Quasi-Experimental Evidence on the Political Impacts of Education in Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Willa Friedman & Michael Kremer & Edward Miguel & Rebecca Thornton, 2016. "Education as Liberation?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 83(329), pages 1-30, January.
- David S. Lee & Thomas Lemieux, 2010.
"Regression Discontinuity Designs in Economics,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 48(2), pages 281-355, June.
- David S. Lee & Thomas Lemieux, 2009. "Regression Discontinuity Designs in Economics," Working Papers 1118, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David S. Lee & Thomas Lemieux, 2009. "Regression Discontinuity Designs in Economics," NBER Working Papers 14723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Panu Pelkonen, 2012.
"Length of compulsory education and voter turnout—evidence from a staged reform,"
Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 51-75, January.
- Pelkonen, Panu, 2009. "Length of compulsory education and voter turnout: evidence from a staged reform," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28280, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Panu Pelkonen, 2009. "Length of Compulsory Education and Voter Turnout - Evidence from a Staged Reform," CEE Discussion Papers 0108, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Milligan, Kevin & Moretti, Enrico & Oreopoulos, Philip, 2004. "Does education improve citizenship? Evidence from the United States and the United Kingdom," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1667-1695, August.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:110:y:2016:i:03:p:579-600_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keele, Luke, 2015. "The Statistics of Causal Inference: A View from Political Methodology," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 313-335, July.
- Dee, Thomas S., 2004. "Are there civic returns to education?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1697-1720, August.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-529, October.
- Persson, Mikael & Lindgren, Karl-Oskar & Oskarsson, Sven, 2016. "How does education affect adolescents’ political development?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 182-193.
- Leonard Wantchekon & Marko Klašnja & Natalija Novta, 2015. "Education and Human Capital Externalities: Evidence from Colonial Benin," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 130(2), pages 703-757.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:62:y:1968:i:01:p:169-184_11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Borgonovi Francesca & d'Hombres Beatrice & Hoskins Bryony, 2010. "Voter Turnout, Information Acquisition and Education: Evidence from 15 European Countries," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-34, September.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dang, Thang, 2017. "Does the More Educated Utilize More Health Care Services? Evidence from Vietnam Using a Regression Discontinuity Design," MPRA Paper 77641, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:ijhcfe:v:18:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10754-018-9233-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dang, Thang, 2017. "Education as Protection? The Effect of Schooling on Non-Wage Compensation in a Developing Country," MPRA Paper 79223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordseducation; political outcomes; regression discontinuity; Vietnam;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2017-01-08 (Education)
- NEP-POL-2017-01-08 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2017-01-08 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2017-01-08 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:75678. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.