The political economy of financial repression in transition economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pradhan, S., 1996. "Evaluating Public Spending: A Framework for Public Expenditure Reviews," World Bank - Discussion Papers 323, World Bank.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Sachs, Jeffrey D., 1989. "Political and economic determinants of budget deficits in the industrial democracies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 903-933, May.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:88:y:1994:i:04:p:811-828_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roubini, Nouriel & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1995.
"A growth model of inflation, tax evasion, and financial repression,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 275-301, April.
- Roubini, N. & Sala-i-Martin, X., 1992. "A Growth Model of Inflation, Tax Evasion and Financial Repression," Papers 658, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Nouriel Roubini & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1992. "A Growth Model of Inflation, Tax Evasion, and Financial Repression," NBER Working Papers 4062, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bencivenga, Valerie R & Smith, Bruce D, 1992.
"Deficits, Inflation, and the Banking System in Developing Countries: The Optimal Degree of Financial Repression,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(4), pages 767-790, October.
- Bencivenga, V.R. & Smith, B.D., 1990. "Deficits, Inflation, And The Banking System In Developing Countries: The Optimal Degree Of Financial Repression," RCER Working Papers 214, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Nouriel Roubini & Jeffrey Sachs, 1988. "Political and Economic Determinants of Budget Deficits in the IndustrialDemocracies," NBER Working Papers 2682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giovannini, Alberto & de Melo, Martha, 1993. "Government Revenue from Financial Repression," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 953-963, September.
- Buffie, Edward F., 1984. "Financial repression, the new structuralists, and stabilization policy in semi-industrialized economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 305-322, April.
- Luca Barbone & Domenico Marchetti, 1995.
"Transition and the fiscal crisis in Central Europe,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 3(1), pages 59-74, March.
- Luca Barbone & Domenico J. Marchetti, 1995. "Transition and the Fiscal Crisis in Central Europe," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0040, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Easterly, William, 1993. "How much do distortions affect growth?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 187-212, November.
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Vito Tanzi, 1993. "Fiscal Policy and the Economic Restructuring of Economies in Transition," IMF Working Papers 93/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Haggard, Stephan & Webb, Steven B, 1993. "What Do We Know about the Political Economy of Economic Policy Reform?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 8(2), pages 143-168, July.
- Alesina, Alberto & Drazen, Allan, 1991. "Why Are Stabilizations Delayed?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, December.
- Brock, Philip L, 1989. "Reserve Requirements and the Inflation Tax," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(1), pages 106-121, February.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1993. "The Positive Economics of Policy Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 356-361, May.
- Van Wijnbergen, S., 1985. "Macro-economic effects of changes in bank interest rates : Simulation results for South Korea," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 541-554, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kalbe Abbas & Manzoor Hussain Malik, 2008.
"Impact of Financial Liberalisation and Deregulation on Banking Sector in Pakistan,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(3), pages 287-313.
- Kalbe Abbas & Manzoor Hussain Malik, 2010. "Impact of Financial Liberalisation and Deregulation on Banking Sector in Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2010:64, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Kalbe Abbas & Manzoor Hussain Malik, 2010. "Impact of Financial Liberalisation and Deregulation on Banking Sector in Pakistan," Finance Working Papers 23068, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Benjamin E. Diokno, 2008. "The Philippines : Fiscal Behavior In Recent History," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 200804, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Lücke, Matthias & Spinanger, Dean, 2004. "Liberalisierung des internationalen Handels mit Dienstleistungen: Herausforderungen und Chancen für Entwicklungsländer," Kiel Working Papers 1228, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Lücke, Matthias & Spinanger, Dean, 2004. "Liberalizing international trade in services: Challenges and opportunities for developing countries," Kiel Discussion Papers 412, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Swamy, Vighneswara, 2011. "Does Government Intervention in Credit Deployment Cause Inclusive Growth? – An Evidence from Indian Banking," MPRA Paper 48100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harry X. Wu & Esther Y.P. Shea, 2011. "Explaining the China Puzzle: High Growth and Low Volatility in the Absence of Healthy Financial Institutions," EcoMod2011 3509, EcoMod.
- Benjamin E. Diokno, 2007. "Economic and Fiscal Policy Determinants of Public Deficits: The Philippine Case," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 200702, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Benjamin E. Diokno, 2010. "Philippine fiscal behavior in recent history," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 47(1), pages 39-87, June.
- Norkina, O. & Pekarski, S., 2015. "Nonmarket Debt Placement As Financial Repression," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 31-55.
- Olga A. Norkina & Sergey E. Pekarski, 2014. "Optimal Financial Repression," HSE Working papers WP BRP 81/EC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Financial Intermediation; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; National Governance; Financial Intermediation; Banks&Banking Reform; Economic Theory&Research;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi) or (Pavel Petrov). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .