The Logic Of Authoritarian Bargains
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lindert Peter H., 1994. "The Rise of Social Spending, 1880-1930," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-37, January.
- Grossman, Herschel I & Kim, Minseong, 1996. "Predation and Accumulation," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 333-350, September.
- Jin, Hehui & Qian, Yingyi & Weingast, Barry R., 2005.
"Regional decentralization and fiscal incentives: Federalism, Chinese style,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1719-1742, September.
- Hehui Jin & Yingyi Qian & Barry Weingast, 1999. "Regional Decentralization and Fiscal Incentives: Federalism, Chinese Style," Working Papers 99013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Herschel I & Kim, Minseong, 1995. "Swords or Plowshares? A Theory of the Security of Claims to Property," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1275-1288, December.
- Albert Alesina & Stephan Danninger & Massimo Rostagno, 2001.
"Redistribution Through Public Employment: The Case of Italy,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(3), pages 1-2.
- Stephan Danninger & Alberto Alesina & Massimo V. Rostagno, 1999. "Redistribution Through Public Employment; The Case of Italy," IMF Working Papers 99/177, International Monetary Fund.
- Alberto Alesina & Stephan Danninger & Massimo Rostagno, 1999. "Redistribution Through Public Employment: The Case of Italy," NBER Working Papers 7387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer Gandhi & Adam Przeworski, 2006. "Cooperation, Cooptation, And Rebellion Under Dictatorships," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Nathaniel Beck, 2001. "Time-series-cross-section Data," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 55(2), pages 111-133.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 2001. "Inefficient Redistribution," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 95(03), pages 649-661, September.
- Bueno De Mesquita, Bruce & Morrow, James D. & Siverson, Randolph M. & Smith, Alastair, 2002. "Political Institutions, Policy Choice and the Survival of Leaders," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(04), pages 559-590, October.
- Wintrobe,Ronald, 1998. "The Political Economy of Dictatorship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521583299, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:89:y:1995:i:04:p:882-897_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2004. "Unlocking the Employment Potential in the Middle East and North Africa : Toward a New Social Contract," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15011.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:989-1007 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rougier, Eric, 2016.
"“Fire in Cairo”: Authoritarian–Redistributive Social Contracts, Structural Change, and the Arab Spring,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 148-171.
- Eric ROUGIER, 2014. "Fire in Cairo: Authoritarian-redistributive social contracts, structural change and the Arab spring," Cahiers du GREThA 2014-22, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Ishac Diwan, 2012. "A Rational Framework for the Understanding of the Arab Revolutions," CID Working Papers 237, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Grigoriadis, Theocharis, 2016. "Religious origins of democracy & dictatorship," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 785-809.
- Martin Gassebner & Michael J. Lamla & James Raymond Vreeland, 2013. "Extreme Bounds of Democracy," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 57(2), pages 171-197, April.
- repec:bla:etrans:v:25:y:2017:i:2:p:351-373 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jcecon:v:45:y:2017:i:2:p:410-428 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:28049 is not listed on IDEAS
- Magda Kandil & Nazire Nergiz Dincer, 2008.
"A comparative analysis of exchange rate fluctuations and economic activity: The cases of Egypt and Turkey,"
International Journal of Development Issues,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 136-159, October.
- Magda Kandil & Nazire Nergiz Dincer, 2007. "A Comparative Analysis of Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Economic Activity: The Cases of Egypt and Turkey," Working Papers 722, Economic Research Forum, revised 01 Jan 2007.
- Ibrahim Elbadawi & Samir Makdisi, 2013. "Understanding Democratic Transitions in The Arab World," Working Papers 765, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2013.
- Gehlbach, Scott & Keefer, Philip, 2011. "Investment without democracy: Ruling-party institutionalization and credible commitment in autocracies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 123-139, June.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 2017.
"Religious co-option in autocracy: A theory inspired by history,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 395-412.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 2016. "Religious Co-option in Autocracy: A Theory Inspired by History," TSE Working Papers 16-746, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Barbara Krug & Alexander Libman, 2015. "Commitment to local autonomy in non-democracies: Russia and China compared," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 221-245, June.
- Marcus Marktanner & Luc P. Noiset, 2013. "Food Price Crisis, Poverty, and Inequality," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 51(3), pages 303-320, September.
- Israel Marques & Eugenia Nazrullaeva & Andrei Yakovlev, 2011. "From Competition to Dominance: Political Determinations of Federal Transfers in Russian Federation," HSE Working papers WP BRP 12/EC/2011, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Steffen Hertog, 2016. "Is There an Arab Variety of Capitalism?," Working Papers 1068, Economic Research Forum, revised 12 Jun 2016.
- Székely-Doby, András, 2016.
"Járadékteremtés és az áldemokráciák
[Rent creation and pseudo-democracies]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(5), pages 501-523.
- Breyel, Corinna & Grigoriadis, Theocharis, 2016. "Foreign agents? Natural resources & the political economy of civil society," Discussion Papers 2016/18, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Ishac Diwan, 2013. "Who are the Democrats? Leading Opinions in the Wake of Egypt’s 2011 Popular Uprisings," CID Working Papers 256, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecopol:v:21:y:2009:i:1:p:93-125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0954-1985 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.