April 2022, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 141-181 Policing Ethnicity: Lab-in-the-Field Evidence on Discrimination, Cooperation, and Ethnic Balancing in the Liberian National Police
by Robert A. Blair & Sabrina M. Karim & Michael J. Gilligan & Kyle Beardsley
- 183-221 Strategic Civil War Aims and the Resource Curse
by Jack Paine
- 223-257 The Unintended Effects of Bottom-Up Accountability: Evidence from a Field Experiment in Peru
by Renard Sexton
- 259-281 Can the Political Ambition of Young Women Be Increased? Evidence from U.S. High School Students
by Joshua Kalla & Ethan Porter
- 283-315 Accountability and Inclusion in Customary Institutions: Evidence from a Village-Level Experiment in Zimbabwe
by Kate Baldwin & Shylock Muyengwa & Eric Mvukiyehe
January 2022, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-30 A Theory of Power Wars
by Helios Herrera & Massimo Morelli & Salvatore Nunnari
- 31-59 Third-Party Intervention and Strategic Militarization
by Adam Meirowitz & Massimo Morelli & Kristopher W. Ramsay & Francesco Squintani
- 61-89 Coordination and Innovation in Judiciaries: Correct Law versus Consistent Law
by Mehdi Shadmehr & Sepehr Shahshahani & Charles Cameron
- 91-119 Parents, Infants, and Voter Turnout: Evidence from the United States
by Angela Cools
- 121-139 Transparency and Stability
by Mehdi Shadmehr & Dan Bernhardt
October 2021, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 387-427 "Leakage" in International Regulatory Regimes: Did the OECD Anti-bribery Convention Increase Bribery?
by Terrence L. Chapman & Nathan M. Jensen & Edmund J. Malesky & Scott Wolford
- 429-465 Contemporary U.S. Policymaking
by David P. Baron
- 467-503 Lobbying, Inside and Out: How Special Interest Groups Influence Policy Choices
by Stephane Wolton
- 505-532 Do Newspapers Benefit Incumbents? Evidence from Denmark 1849â€“1915
by Alexander Fouirnaies
- 533-557 Friends Don't Let Friends Free Ride
by Nicholas Eubank & Dorothy Kronick
July 2021, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 245-264 Protest Puzzles: Tullock's Paradox, Hong Kong Experiment, and the Strength of Weak States
by Mehdi Shadmehr
- 265-284 Viral Voting: Social Networks and Political Participation
by Nicholas Eubank & Guy Grossman & Melina R. Platas & Jonathan Rodden
- 285-323 Political Corruption Cycles in Democracies and Autocracies: Evidence from Micro-data on Extortion in West Africa
by Jasper Cooper
- 325-358 Party Bans: Deterrence or Backlash? Evidence from the Basque Country
by Andreu Arenas
- 359-386 Insights from the Blinderâ€“Oaxaca Decomposition on Polarization in the US Senate
by Daniel M. Butler
February 2021, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 139-155 Polarized Extremes and the Confused Centre: Campaign Targeting of Voters with Correlation Neglect
by Levy, Gilat & Moreno de Barreda, InÃ©s & Razin, Ronny
- 157-183 Optimal Size of Rebellions: Trade-off Between Large Group and Maintaining Secrecy
by Zhou, Congyi
- 185-213 Local Representation and Voter Mobilization in Closed-list Proportional Representation Systems
by Fiva, Jon H. & Halse, Askill H. & Smith, Daniel M.
- 215-244 Presidents and the Status Quo
by Lowande, Kenneth
January 2021, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-33 Does the Media Cover the Economy Accurately? An Analysis of Sixteen Developed Democracies
by Kayser, Mark A. & Peress, Michael
- 35-69 Do Reelection Incentives Improve Policy Implementation? Accountability versus Political Targeting
by Frey, Anderson
- 71-104 Trumping Hate on Twitter? Online Hate Speech in the 2016 U.S. Election Campaign and its Aftermath
by Siegel, Alexandra A. & Nikitin, Evgenii & BarberÃ¡, Pablo & Sterling, Joanna & Pullen, Bethany & Bonneau, Richard & Nagler, Jonathan & Tucker, Joshua A.
