A Note on Improved Estimation for the Topp-Leone Distribution
The Topp-Leone distribution is attractive for reliability studies as it has finite support and a bathtub-shaped hazard function. We compare some properties of the method of moments, maximum likelihood, and bias-adjusted maximum likelihood estimators of its shape parameter. The last of these estimators is very simple to apply and dominates the method of moments estimator in terms of relative bias and mean squared error.
|Date of creation:||12 Sep 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 1700, STN CSC, Victoria, BC, Canada, V8W 2Y2|
Web page: http://web.uvic.ca/econ
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ali Genç, 2012. "Moments of order statistics of Topp–Leone distribution," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 117-131, February.
- Jacob Schwartz & Ryan T. Godwin & David E. Giles, 2011. "Improved Maximum Likelihood Estimation of the Shape Parameter in the Nakagami Distribution," Econometrics Working Papers 1109, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Saralees Nadarajah, 2009. "Bathtub-shaped failure rate functions," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 43(5), pages 855-863, September.
- William J. Reed, 2011. "A flexible parametric survival model which allows a bathtub-shaped hazard rate function," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 1665-1680, August.
- M. E. Ghitany & S. Kotz & M. Xie, 2005. "On some reliability measures and their stochastic orderings for the Topp-Leone distribution," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(7), pages 715-722.
- Cordeiro, Gauss M. & Klein, Ruben, 1994. "Bias correction in ARMA models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 169-176, February.
- Saralees Nadarajah & Samuel Kotz, 2003. "Moments of some J-shaped distributions," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 311-317.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vic:vicewp:1203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Voss)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.