Averaging of moment condition estimators
We establish the consistency and asymptotic normality for a class of estimators that are linear combinations of a set of vn- consistent estimators whose cardinality increases with sample size. A special case of our framework corresponds to the conditional moment restriction and the implied estimator in that case is shown to achieve the semiparametric efficiency bound. The proofs do not rely on smoothness of underlying criterion functions.
|Date of creation:||21 Sep 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: The Institute for Fiscal Studies 7 Ridgmount Street LONDON WC1E 7AE|
Phone: (+44) 020 7291 4800
Fax: (+44) 020 7323 4780
Web page: http://cemmap.ifs.org.uk
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: The Institute for Fiscal Studies 7 Ridgmount Street LONDON WC1E 7AE|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rilstone, Paul & Srivastava, V. K. & Ullah, Aman, 1996. "The second-order bias and mean squared error of nonlinear estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 369-395, December.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1985. "A method for calculating bounds on the asymptotic covariance matrices of generalized method of moments estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 203-238.
- Manuel A. Domínguez & Ignacio N. Lobato, 2004. "Consistent Estimation of Models Defined by Conditional Moment Restrictions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(5), pages 1601-1615, 09.
- Inoue, Atsushi & Rossi, Barbara, 2011.
"Testing for weak identification in possibly nonlinear models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 246-261, April.
- Barbara Rossi & Atsushi Inoue, 2010. "Testing for Weak Identification in Possibly Nonlinear Models," Working Papers 10-92, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Koenker, Roger & Machado, Jose A. F., 1999. "GMM inference when the number of moment conditions is large," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 327-344, December.
- Guido Kuersteiner & Ryo Okui, 2010. "Constructing Optimal Instruments by First-Stage Prediction Averaging," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 78(2), pages 697-718, 03.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1987. "Asymptotic efficiency in estimation with conditional moment restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 305-334, March.
- Kotlyarova, Yulia & Zinde-Walsh, Victoria, 2006. "Non- and semi-parametric estimation in models with unknown smoothness," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 379-386, December.
- Yulia Kotlyarova & Victoria Zinde-Walsh, 2006. "Non And Semi-Parametric Estimation In Models With Unknown Smoothness," Departmental Working Papers 2006-15, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1974. "The nonlinear two-stage least-squares estimator," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 105-110, July.
- Marcia M. A. Schafgans & Victoria Zinde-Walsh, 2010. "Smoothness adaptive average derivative estimation," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 13(1), pages 40-62, 02.
- Francesco Bravo & Juan Carlos Escanciano & Taisuke Otsu, 2011. "A Simple Test for Identification in GMM under Conditional Moment Restrictions," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1789, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Rilstone, Paul & Ullah, Aman, 2005. "Corrigendum to "The second-order bias and mean squared error of nonlinear estimators": [Journal of Econometrics 75(2) (1996) 369-395]," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 203-204, January.
- Chen, Xiaohong & Pouzo, Demian, 2009. "Efficient estimation of semiparametric conditional moment models with possibly nonsmooth residuals," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 152(1), pages 46-60, September.
- Donald, Stephen G. & Imbens, Guido W. & Newey, Whitney K., 2003. "Empirical likelihood estimation and consistent tests with conditional moment restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 55-93, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ifs:cemmap:26/12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emma Hyman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.