- 105-137 A Model of Interest Group Influence and Campaign Advertising
by Desai, Zuheir & Duggan, John
October 2020, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 449-481 Meetings, Comments, and the Distributive Politics of Rulemaking
by Libgober, Brian
- 483-506 The Direct Primary and the Incumbency Advantage in the US House of Representatives
by Olson, Michael P.
- 507-538 Quitting in Protest: Presidential Policymaking and Civil Service Response
by Cameron, Charles M. & de Figueiredo, John M.
- 539-577 The Mechanisms of Direct and Indirect Rule: Colonialism and Economic Development in Africa
by Letsa, Natalie Wenzell & Wilfahrt, Martha
July 2020, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 297-335 A Model of Protests, Revolution, and Information
by Barbera, Salvador & Jackson, Matthew O.
- 337-367 Political Identity and Trust
by HernÃ¡ndez-Lagos, Pablo & Minor, Dylan
- 369-400 Rational Quagmires: Attrition, Learning, and War
by Krainin, Colin & Thomas, Caroline & Wiseman, Thomas
- 401-447 Class versus Identity: Candidates' Race and the Inequalityâ€“Redistribution Nexus
by Matakos, Konstantinos & Xefteris, Dimitrios
April 2020, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 141-179 Partisan Intoxication or Policy Voting?
by Fowler, Anthony
- 181-212 Sobering up after "Partisan Intoxication or Policy Voting?"
by Rogers, Steven
- 213-219 Defending Sober Voters against Sensationalist Scholars: A Reply to Rogers
by Fowler, Anthony
- 221-253 Parents, Peers, and Politics: The Long-term Effects of Vertical Social Ties
by Aggeborn, Linuz & Lajevardi, Nazita & Lindgren,Karl-Oskar & Nyman, PÃ¤r & Oskarsson, Sven
- 255-295 Does Equalizing Assets Spur Development? Evidence From Large-Scale Land Reform in Peru
by Albertus, Michael & Popescu, Bogdan G.
January 2020, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 3-31 When Polarization Trumps Civic Virtue: Partisan Conflict and the Subversion of Democracy by Incumbents
by Svolik, Milan W.
- 33-71 How Cross-Cutting Discussion Shapes Support for Ethnic Politics: Evidence from an Experiment in Lebanon
by Paler, Laura & Marshall, Leslie & Atallah, Sami
- 73-104 An Informational Theory of Electoral Targeting in Young Clientelistic Democracies: Evidence from Senegal
by Gottlieb, Jessica & Larreguy, Horacio
- 105-139 Candidate Elimination in Competitive Autocracies
by Ma, Shichao
October 2019, Volume 14, Issue 4
- 349-381 Princelings in the Private Sector: The Value of Nepotism
by Szakonyi, David
- 383-400 The Impact of Medicaid Expansion on Voter Participation: Evidence from the Oregon Health Insurance Experiment
by Baicker, Katherine & Finkelstein, Amy
- 401-437 Voter Response to Hispanic Sounding Names: Evidence from Down-Ballot Statewide Elections
by Barth, Suzanne K. & Mittag, Nikolas & Park, Kyung H.
- 439-474 Presidential Selection of Supreme Court Nominees: The Characteristics Approach
by Cameron, Charles M. & Kastellec, Jonathan P. & Mattioli, Lauren A.
July 2019, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 259-291 The Economic Effects of Electoral Rules: Evidence from Unemployment Benefits
by Galasso, Vincenzo & Nunnari, Salvatore
- 293-311 Reputation Identifying the Effect of Political Rumor Diffusion Using Variations in Survey Timing
by Kim, Jin Woo & Kim, Eunji
- 313-328 Trumped by Race: Explanations for Race's Influence on Whites' Votes in 2016
by Engelhardt, Andrew M.
- 329-347 Border Walls and Smuggling Spillovers
by Getmansky, Anna & Grossman, Guy & Wright, Austin L.
