Does long-term care subsidisation reduce hospital admissions?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Sergi Jimenez-Martin & Cristina Vilaplana, 2016. "Does Long-Term Care Subsidisation Reduce Hospital Admissions?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6078, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2013. "Regression Analysis of Count Data," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107667273, April.
- José G. Montalvo, 2011. "Voting after the Bombings: A Natural Experiment on the Effect of Terrorist Attacks on Democratic Elections," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1146-1154, November.
- Gurmu, Shiferaw, 1998. "Generalized hurdle count data regression models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 263-268, March.
- Joan COSTA‐FONT & Christophe Courbage & Katherine Swartz, 2015.
"Financing Long‐Term Care: Ex Ante, Ex Post or Both?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24, pages 45-57, March.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Christophe Courbage & Katherine Swartz, 2014. "Financing Long-Term Care: Ex-ante, Ex-post or Both?," CESifo Working Paper Series 5104, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
- Gabriel Picone & R. Mark Wilson & Shin-Yi Chou, 2003. "Analysis of hospital length of stay and discharge destination using hazard functions with unmeasured heterogeneity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(12), pages 1021-1034.
- Maria M. Hofmarcher & Howard Oxley & Elena Rusticelli, 2007. "Improved Health System Performance through better Care Coordination," OECD Health Working Papers 30, OECD Publishing.
- Rapp, Thomas & Chauvin, Pauline & Sirven, Nicolas, 2015. "Are public subsidies effective to reduce emergency care? Evidence from the PLASA study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 31-37.
- Sha Yang & Yuxin Chen & Greg Allenby, 2003. "Reply to Comments on “Bayesian Analysis of Simultaneous Demand and Supply”," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 299-304, September.
- Friedrich Breyer & Joan Costa-Font & Stefan Felder, 2010. "Ageing, health, and health care," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 674-690, Winter.
- John Shea, 1997.
"Instrument Relevance in Multivariate Linear Models: A Simple Measure,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 348-352, May.
- John Shea, 1996. "Instrument Relevance in Multivariate Linear Models: A Simple Measure," NBER Technical Working Papers 0193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sha Yang & Yuxin Chen & Greg Allenby, 2003. "Bayesian Analysis of Simultaneous Demand and Supply," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 251-275, September.
- Jose-Luis Fernandez & J. Forder, 2008. "Consequences of local variations in social care on the performance of the acute health care sector," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(12), pages 1503-1518.
- Tor Helge Holmås & Egil Kjerstad & Hilde Lurås & Odd Rune Straume, 2008. "Does monetary punishment crowd out pro-social motivation? The case of hospital bed-blocking," NIPE Working Papers 17/2008, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
More about this item
Keywordshospital admissions; hospital utilisation; long-term care reform; bed-blocking; hurdle Poisson model; Spain;
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2016-10-09 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2016-10-09 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2016-10-09 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:67911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .