Does long-term care subsidisation reduce unnecessary hospitalisations?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joan Costa-Font & Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Cristina Villaplana, 2016. "Does Long-Term Care Subsidisation Reduce Unnecessary Hospitalisations?," Working Papers 2016-05, FEDEA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2013. "Regression Analysis of Count Data," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107667273, August.
- José G. Montalvo, 2011. "Voting after the Bombings: A Natural Experiment on the Effect of Terrorist Attacks on Democratic Elections," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1146-1154, November.
- Gurmu, Shiferaw, 1998. "Generalized hurdle count data regression models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 263-268, March.
- Joan COSTA‐FONT & Christophe Courbage & Katherine Swartz, 2015.
"Financing Long‐Term Care: Ex Ante, Ex Post or Both?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24, pages 45-57, March.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Christophe Courbage & Katherine Swartz, 2014. "Financing Long-Term Care: Ex-ante, Ex-post or Both?," CESifo Working Paper Series 5104, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
- Gabriel Picone & R. Mark Wilson & Shin-Yi Chou, 2003. "Analysis of hospital length of stay and discharge destination using hazard functions with unmeasured heterogeneity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(12), pages 1021-1034.
- Rapp, Thomas & Chauvin, Pauline & Sirven, Nicolas, 2015. "Are public subsidies effective to reduce emergency care? Evidence from the PLASA study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 31-37.
- Sha Yang & Yuxin Chen & Greg Allenby, 2003. "Reply to Comments on “Bayesian Analysis of Simultaneous Demand and Supply”," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 299-304, September.
- Friedrich Breyer & Joan Costa-Font & Stefan Felder, 2010. "Ageing, health, and health care," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(4), pages 674-690, Winter.
- John Shea, 1997.
"Instrument Relevance in Multivariate Linear Models: A Simple Measure,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 348-352, May.
- John Shea, 1996. "Instrument Relevance in Multivariate Linear Models: A Simple Measure," NBER Technical Working Papers 0193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sha Yang & Yuxin Chen & Greg Allenby, 2003. "Bayesian Analysis of Simultaneous Demand and Supply," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 251-275, September.
- Jose-Luis Fernandez & J. Forder, 2008. "Consequences of local variations in social care on the performance of the acute health care sector," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(12), pages 1503-1518.
- Tor Helge Holmås & Egil Kjerstad & Hilde Lurås & Odd Rune Straume, 2008. "Does monetary punishment crowd out pro-social motivation? The case of hospital bed-blocking," NIPE Working Papers 17/2008, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
More about this item
Keywordshospitalisation; long-term care reform; Spain; bed-blocking; hurdle Poisson model.;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2016-10-16 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2016-10-16 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HEA-2016-10-16 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2016-10-16 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:1535. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.