April 2019, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 131-157 Reputation Effects and Incumbency (Dis)Advantage
by Kartik, Navin & Van Weelden, Richard
- 159-190 A Behavioral Foundation for Audience Costs
by Acharya, Avidit & Grillo Edoardo
- 191-223 Reevaluating Competition and Turnout in U.S. House Elections
by Moskowitz, Daniel J. & Schneer, Benjamin
- 225-258 Signaling Policy Intentions in Fundraising Contests
by Kenkel, Brenton
January 2019, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-39 Social Networks and the Political Salience of Ethnicity
by Eubank, Nicholas
- 41-88 Political Awareness, Microtargeting of Voters, and Negative Electoral Campaigning
by Schipper, Burkhard C. & Woo, Hee Yeul
- 89-114 The Evolution of National Constitutions
by Eubank, Nicholas
- 115-130 How Private Politics Alters Legislative Responsiveness
by Druckman, James N. & Valdes, Julia
October 2018, Volume 13, Issue 4
- 333-361 Political Loyalty and Leader Health
by de Mesquita, Bruce Bueno & Smith, Alastair
- 363-404 Democratic Reform and Opposition to Government Expenditure: Evidence from Nineteenth-Century Britain
by Chapman, Jonathan
- 405-426 The Print Media and the American Party System: Evidence from the 2016 US Presidential Election
by Olson, Michael P.
- 427-462 Uncontested Primaries: Causes and Consequences
by Crutzen, Benoit S. Y. & Sahuguet, Nicolas
May 2018, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 119-146 The Politicianâ€™s Province
by Howell, William G. & Wolton, Stephane
- 173-206 Is Divided Government a Cause of Legislative Delay?
by Kirkland, Patricia A. & Phillips, Justin H.
- 173-206 Terrorism, Wealth, and Delegation
by Kirkland, Patricia A. & Phillips, Justin H.
- 207-236 Ideological Extremists in the U.S. Congress: Out of Step but Still in Office
by Bonica, Adam & Cox, Gary W.
March 2018, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-28 Strategies of Election Rigging: Trade-Offs, Determinants, and Consequences
by Luo, Zhaotian & Rozenas, Arturas
- 29-57 Something for Something: How and Why Direct Democracy Impacts Service Quality
by Sances, Michael W.
- 59-87 The Long-lasting Effects of Newspaper Op-Eds on Public Opinion
by Coppock, Alexander & Ekins, Emily & Kirby, David
- 89-117 Can You Hear Me Now? How Communication Technology Affects Protest and Repression
by Christensen, Darin & Garfias, Francisco
December 2017, Volume 12, Issue 4
- 375-404 Order, Distance, and Local Development over the Long-Run
by Pierskalla, Jan & Schultz, Anna & Wibbels, Erik
- 405-436 Sovereignty, Law, and Finance: Evidence from American Indian Reservations
by Wellhausen, Rachel L.
- 437-477 Reducing or Reinforcing In-Group Preferences? An Experiment on Information and Ethnic Voting
by Adida, Claire & Gottlieb, Jessica & Kramon, Eric & McClendon, Gwyneth
- 479-505 Choice vs. Action: Candidate Ambiguity and Voter Decision Making
by Krupnikov, Yanna & Ryan, John Barry
October 2017, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 269-300 The Majority-Party Disadvantage: Revising Theories of Legislative Organization
by Feigenbaum, James J. & Fouirnaies, Alexander & Hall, Andrew B.
- 301-323 When Can Citizen Communication Hinder Successful Revolution?
by Shadmehr, Mehdi & Bernhardt, Dan
- 325-346 Proportional Payoffs in Legislative Bargaining with Weighted Voting: A Characterization
by Montero, Maria
- 347-373 Labor Market Competition with Immigrants and Political Polarization
by Finseraas, Henning & Roed, Marianne & Schone, Pal
September 2017, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 143-183 Escape Through Export? Women-Owned Enterprises, Domestic Discrimination, and Global Markets
by Osgood, Iain & Peters, Margaret
- 185-204 Testing Models of Unequal Representation: Democratic Populists and Republican Oligarchs?
by Rhodes, Jesse H. & Schaffner, Brian F.
