’t So’: Misinformation and Democratic Politics
by Hochschild, Jennifer & Einstein, Katherine Levine
- 477-499 Legislative Activity and Gridlock in the European Union
by Crombez, Christophe & Hix, Simon
- 501-530 Democratic Pieces: Autocratic Elections and Democratic Development since 1815
by Miller, Michael K.
- 531-557 The Upside of Accents: Language, Inter-group Difference, and Attitudes toward Immigration
by Hopkins, Daniel J.
- 559-582 All Policies Are Glocal: International Environmental Policy Making with Strategic Subnational Governments
by Bechtel, Michael M. & Urpelainen, Johannes
- 583-607 Easing the Heavy Hand: Humanitarian Concern, Empathy, and Opinion on Immigration
by Newman, Benjamin J. & Hartman, Todd K. & Lown, Patrick L. & Feldman, Stanley
- 609-634 Direct and Indirect Representation
by Hirano, Shigeo & Ting, Michael M.
- 635-661 Jus Post Bellum and the Responsibility to Rebuild
by Pattison, James
- 663-687 Parties, Institutions and the Politics of Law and Order: How Political Institutions and Partisan Ideologies Shape Law-and-Order Spending in Twenty Western Industrialized Countries
by Wenzelburger, Georg
- 689-703 Education and Political Participation
by Persson, Mikael
April 2015, Volume 45, Issue 02
- 235-251 The British Academy Brian Barry Prize Essay: Mandatory Citizenship for Immigrants
by De Schutter, Helder & Ypi, Lea
- 253-285 Reassessing the Links between Regime Type and Economic Performance: Why Some Authoritarian Regimes Show Stable Growth and Others Do Not
by Chandra, Siddharth & Rudra, Nita
- 287-306 Oil and Autocratic Regime Survival
by Wright, Joseph & Frantz, Erica & Geddes, Barbara
- 307-327 The Political Economy of Prevention
by Gough, Ian
- 329-351 Who Caucuses? An Experimental Approach to Institutional Design and Electoral Participation
by Karpowitz, Christopher F. & Pope, Jeremy C.
- 353-389 Compensation or Constraint? How Different Dimensions of Economic Globalization Affect Government Spending and Electoral Turnout
by Marshall, John & Fisher, Stephen D.
- 391-410 An ‘A’ for Effort: Experimental Evidence on UN Security Council Engagement and Support for US Military Action in Japan
by Tago, Atsushi & Ikeda, Maki
- 411-433 When is Good News About Pro-Co-operation Lobbies Good News About Co-operation?
by Chaudoin, Stephen & Urpelainen, Johannes
- 435-466 Scandal Potential: How Political Context and News Congestion Affect the President's Vulnerability to Media Scandal
by Nyhan, Brendan
January 2015, Volume 45, Issue 01
- 1-27 Human Rights Institutions, Sovereignty Costs and Democratization
by Hafner-Burton, Emilie M. & Mansfield, Edward D. & Pevehouse, Jon C.W.
- 29-51 Online Social Media and Political Awareness in Authoritarian Regimes
by Reuter, Ora John & Szakonyi, David
- 53-71 Foreign Aided: Why Democratization Brings Growth When Democracy Does Not
by Hariri, Jacob Gerner
- 73-95 The Impact of Campaign Finance Laws on Party Competition
by Potter, Joshua D. & Tavits, Margit
- 97-119 Explaining Party Positions on Decentralization
by Toubeau, Simon & Wagner, Markus
- 121-139 The Politics of Fission: An Analysis of Faction Breakaways among Italian Parties (1946–2011)
by Ceron, Andrea
- 141-171 The Origins of Patronage Politics: State Building, Centrifugalism, and Decolonization
by Kenny, Paul D.
- 173-193 Policy Representation, Social Representation and Class Voting in Britain
by Heath, Oliver
- 195-213 Fair's Fair? Principles, Partisanship, and Perceptions of the Fairness of Campaign Rhetoric
by Stevens, Daniel & Allen, Barbara & Sullivan, John & Lawrence, Eric
- 215-233 Political Legitimacy in the Real Normative World: The Priority of Morality and the Autonomy of the Political
by Erman, Eva & Möller, Niklas
October 2014, Volume 44, Issue 04
- 707-716 It Isn't Just about Greece: Domestic Politics, Transparency and Fiscal Gimmickry in Europe
by Alt, James & Lassen, David Dreyer & Wehner, Joachim
- 717-739 Strategic Behavior and Organizational Structure in Religions
by Wittman, Donald
- 741-772 Dynamic Elite Partisanship: Party Loyalty and Agenda Setting in the US House
by Lindstädt, René & Vander Wielen, Ryan J.
- 773-797 Learning Democracy: Education and the Fall of Authoritarian Regimes
by Sanborn, Howard & Thyne, Clayton L.
