Report NEP-POL-2019-01-21This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Herrade Igersheim & François Durand & Aaron Hamlin & Jean-François Laslier, 2018. "Comparing Voting Methods: 2016 US Presidential Election," PSE Working Papers halshs-01972097, HAL.
- Paola Bertoli & Veronica Grembi, 2018. "The Political Cycle of Road Traffic Accidents," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp633, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Ethan Kaplan & Jörg L. Spenkuch & Haishan Yuan, 2018. "Natural Disasters, Moral Hazard, and Special Interests in Congress," CESifo Working Paper Series 7408, CESifo Group Munich.
- Heléne Berg, 2018. "Is It Worth It? On the Returns to Holding Political Office," CESifo Working Paper Series 7406, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gary W. Cox & Jon H. Fiva & Daniel M. Smith, 2018. "Measuring the Competitiveness of Elections," CESifo Working Paper Series 7418, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ishac Diwan & Irina Vartanova, 2018. "Does Education Indoctrinate? The Effect of Education on Political Preferences In Democracies and Autocracies," Working Papers 1178, Economic Research Forum, revised 12 Apr 2018.
- Cavaillé, Charlotte & Chen, Daniel L. & Van Der Straeten, Karine, 2018. "Towards a General Theory of Survey Response: Likert Scales Vs. Quadratic Voting for Attitudinal Research," IAST Working Papers 18-93, Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse (IAST).
- Alex Armand, Alexander Coutts, Pedro C. Vicente,IneÌ‚s Vilela, 2019. "Does Information Break the Political Resource Curse? Experimental Evidence from Mozambique," NCID Working Papers 01/2019, Navarra Center for International Development, University of Navarra.
- Anthony Heath & Lindsay Richards, 2019. "How do Europeans differ in their attitudes to immigration?: Findings from the European Social Survey 2002/03 – 2016/17," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 222, OECD Publishing.
- Raphael Auer & Barthélémy Bonadio & Andrei A. Levchenko, 2018. "The Economics and Politics of Revoking NAFTA," NBER Working Papers 25379, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ilpo Kauppinen & Panu Poutvaara, 2019. "Preferences for Redistribution and International Migration," ifo Working Paper Series 283, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Ferrara, Andreas & Melander, Eric & Pascali, Luigi, 2018. "Wars, Local Political Institutions, and Fiscal Capacity : Evidence from Six Centuries of German History," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1184, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ash, Elliott & Chen, Daniel L. & Lu, Wei, 2018. "Motivated Reasoning in the Field: Partisanship in Precedent, Prose, Vote, and Retirement in U.S. Circuit Courts, 1800-2013," TSE Working Papers 18-976, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).