- 205-239 An Econometric Evaluation of Competing Explanations for the Midterm Gap
by Knight, Brian
- 241-268 Showing Off: Promise and Peril in Unilateral Policymaking
by Judd, Gleason
May 2017, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-35 The National Effects of Subnational Representation: Access to Regional Parliaments and National Electoral Performance
by Dinas, Elias & Foos, Florian
- 37-57 Assessing the Breadth of Framing Effects
by Hopkins, Daniel J. & Mummolo, Jonathan
- 59-97 Durable Policy, Political Accountability, and Active Waste
by Callander, Steven & Raiha, Davin
- 99-141 Natural Disasters and Political Engagement: Evidence from the 2010-11 Pakistani Floods
by Fair, C. Christine & Kuhn, Patrick M. & Malhotra, Neil & Shapiro, Jacob N.
February 2017, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 363-383 Economic Behavior and the Partisan Perceptual Screen
by McGrath, Mary C.
- 385-439 The Altruistic Rich? Inequality and Other-Regarding Preferences for Redistribution
by Dimick, Matthew & Rueda, David & Stegmueller, Daniel
- 441-470 Does Local Ethnic Segregation Lead to Violence?: Evidence from Kenya
by Kasara, Kimuli
- 471-501 Confirmation Bias and Electoral Accountability
by Lockwood, Ben
October 2016, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 249-277 Do Parties Matter for Ethnic Violence? Evidence From India
by Nellis, Gareth & Weaver, Michael & Rosenzweig, Steven C.
- 279-312 Collusion, Blackmail and Whistle-Blowing
by Felli, Leonardo & Hortala-Vallve, Rafael
- 313-338 What Explains Incumbent Success? Disentangling Selection on Party, Selection on Candidate Characteristics, and Office-Holding Benefits
by Fowler, Anthony
- 339-361 When a Null Pocketbook Effect is the Artifact: Strategically Underreported Income and the Attenuation of Egotropic Voting
by Carlson, Elizabeth & Fidalgo, Amanda
July 2016, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 151-181 Family and Politics: Dynastic Persistence in the Philippines
by Querubin, Pablo
- 183-217 Does Foreign Aid Harm Political Rights? Evidence from U.S. Aid
by Ahmed, Faisal Z.
- 219-248 Gender Inequalities in Campaign Finance
by Barber, Michael & Butler, Daniel M. & Preece, Jessica
December 2015, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 433-459 Information and Wasted Votes: A Study of U.S. Primary Elections
by Hall, Andrew B. & Snyder, Jr., James M.
- 461-487 Institution of Nomination and the Policy Ideology of Primary Electorates
by Hill, Seth J.
- 489-518 You Cannot be Serious: The Impact of Accuracy Incentives on Partisan Bias in Reports of Economic Perceptions
by Prior, Markus & Sood, Gaurav & Khanna, Kabir
- 519-578 Partisan Bias in Factual Beliefs about Politics
by Bullock, John G. & Gerber, Alan S. & Hill, Seth J. & Huber, Gregory A.
September 2015, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 275-320 Fair Play in Assemblies
by Gibilisco, Michael
- 321-355 Does Polarisation of Opinions Lead to Polarisation of Platforms? The Case of Correlation Neglect
by Levy, Gilat & Razin, Ronny
- 357-390 Increasing Leverage: Judicial Review as a Democracy-Enhancing Institution
by Almendares, Nicholas & Le Bihan, Patrick
- 391-432 Targeting Political Advertising on Television
by Lovett, Mitchell & Peress, Michael
June 2015, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 121-122 Editorsâ€™ Welcome
by Ashworth, Scott & Clinton, Joshua D.
- 123-153 Gender Roles, Work-Life Balance, and Running for Office
by Silbermann, Rachel
- 155-186 Aid and the Rise and Fall of Conflict in the Muslim World
by Ahmed, Faisal Z. & Werker, Eric D.