- 799-825 Coups and Democracy
by Marinov, Nikolay & Goemans, Hein
- 827-852 Why Does the Apple Fall Far from the Tree? How Early Political Socialization Prompts Parent-Child Dissimilarity
by Dinas, Elias
- 853-875 Taking the Fight to Them: Neighborhood Human Rights Organizations and Domestic Protest
by Bell, Sam R. & Bhasin, Tavishi & Clay, K. Chad & Murdie, Amanda
- 877-902 Does WTO Dispute Settlement Enforce or Inform?
by Sattler, Thomas & Spilker, Gabriele & Bernauer, Thomas
- 903-936 Profitable Participation: Technology Innovation as an Influence on the Ratification of Regulatory Treaties
by Marcoux, Christopher & Urpelainen, Johannes
July 2014, Volume 44, Issue 03
- 477-486 Global Experimentalist Governance
by De Búrca, Gráinne & Keohane, Robert O. & Sabel, Charles
- 487-513 Who Protests in Greece? Mass Opposition to Austerity
by Rüdig, Wolfgang & Karyotis, Georgios
- 515-544 Beyond Presidentialism and Parliamentarism
by Cheibub, José Antonio & Elkins, Zachary & Ginsburg, Tom
- 545-574 Technology Competition and International Co-operation: Friends or Foes?
by Kim, Sung Eun & Urpelainen, Johannes
- 575-603 Gaming Democracy: Elite Dominance during Transition and the Prospects for Redistribution
by Albertus, Michael & Menaldo, Victor
- 605-630 Principals, Agents and Human Rights
by Cingranelli, David & Fajardo-Heyward, Paola & Filippov, Mikhail
- 631-653 The Institutional Turn in Comparative Authoritarianism
by Pepinsky, Thomas
- 655-684 Unbundling the Relationship between Authoritarian Legislatures and Political Risk
by Jensen, Nathan M. & Malesky, Edmund & Weymouth, Stephen
- 685-706 Too Much of a Bad Thing? Civilian Victimization and Bargaining in Civil War
by Wood, Reed M. & Kathman, Jacob D.
April 2014, Volume 44, Issue 02
- 239-259 Correct Voting Across Thirty-Three Democracies: A Preliminary Analysis
by Lau, Richard R. & Patel, Parina & Fahmy, Dalia F. & Kaufman, Robert R.
- 261-286 Understanding Parties’ Policy Shifts in Western Europe: The Role of Valence, 1976–2003
by Clark, Michael
- 287-299 Predictably Unpredictable: The Effects of Conflict Involvement on the Error Variance of Vote Models
by Williams, Laron K. & Brule, David J.
- 301-321 Legislative Effects of Electoral Mandates
by Olivella, Santiago & Tavits, Margit
- 323-355 Legitimacy and Compliance with International Law: Access to Detainees in Civil Conflicts, 1991–2006
by Jo, Hyeran & Thomson, Catarina P.
- 357-380 Does Peacekeeping Work? A Disaggregated Analysis of Deployment and Violence Reduction in the Bosnian War
by Costalli, Stefano
- 381-408 State Strategies in Multi-Ethnic Territories: Explaining Variation in the Former Soviet Union and Eastern Bloc
by Daly, Sarah Zukerman
- 409-444 The Logic of Pro-Poor Policymaking: Political Entrepreneurship and Mass Education
by Kosack, Stephen
- 445-459 Determinants of Upper-Class Dominance in the Heavenly Chorus: Lessons from European Union Online Consultations
by Rasmussen, Anne & Carroll, Brendan J.
- 460-475 The Insider–Outsider Dilemma
by Lindvall, Johannes & Rueda, David
January 2014, Volume 44, Issue 01
- 1-27 The Ties that Bind: A Network Analysis of Human Rights International Nongovernmental Organizations
by Murdie, Amanda
- 29-39 Portfolio Allocation and the Vote of No Confidence
by Golder, Sona N. & Thomas, Jacquelyn A.
- 41-59 Social Capital and Voter Turnout: Evidence from Saint's Day Fiestas in Mexico
by Atkinson, Matthew D. & Fowler, Anthony
- 61-82 Must Europe Be Swiss? On the Idea of a Voting Space and the Possibility of a Multilingual Demos
by Lacey, Joseph
- 83-106 Elections, Uncertainty and Irreversible Investment
by Canes-Wrone, Brandice & Park, Jee-Kwang
- 107-121 What's the Risk? Bilateral Investment Treaties, Political Risk and Fixed Capital Accumulation
by Kerner, Andrew & Lawrence, Jane
- 123-147 Revisiting Electoral Volatility in Post-Communist Countries: New Data, New Results and New Approaches
by Powell, Eleanor Neff & Tucker, Joshua A.
- 149-179 When Do Governments Resort to Election Violence?
by Hafner-Burton, Emilie M. & Hyde, Susan D. & Jablonski, Ryan S.
