Raj M. Desai
|Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service Georgetown University 3700 O Street, NW Washington, DC 20057 USA|
(75%) Georgetown University / School of Foreign Servicehttp://www.georgetown.edu/sfs
(24%) Brookings InstitutionWashington, District of Columbia (United States)
1775 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20036-2188
RePEc:edi:brookus (more details at EDIRC)
(1%) The Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics (SITE) Stockholm, Sweden
Handelshögskolan i Stockholm
: (+46 8) 736 9670
(+46 8) 31 64 22
Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm
RePEc:edi:sihhsse (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Books
- Olofsgård, Anders & Joshi, Shareen & Desai, Raj M, 2016. "Can the Poor Be Mobilized? Cooperation and Public Goods in Rural India," SITE Working Paper Series 40, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics.
- Raj M. Desai & Nita Rudra, 2016. "Trade, poverty, and social protection in developing countries," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2016-139, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Homi Kharas & Raj M. Desai, 2015. "Do Philanthropic Citizens Behave Like Governments? Internet-Based Platforms and the Diffusion of International Private Aid," Working Papers id:7326, eSocialSciences.
- Desai, Raj M. & Joshi, Shareen, 2013.
"Collective action and community development : evidence from self-help groups in rural India,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6547, The World Bank.
- Raj M. Desai & Shareen Joshi, 2014. "Collective Action and Community Development: Evidence from Self-Help Groups in Rural India," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 28(3), pages 492-524.
- Desai, Raj M.; Joshi, Shareen;, 2012. "Scaling up in agriculture, rural development, and nutrition: SEWA: supporting village-level organization to improve rural livelihoods:," 2020 vision briefs 19(14), International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Raj M. Desai & Lev M. Freinkman & Itzhak Goldberg, 2003. "Fiscal federalism and regional growth : evidence from the Russian Federation in the 1990s," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3138, The World Bank.
- Desai, Raj M. & Goldberg, Itzhak, 2000. "The vicious circles of control - regional governments and insiders in privatized Russian enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2287, The World Bank.
- Denizer, Cevdet & Desai, Raj M. & Gueorguiev, Nikolay, 1998. "The political economy of financial repression in transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2030, The World Bank.
- Raj M. Desai & Shareen Joshi, 2014.
"Collective Action and Community Development: Evidence from Self-Help Groups in Rural India,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 28(3), pages 492-524.
- Desai, Raj M. & Joshi, Shareen, 2013. "Collective action and community development : evidence from self-help groups in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6547, The World Bank.
- Raj M. Desai & Shareen Joshi, 2014. "Can Producer Associations Improve Rural Livelihoods? Evidence from Farmer Centres in India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(1), pages 64-80, January.
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgård, Anders, 2011. "The Costs of Political Influence: Firm-Level Evidence From Developing Countries," Quarterly Journal of Political Science, now publishers, vol. 6(2), pages 137-178, September.
- Raj M. Desai & Anders Olofsgård & Tarik M. Yousef, 2009. "The Logic Of Authoritarian Bargains," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 93-125, March.
- Cevdet Denizer & Raj M Desai & Nikolay Gueorguiev, 2006. "Political Competition and Financial Reform in Transition Economies1," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 48(4), pages 563-582, December.
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgard, Anders, 2006. "The political advantage of soft budget constraints," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 370-387, June.
- Raj M. Desai & Anders Olofsgård, 2006. "Political Constraints and Public Support for Market Reform," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 53(si), pages 1-5.
- Raj M. Desai & Anders Olofsgård, 2006. "Constitutionalism and credibility in reforming economies1," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(3), pages 479-504, July.
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgard, Anders & Yousef, Tarik M., 2005. "Inflation and inequality: does political structure matter?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 41-46, April.
- Desai, Raj M. & Freinkman, Lev & Goldberg, Itzhak, 2005. "Fiscal federalism in rentier regions: Evidence from Russia," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 814-834, December.
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgã…Rd, Anders & Yousef, Tarik M., 2003. "Democracy, Inequality, and Inflation," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 97(3), pages 391-406, August.
- Desai, Raj M., 2003. "Embedded Politics: Industrial Networks and Institutional Change in Postcommunism: McDermott, G.A., University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, MI, 2002, 295 pp., US$ 65 (cloth), US$ 24.95 (paper)," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 415-418, December.
- Cevdet Denizer & Ray M. Desai & Nikolay Gueorguiev, 2000. "Financial Liberalization and Financial Repression in Formerly Socialist Economies," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 50(1), pages 17-39, January.
- Amin, Magdi & Assaad, Ragui & al-Baharna, Nazar & Dervis, Kemal & Desai, Raj M. & Dhillon, Navtej S. & Galal, Ahmed & Ghanem, Hafez & Graham, Carol & Kaufmann, Daniel, 2012. "After the Spring: Economic Transitions in the Arab World," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199924929.
- Clay Wescott & Raj Desai & Antti Talvitie, 2011. "Azerbaijan," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 26677.
- Clay Wescott & Raj Desai, 2011. "Moldova," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 26682.
- Navin Girishankar & David DeGroot & Raj Desai & Susan Stout & Clay Wescott, 2011. "Cambodia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 26683.
- Raj M. Desai & Itzhak Goldberg, 2008. "Can Russia Complete?," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15816.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 3 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
- NEP-AGR: Agricultural Economics (1) 2013-08-05
- NEP-CDM: Collective Decision-Making (1) 2013-08-05
- NEP-DEV: Development (1) 2013-08-05
- NEP-INT: International Trade (1) 2016-12-18
- NEP-MFD: Microfinance (1) 2013-08-05
- NEP-POL: Positive Political Economics (1) 2004-08-16
- NEP-SOC: Social Norms & Social Capital (1) 2013-08-05
- NEP-TRA: Transition Economics (1) 2004-09-12
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Raj M. Desai should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.