- 187-220 Useless Prevention vs. Costly Remediation
by Forand, Jean Guillaume
- 221-273 From Mercantilism to Free Trade: A History of Fiscal Capacity Building
by Queralt, Didac
May 2015, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-3 From the Editors in Chief: Parting Words and Wishes
by Krehbiel, Keith & McCarty, Nolan
- 5-40 Senate Gate-Keeping, Presidential Staffing of "Inferior Offices," and the Ideological Composition of Appointments to the Public Bureaucracy
by Bonica, Adam & Jowei, Chen & Tim, Johnson
- 41-100 The Politics of the Restoration of Ex-Felon Voting Rights: The Case of Iowa
by Marc, Meredith & Michael, Morse
- 101-119 Using Regression Discontinuity to Uncover the Personal Incumbency Advantage
by Erikson, Robert S. & Titiunik, Rocío
December 2014, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 407-439 Multilateral War Bargaining
by Krainin, Colin
- 441-472 Partisanship and Electoral Accountability: Evidence from the UK Expenses Scandal
by Eggers, Andrew C.
- 473-500 Primary Elections and the Quality of Elected Officials
by Hirano, Shigeo & Snyder, James M.
- 501-531 Disentangling the Personal and Partisan Incumbency Advantages: Evidence from Close Elections and Term Limits
by Fowler, Anthony & Hall, Andrew B.
September 2014, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 269-300 Brokered Politics in Brazil: An Empirical Analysis
by Gingerich, Daniel W.
- 301-335 Institutional Design and the Attribution of Presidential Control: Insulating the President from Blame
by Ruder, Alex I.
- 337-370 Guarding the Guardians: Legislative Self-Policing and Electoral Corruption in Victorian Britain
by Eggers, Andrew C. & Spirling, Arthur
- 371-406 Indigenous Origins of Colonial Institutions
by Arias, Luz Marina & Girod, Desha M.
June 2014, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 137-167 Group Identity and Symbolic Political Behavior
by Schnakenberg, Keith E.
- 169-202 Political Capital: Corporate Connections and Stock Investments in the U.S. Congress, 2004-2008
by Eggers, Andrew C. & Hainmueller, Jens
- 203-230 Ingroup Bias in Official Behavior: A National Field Experiment in China
by Distelhorst, Greg & Hou, Yue
- 231-267 Self-Regulation in Private and Public Politics
by Baron, David P.
March 2014, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-44 Do Selection Rules Affect Leader Responsiveness? Evidence from Rural Uganda
by Grossman, Guy
- 45-86 Designing Checks and Balances
by Dragu, Tiberiu & Fan, Xiaochen & Kuklinski, James
- 87-114 Doing Well by Doing Good: The Impact of Foreign Aid on Foreign Public Opinion
by Goldsmith, Benjamin E. & Horiuchi, Yusaku & Wood, Terence
- 115-135 The Consequences of Broader Media Choice: Evidence from the Expansion of Fox News
by Hopkins, Daniel J. & Ladd, Jonathan M.
October 2013, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 339-371 Electoral Rules and Clientelistic Parties: A Regression Discontinuity Approach
by Pellicer, Miquel & Wegner, Eva
- 373-408 The Political Economy of the Subprime Mortgage Credit Expansion
by Mian, Atif & Sufi, Amir & Trebbi, Francesco
- 409-450 The Control of Politicians in Normal Times and Times of Crisis: Wealth Accumulation by U.S. Congressmen, 1850–1880
by Querubin, Pablo & Snyder, James M.
- 451-464 Presidential Prospects, Political Support, and Stock Market Performance
by Gaikwad, Nikhar
June 2013, Volume 8, Issue 3
- 205-237 Who Decides? Coalition Governance and Ministerial Discretion
by Goodhart, Lucy
- 239-269 Unintentional Gerrymandering: Political Geography and Electoral Bias in Legislatures
by Chen, Jowei & Rodden, Jonathan
- 271-303 Equality of Educational Opportunity and Attitudes toward Income Inequality: Evidence from China
by Lü, Xiaobo
- 305-337 Fundamentals of Social Choice Theory
by Myerson, Roger B.
February 2013, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 127-158 Regularizing Rioting: Permitting Public Protest in an Authoritarian Regime
by Lorentzen, Peter L.
