Biased-Reduced Maximum Likelihood Estimation for the Zero-Inflated Poisson Distribution
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David E. Giles, 2009. "Bias Reduction for the Maximum Likelihood Estimator of the Scale Parameter in the Half-Logistic Distribution," Econometrics Working Papers 0901, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Bias-Corrected MLEs
by Dave Giles in Econometrics Beat: Dave Giles' Blog on 2012-05-01 21:03:00
- Measuring the Quality of an Estimator
by Dave Giles in Econometrics Beat: Dave Giles' Blog on 2013-03-05 06:41:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David E. Giles, 2012.
"A Note on Improved Estimation for the Topp-Leone Distribution,"
Econometrics Working Papers
1203, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- David E. Giles, 2017. "A Note on Improved Estimation for the Topp-Leone Distribution," Econometrics Working Papers 1703, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Ryan T. Godwin & David E. Giles, 2017. "Analytic Bias Correction for Maximum Likelihood Estimators When the Bias Function is Non-Constant," Econometrics Working Papers 1702, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
More about this item
KeywordsZero-inflated Poisson; bias reduction; maximum likelihood estimation; bootstrap;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- C46 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Specific Distributions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-02-26 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ORE-2011-02-26 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vic:vicewp:1102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Voss). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/devicca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.