- 181-204 Electoral Institutions and the Emergence of Terrorist Groups
by Aksoy, Deniz & Carter, David B.
- 205-238 When and Whom to Join: The Expansion of Ongoing Violent Interstate Conflicts
by Joyce, Kyle A. & Ghosn, Faten & Bayer, Reşat
October 2013, Volume 43, Issue 04
- 719-739 Auntie Knows Best? Public Broadcasters and Current Affairs Knowledge
by Soroka, Stuart & Andrew, Blake & Aalberg, Toril & Iyengar, Shanto & Curran, James & Coen, Sharon & Hayashi, Kaori & Jones, Paul & Mazzoleni, Gianpetro & Woong Rhee, June & Rowe, David & Tiffen, Rod
- 741-773 Public Policy Investment: Risk and Return in British Politics
by Bertelli, Anthony M. & John, Peter
- 775-797 Pluralism about Global Poverty
by Rubenstein, Jennifer C.
- 799-820 Political Investment: Remittances and Elections
by O'Mahony, Angela
- 821-843 Leader Survival and Natural Disasters
by Quiroz Flores, Alejandro & Smith, Alastair
- 845-875 Testing Models of Distributive Politics using Exit Polls to Measure Voters’ Preferences and Partisanship
by Larcinese, Valentino & Snyder, James M. & Testa, Cecilia
- 877-887 Dangerous Neighbours, Regional Territorial Conflict and the Democratic Peace
by Gibler, Douglas M. & Braithwaite, Alex
- 889-914 Ethnicity on the Sleeve and Class in the Heart
by Corstange, Daniel
- 915-936 Atoms for Terror? Nuclear Programs and Non-Catastrophic Nuclear and Radiological Terrorism
by Early, Bryan R. & Fuhrmann, Matthew & Li, Quan
- 937-944 Sorting Out Mechanical and Psychological Effects in Candidate Elections: An Appraisal with Experimental Data
by Van der Straeten, Karine & Sauger, Nicolas & Laslier, Jean-François & Blais, André
July 2013, Volume 43, Issue 03
- 481-504 Coalition Building and Consensus in the Council of the European Union
by Häge, Frank M.
- 505-540 Governance Indicators and the Level of Analysis Problem: Empirical Findings from South America
by Gingerich, Daniel W.
- 541-557 There Can Be No Compromise: Institutional Inclusiveness, Fractionalization and Domestic Terrorism
by Foster, Dennis M. & Braithwaite, Alex & Sobek, David
- 559-577 Repression Hurts: Coercive Government Responses and the Demise of Terrorist Campaigns
by Daxecker, Ursula E. & Hess, Michael L.
- 579-599 To Become a Confucian Democratic Citizen: Against Meritocratic Elitism
by Kim, Sungmoon
- 601-628 Keeping Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Information Networks in Legislative Politics
by Ringe, Nils & Victor, Jennifer Nicoll & Gross, Justin H.
- 629-650 Explaining Policy Position Choice of Europarties: The Effect of Legislative Resources
by Klüver, Heike & Rodon, Toni
- 651-672 When Is the Pen Truly Mighty? Regime Type and the Efficacy of Naming and Shaming in Curbing Human Rights Abuses
by Hendrix, Cullen S. & Wong, Wendy H.
- 673-701 The Diffusion of Policy Diffusion Research in Political Science
by Graham, Erin R. & Shipan, Charles R. & Volden, Craig
- 703-716 The Decisions and Ideal Points of British Law Lords
by Hanretty, Chris
- 717-717 There Can Be No Compromise: Institutional Inclusiveness, Fractionalization and Domestic Terrorism – CORRIGENDUM
by Foster, Dennis M. & Braithwaite, Alex & Sobek, David
April 2013, Volume 43, Issue 02
- 241-261 The Compleat Economic Voter: New Theory and British Evidence
by Lewis-Beck, Michael S. & Nadeau, Richard & Foucault, Martial
- 263-293 Gordon Unbound: The Heresthetic of Central Bank Independence in Britain
by Dellepiane-Avellaneda, Sebastian
- 295-322 Making a Difference: Political Efficacy and Policy Preference Construction
by Sulitzeanu-Kenan, Raanan & Halperin, Eran
- 323-343 Three Worlds of Social Insurance: On the Validity of Esping-Andersen's Welfare Regime Dimensions
by van der Veen, Robert Jan & van der Brug, Wouter
- 345-373 Information and Ethnic Politics in Africa
by Conroy-Krutz, Jeffrey
- 375-397 Religion and Support for Democracy: A Cross-National Test of the Mediating Mechanisms
by Ben-Nun Bloom, Pazit & Arikan, Gizem
- 399-423 On the Interpretability of Law: Lessons from the Decoding of National Constitutions
by Melton, James & Elkins, Zachary & Ginsburg, Tom & Leetaru, Kalev