- 159-182 Electoral and Policy Consequences of Voter Turnout: Evidence from Compulsory Voting in Australia
by Fowler, Anthony
April 2013, Volume 8, Issue 2
- 95-125 Safety in Numbers: Mainstream-Seeking Diffusion in Response to Executive Compensation Regulations
by Glick, David
- 183-203 The Calculus of the Security Dilemma
by Acharya, Avidit & Ramsay, Kristopher W.
January 2013, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-40 The Vicious Cycle: Fundraising and Perceived Viability in US Presidential Primaries
by Feigenbaum, James J. & Shelton, Cameron A.
- 41-74 Federal Directives, Local Discretion and the Majority Rule
by Loeper, Antoine
- 75-92 Legislative Responsiveness to Gerrymandering: Evidence from the 2003 Texas Redistricting
by Lo, James
October 2012, Volume 7, Issue 4
- 333-363 Movers, Stayers, and Registration: Why Age is Correlated with Registration in the U.S
by Ansolabehere, Stephen & Hersh, Eitan & Shepsle, Kenneth
- 365-410 Comparing British and French Colonial Legacies: A Discontinuity Analysis of Cameroon
by Lee, Alexander & Schultz, Kenneth A.
- 411-445 Citizen Perceptions of Government Service Quality: Evidence from Public Schools
by Chingos, Matthew M. & Henderson, Michael & West, Martin R.
- 447-456 What Happens to Incumbents in Scandals?
by Hirano, Shigeo & Snyder, James M.
June 2012, Volume 7, Issue 3
- 209-248 The Election Timing Effect: Evidence from a Policy Intervention in Texas
by Anzia, Sarah F.
- 249-283 Elections, Fraud, and Election Monitoring in the Shadow of Revolution
by Little, Andrew T.
- 285-320 Targeted Government Spending and Political Preferences
by Pop-Eleches, Cristian & Pop-Eleches, Grigore
- 321-332 Emails from Official Sources Can Increase Turnout
by Malhotra, Neil & Michelson, Melissa R. & Valenzuela, Ali Adam
April 2012, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 105-133 The Tea Party Movement and the Geography of Collective Action
by Cho, Wendy K. Tam & Gimpel, James G. & Shaw, Daron R.
- 135-174 The Industrial Organization of Private Politics
by Baron, David P.
- 175-208 Tipping Points
by Lamberson, P. J. & Page, Scott E.
March 2012, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-33 Can Voter ID Laws Be Administered in a Race-Neutral Manner? Evidence from the City of Boston in 2008
by Cobb, Rachael V. & Greiner, D. James & Quinn, Kevin M.
- 35-67 On the (Ir)relevance of Skill Specificity for Social Insurance
by Nickelsburg, Jerry & Timmons, Jeffrey F.
- 69-87 Oil, Islam, Women, and Geography: A Comment on Ross (2008)
by Groh, Matthew & Rothschild, Casey
- 89-103 What's So Special about the Arabian Peninsula? A Reply to Groh and Rothschild
by Ross, Michael L.
November 2011, Volume 6, Issue 3–4
- 197-233 A Regression Discontinuity Test of Strategic Voting and Duverger's Law
by Fujiwara, Thomas
- 235-274 Indirect Lobbying and Media Bias
by Sobbrio, Francesco
- 275-327 Why Do Authoritarian Regimes Sign the Convention Against Torture? Signaling, Domestic Politics and Non-Compliance
by Hollyer, James R. & Rosendorff, B. Peter
- 329-376 The Political Consequences of Franchise Extension: Evidence from the Second Reform Act
by Berlinski, Samuel & Dewan, Torun
September 2011, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 103-135 Election Timing and Public Policy
by Berry, Christopher R. & Gersen, Jacob E.
- 137-178 The Costs of Political Influence: Firm-Level Evidence From Developing Countries
by Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgård, Anders
- 179-196 Generous Legislators? A Description of Vote Trading Agreements
by Hortala-Vallve, Rafael
August 2011, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-53 Pre-electoral Coalitions and Post-election Bargaining
by Bandyopadhyay, Siddhartha & Chatterjee, Kalyan & Sjöström, Tomas
- 55-83 Can Learning Constituency Opinion Affect How Legislators Vote? Results from a Field Experiment
by Butler, Daniel M. & Nickerson, David W.
