Nonlinear Phenomena in a Growing Economy with Convex Adjustment Costs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Mauricio Drelichman & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2008.
"Debt Sustainability in Historical Perspective: The Role of Fiscal Repression,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 657-667, 04-05.
- Joachim Voth & Mauricio Drelichman, 2008. "Debt sustainability in historical perspective: The role of fiscal repression," Economics Working Papers 1184, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Sydney C. Ludvigson & Serena Ng, 2009. "Macro Factors in Bond Risk Premia," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(12), pages 5027-5067, December.
- Wirl, Franz, 2002. "Stability and limit cycles in competitive equilibria subject to adjustment costs and dynamic spillovers," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 375-398, March.
- Paolo Mattana & Kazuo Nishimura & Tadashi Shigoka, 2009. "Homoclinic bifurcation and global indeterminacy of equilibrium in a two-sector endogenous growth model," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 5(1), pages 25-47.
- Slobodyan, Sergey, 2007.
"Indeterminacy and stability in a modified Romer model,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 169-177, March.
- Sergey Slobodyan, 2002. "Indeterminacy and Stability in a Modified Romer Model," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp205, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Kazuo Nishimura & Tadashi Shigoka, 2006. "Sunspots and Hopf bifurcations in continuous time endogenous growth models," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 2(3-4), pages 199-216.
- Miller, Marcus & Zhang, Lei, 2000.
"Sovereign Liquidity Crises: The Strategic Case for a Payments Standstill,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 335-362, January.
- Miller, Marcus & Zhang, Lei, 1998. "Sovereign Liquidity Crises: the Strategic Case for a Payments Standstill," CEPR Discussion Papers 1820, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marcus Miller & Lei Zhang, 1999. "Sovereign Liquidity Crisis: The Strategic Case for a Payments Standstill," CSGR Working papers series 35/99, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR), University of Warwick.
- Marcus H. Miller & Lei Zhang, 1999. "Sovereign Liquidity Crisis: The Strategic Case for A Payments Standstill," Working Paper Series WP99-8, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Frank Hilker & Horst Malchow, 2006. "Strange Periodic Attractors in a Prey-Predator System with Infected Prey," Mathematical Population Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 119-134.
- Jean-Pierre Drugeon, 1998. "A model with endogenously determined cycles, discounting and growth," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 12(2), pages 349-369.
- Tyrrell Rockafellar, R., 1976. "Saddle points of Hamiltonian systems in convex Lagrange problems having a nonzero discount rate," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 71-113, February.
- Vogelsang, Timothy J & Perron, Pierre, 1998.
"Additional Tests for a Unit Root Allowing for a Break in the Trend Function at an Unknown Time,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1073-1100, November.
- Vogelsang, T.J. & Perron, P., 1994. "Additional Tests for a Unit Root Allowing for a Break in the Trend Function at an Unknown Time," Cahiers de recherche 9422, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Vogelsang, T.J. & Perron, P., 1994. "Additional Tests for a Unit Root Allowing for a Break in the Trend Function at an Unknown Time," Cahiers de recherche 9422, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Fuchs, Gerard, 1975. "Structural stability for dynamical economic models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 139-154.
- Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1973. "Do Walras' identity and continuity characterize the class of community excess demand functions?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 345-354, August.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Eicher, Theo S. & Schubert, Stefan F. & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2008. "Dynamic effects of terms of trade shocks: The impact on debt and growth," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 876-896, October.
- Lionel W. McKenzie, 2012.
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics,
- Thomas I. Palley, 2011.
"A Theory of Minsky Super-cycles and Financial Crises ,"
Contributions to Political Economy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 30(1), pages 31-46.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2009. "A Theory of Minsky Super-Cycles and Financial Crises," IMK Working Paper 05-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Nishimura, Kiyohiko Giichi, 1981. "On uniqueness of a steady state and convergence of optimal paths in multisector models of optimal growth with a discount rate," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 157-167, April.
- Frédéric Lordon, 1995. "Cycles et chaos dans un modèle hétérodoxe de croissance endogène," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 46(6), pages 1405-1432.
- French, Kenneth R & Poterba, James M, 1991.
"Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 222-226, May.
- Kenneth R. French & James M. Poterba, 1991. "Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets," NBER Working Papers 3609, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greiner Alfred & Semmler Willi, 1996. "Saddle Path Stability, Fluctuations, and Indeterminacy in Economic Growth," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-16, July.
- Massimo Di Matteo, 2009. "Economic Dynamics as a Succession of Equilibria: The Path Travelled by Morishima," Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID) University of Siena 1209, Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID), University of Siena.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Guimaraes, Bernardo & Roubini, Nouriel, 2006.
"International lending of last resort and moral hazard: A model of IMF's catalytic finance,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 441-471, April.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Bernardo Guimaraes & Nouriel Roubini, 2003. "International Lending of Last Resort and Moral Hazard: A Model of IMF's Catalytic Finance," NBER Working Papers 10125, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Veneziani, Roberto & Mohun, Simon, 2006. "Structural stability and Goodwin's growth cycle," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 437-451, December.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2002. "Knife-Edge Conditions And The Macrodynamics Of Small Open Economies," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 307-335, April.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
More about this item
KeywordsNonlinear Growth Dynamics; Financial Instability; Fold-Hopf Bifurcation.;
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-30 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eei:rpaper:eeri_rp_2013_05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia van Hove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eeriibe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.