Can the Poor Be Mobilized? Cooperation and Public Goods in Rural India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hainmueller, Jens, 2012. "Entropy Balancing for Causal Effects: A Multivariate Reweighting Method to Produce Balanced Samples in Observational Studies," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 25-46, January.
- Priya Basu, 2006. "Improving Access to Finance for India's Rural Poor," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6927.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgård, Anders, 2019. "Can the poor organize? Public goods and self-help groups in rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 33-52.
- Balima, Hippolyte Weneyam, 2020. "Coups d’état and the cost of debt," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 509-528.
- Nicolaj N. Mühlbach, 2020. "Tree-based Synthetic Control Methods: Consequences of moving the US Embassy," CREATES Research Papers 2020-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens & Stefan Wager, 2018.
"Approximate residual balancing: debiased inference of average treatment effects in high dimensions,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 80(4), pages 597-623, September.
- Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens & Stefan Wager, 2016. "Approximate Residual Balancing: De-Biased Inference of Average Treatment Effects in High Dimensions," Papers 1604.07125, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2018.
- Fackler, Daniel & Hölscher, Lisa & Schnabel, Claus & Weyh, Antje, 2020.
"Does working at a start-up pay off?,"
112, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Fackler, Daniel & Hölscher, Lisa & Schnabel, Claus & Weyh, Antje, 2020. "Does Working at a Start-Up Pay Off?," IZA Discussion Papers 13033, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fackler, Daniel & Hölscher, Lisa & Schnabel, Claus & Weyh, Antje, 2020. "Does working at a start-up pay off?," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 03/2020, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- T. Razafindranovona, 2016. "Exploitation de l'enquête expérimentale Logement internet/papier," Document de travail "Methodologie Statistique" - DMS Working Paper m2016-08, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques.
- Baborska, Renata & Hernandez-Hernandez, Emilio & Magrini, Emiliano & Morales-Opazo, Cristian, 2018. "The impact of financial inclusion on rural food security experience: a perspective from low-and middle-income countries," MPRA Paper 89249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hetschko, Clemens & Schöb, Ronnie & Wolf, Tobias, 2020. "Income support, employment transitions and well-being," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C).
- Samuel B. Bonsall & Brian P. Miller, 2017. "The impact of narrative disclosure readability on bond ratings and the cost of debt," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 608-643, June.
- Schwettmann, Lars, 2015. "Decision solution, data manipulation and trust: The (un-)willingness to donate organs in Germany in critical times," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(7), pages 980-989.
- Michael C. Knaus, 2021.
"A double machine learning approach to estimate the effects of musical practice on student’s skills,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 184(1), pages 282-300, January.
- Knaus, Michael C., 2018. "A Double Machine Learning Approach to Estimate the Effects of Musical Practice on Student's Skills," IZA Discussion Papers 11547, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Michael C. Knaus, 2018. "A Double Machine Learning Approach to Estimate the Effects of Musical Practice on Student's Skills," Papers 1805.10300, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2019.
- Aboal, Diego & Tacsir, Ezequiel, 2016. "The impact of ex-ante subsidies to researchers on researcher's productivity: Evidence from a developing country," MERIT Working Papers 2016-019, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Graml, Regine & Hagen, Tobias & Ziegler, Yvonne & Khachatryan, Kristine & Herman, Ricky Astrida, 2020. "Lesbische Frauen in der Arbeitswelt: The L-Word in Business," Working Paper Series 15, Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Business and Law.
- Adeola Oyenubi & Martin Wittenberg, 0.
"Does the choice of balance-measure matter under genetic matching?,"
Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-14.
- Adeola Oyenubi & Martin Wittenberg, 2020. "Does the choice of balance-measure matter under Genetic Matching?," Working Papers 819, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Themann, Michael & Koch, Nikolas, 2021. "Catching up and falling behind: Cross-country evidence on the impact of the EU ETS on firm productivity," Ruhr Economic Papers 904, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Everding, Jakob & Marcus, Jan, 2020.
"The effect of unemployment on the smoking behavior of couples,"
EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 154-170.
- Jakob Everding & Jan Marcus, 2020. "The effect of unemployment on the smoking behavior of couples," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(2), pages 154-170, February.
- Everding, Jakob & Marcus, Jan, 2019. "The effect of unemployment on the smoking behavior of couples," hche Research Papers 2019/17, University of Hamburg, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche).
- Jakob Everding & Jan Marcus, 2019. "The Effect of Unemployment on the Smoking Behavior of Couples," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1037, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Shigufta Hena Uzma & Suvendu Kr. Pratihari, 2019. "Financial Modelling for Business Sustainability: A Study of Business Correspondent Model of Financial Inclusion in India," Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers, , vol. 44(4), pages 211-231, December.
- Jaikumar, Saravana & Singh, Ramendra & Sarin, Ankur, 2018. "‘I show off, so I am well off’: Subjective economic well-being and conspicuous consumption in an emerging economy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 386-393.
- Laurion, Henry, 2020. "Implications of Non-GAAP earnings for real activities and accounting choices," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1).
- Clarkson, Peter & Gao, Ru & Herbohn, Kathleen, 2020. "The relationship between a firm’s information environment and its cash holding decision," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2).
More about this item
Keywordsself-help groups; RCT; lab-in-the-field; public goods games; India;
All these keywords.
- F63 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Economic Development
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hasite:0040. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sihhsse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Dominick Nilsson (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sihhsse.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.