- 85-102 Shifting Ideologies? Re-examining Media Bias
by Gasper, John T.
June 2011, Volume 5, Issue 4
- 321-337 The Causal Effect of Media-Driven Political Interest on Political Attitudes and Behavior
by Butler, Daniel M. & De La O, Ana L.
- 339-356 Voting Costs and Voter Turnout in Competitive Elections
by Fraga, Bernard & Hersh, Eitan
- 357-370 Categorization-Based Spatial Voting
by Collins, Nathan A.
December 2010, Volume 5, Issue 3
- 209-241 Inequality under Democracy: Explaining the Left Decade in Latin America
by Debs, Alexandre & Helmke, Gretchen
- 243-255 Belief Updating in Sequential Games of Two-Sided Incomplete Information: An Experimental Study of a Crisis Bargaining Model
by Tingley, Dustin H. & Wang, Stephanie W.
- 257-289 A Formulation of Path Dependence with an Empirical Example
by Jackson, John E. & Kollman, Ken
- 291-318 Is Private Campaign Finance a Good Thing? Estimates of the Potential Informational Benefits
by Prat, Andrea & Puglisi, Riccardo & Snyder, James M.
August 2010, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 107-131 The Strategic Use of International Institutions in Dispute Settlement
by Fang, Songying
- 133-167 Popular Control of Public Policy: A Quantitative Approach
by Matsusaka, John G.
- 169-191 Primary Elections and Partisan Polarization in the U.S. Congress
by Hirano, Shigeo & Snyder, James M. & Ansolabehere, Stephen & Hansen, John Mark
- 193-208 Random Events, Economic Losses, and Retrospective Voting: Implications for Democratic Competence
by Healy, Andrew & Malhotra, Neil
April 2010, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-25 Political Information Acquisition for Social Exchange
by Aldashev, Gani
- 27-44 A Measure of Bizarreness
by Chambers, Christopher P. & Miller, Alan D.
- 45-70 Anonymous Procedures for Condorcet's Model: Robustness, Nonmonotonicity, and Optimality
by Chwe, Michael Suk-Young
- 71-97 Democratic Accountability in Open Economies
by Sattler, Thomas & Brandt, Patrick T. & Freeman, John R.
December 2009, Volume 4, Issue 4
- 279-313 Strategic Militarization, Deterrence and Wars
by Jackson, Matthew O. & Morelli, Massimo
- 315-342 The Shape of Things to Come? On the Dynamics of Suicide Attacks and Targeted Killings
by Jaeger, David A. & Paserman, M. Daniele
- 343-378 A Reputational Theory of Two-Party Competition
by Kalandrakis, Tasos
- 379-385 Utility Representations of Risk Neutral Preferences in Multiple Dimensions
by Eguia, Jon X.
October 2009, Volume 4, Issue 3
- 187-209 Persistence in Political Participation
by Meredith, Marc
- 211-228 Economic Shocks and Civil War
by Chassang, Sylvain & Miquel, Gerard PadrÃ³ i
- 229-249 Candidate Faces and Election Outcomes: Is the Face–Vote Correlation Caused by Candidate Selection?
by Atkinson, Matthew D. & Enos, Ryan D. & Hill, Seth J.
- 251-278 Two's Company, Three's an Equilibrium: Strategic Voting and Multicandidate Elections
by Patty, John W. & Snyder, James M. & Ting, Michael M.
July 2009, Volume 4, Issue 2
- 87-101 Congressional Careers, Committee Assignments, and Seniority Randomization in the US House of Representatives
by Kellermann, Michael & Shepsle, Kenneth A.
- 103-128 Vote Buying: Legislatures and Lobbying
by Dekel, Eddie & Jackson, Matthew O. & Wolinsky, Asher
- 153-165 The Effect of Outliers on Regression Analysis: Regime Type and Foreign Direct Investment
by Choi, Seung-Whan