Does monetary punishment crowd out pro-social motivation? The case of hospital bed-blocking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gneezy, Uri & Rustichini, Aldo, 2000. "A Fine is a Price," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Jean Tirole & Roland Bénabou, 2006.
"Incentives and Prosocial Behavior,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1652-1678, December.
- Bénabou, Roland & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Incentives and Prosocial Behavior," IDEI Working Papers 389, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Jan 2006.
- Roland Bénabou & Jean Tirole, 2006. "Incentives and Prosocial Behavior," Post-Print hal-00173700, HAL.
- Roland Bénabou & Jean Tirole, 2005. "Incentives and Prosocial Behavior," NBER Working Papers 11535, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benabou, Roland & Tirole, Jean, 2005. "Incentives and Prosocial Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 1695, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Roland Benabou & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Incentives and Prosocial Behavior," Working Papers 137, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Discussion Papers in Economics.
- Bénabou, Roland & Tirole, Jean, 2004. "Incentives and Prosocial Behaviour," CEPR Discussion Papers 4633, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephan Meier, 2006. "A survey of economic theories and field evidence on pro-social behavior," Working Papers 06-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Lai, Ching-Chong & Yang, Chih-Yu & Chang, Juin-Jen, 2003. "Environmental Regulations and Social Norms," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(1), pages 63-75, January.
- Frey, Bruno S., 1993. "Motivation as a limit to pricing," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 635-664, December.
- Frey, Bruno S & Jegen, Reto, 2001. " Motivation Crowding Theory," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 589-611, December.
- Roland Bénabou & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(3), pages 489-520.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Does fear work?
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2011-07-31 18:55:23
- Does Fear of Job Loss Work?
by Mark Thoma in Economist's View on 2011-08-03 12:33:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joan Costa-Font & Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Cristina Villaplana, 2016.
"Does Long-Term Care Subsidisation Reduce Unnecessary Hospitalisations?,"
- Joan Costa-Font & Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Cristina Vilaplana, 2016. "Does long-term care subsidisation reduce unnecessary hospitalisations?," Economics Working Papers 1535, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Sergi Jimenez-Martin & Cristina Vilaplana, 2016.
"Does Long-Term Care Subsidisation Reduce Hospital Admissions?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6078, CESifo Group Munich.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Jiménez-Martínez, Sergi & Vilaplana, Cristina, 2016. "Does long-term care subsidisation reduce hospital admissions?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67911, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsMotivation crowding; Intrinsic motivation; Monetary punishment; Hospital bed blocking;
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2008-12-07 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2008-12-07 (Experimental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nip:nipewp:17/2008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria João Thompson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nipampt.html .