Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- French, Kenneth R & Poterba, James M, 1991. "Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 222-226, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bonser-Neal, Catherine, et al, 1990. "International Investment Restrictions and Closed-End Country Fund Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 523-547, June.
- Lease, Ronald C & Lewellen, Wilbur G & Schlarbaum, Gary G, 1974. "The Individual Investor: Attributes and Attitudes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 413-433, May.
- Robert J. Shiller & Fumiko Kon-Ya & Yoshiro Tsutsui, 1991. "Speculative Behavior in the Stock Markets: Evidence from the United States and Japan," NBER Working Papers 3613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Schmukler, Sergio L, 2000.
"Country Funds and Asymmetric Information,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(3), pages 177-195, July.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Schmukler, Sergio L., 1997. "Country Funds and Asymmetric Information," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt2791c3wm, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Sergio L. Schmukler, 1998. "Country Funds and Asymmetric Information," International Finance 9805003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel and Sergio L. Schmukler., 1997. "Country Funds and Asymmetric Information," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C97-087, University of California at Berkeley.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Schmukler, Sergio L., 1998. "Country funds and asymmetric information," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1886, The World Bank.
- Kumar, Alok, 2007. "Do the diversification choices of individual investors influence stock returns?," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 362-390, November.
- Camille Magron & Maxime Merli, 2012. "Stocks repurchase and sophistication of individual investors," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2012-02, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Stephan Schulmeister, 2000. "Technical Analysis and Exchange Rate Dynamics," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 25857, 12-2020.
- Simon van Norden & Huntley Schaller, 2002. "Fads or bubbles?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 335-362.
- Gikas Hardouvelis & Rafael La Porta & Thierry A. Wizman, 1994.
"What Moves the Discount on Country Equity Funds?,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Internationalization of Equity Markets, pages 345-403,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Rafael La Porta & Thierry A. Wizman, 1993. "What moves the discount on country equity funds?," Research Paper 9324, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis & Rafael La Porta & Thierry A. Wizman, 1993. "What Moves the Discount on Country Equity Funds?," NBER Working Papers 4571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stylianos X. Koufadakis, 2015. "Asymmetries on Closed End Country Funds Premium and Monetary Policy Announcements: An Approach Trough the Perspective of Foreign Countries," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 65(3-4), pages 29-65, july-Dece.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1994. "The Internationalization of Equity Markets," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fran94-1, May.
- Sengupta, Atri & Deb, Soumya Guha & Mittal, Shashank, 2021. "The underlying motivational process behind portfolio diversification choice decisions of individual investors: An experimental design," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C).
- Choi, Paul Moon Sub & Choi, Joung Hwa, 2018. "Is individual trading priced in stocks?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 76-92.
- Athar Iqbal & Sania Usmani, 2009. "Factors Influencing Individual Investor Behavior (The Case ofthe Karachi Stock Exchange)," South Asian Journal of Management Sciences (SAJMS), Iqra University, Iqra University, vol. 3(1), pages 15-26, Spring.
- J. François Outreville, 2015. "The Relationship Between Relative Risk Aversion And The Level Of Education: A Survey And Implications For The Demand For Life Insurance," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 97-111, February.
- Glassman, Debra A. & Riddick, Leigh A., 2006. "Market timing by global fund managers," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1029-1050, November.
- Sanning, Lee W. & Skiba, Alexandre & Skiba, Hilla, 2013. "Short sale restrictions, differences of opinion, and single-country, closed-end fund discount," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 44-50.
- Mohammad Tariqul Islam Khan & Siow-Hooi Tan, 2019. "Stated Preferences for Firmâ€™s Characteristics and Asset Allocation Decisions," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 20(4), pages 839-855, August.
- Marie-Hélène Broihanne & Maxime Merli & Patrick Roger, 2016. "Diversification, gambling and market forces," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 129-157, July.
- Korajczyk, Robert A, 1996.
"A Measure of Stock Market Integration for Developed and Emerging Markets,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 267-289, May.
- Korajczyk, Robert A., 1995. "A measure of stock market integration for developed and emerging markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1482, The World Bank.
- Sujoy Mukerji & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2001.
"Ambiguity Aversion and Incompleteness of Financial Markets,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(4), pages 883-904.
- Mukerji, S. & Tallon, J.-M., 1999. "Ambiguity Aversion and Incompleteness of Financial Markets," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 1999-28, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Sujoy Mukerji & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2001. "Ambiguity Aversion and Incompleteness of Financial Markets," Post-Print halshs-00174539, HAL.
- Sujoy Mukerji & Jean-Marc Tallon & UniversitÃƒÂ© Paris I PanthÃƒÂ©on-Sorbonne, 2000. "Ambiguity Aversion and Incompleteness of Financial Markets," Economics Series Working Papers 46, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Sujoy Mukerji & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2001. "Ambiguity Aversion and Incompleteness of Financial Markets," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00174539, HAL.
- Clark-Murphy, Marilyn & Soutar, Geoffrey N., 2004. "What individual investors value: Some Australian evidence," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 539-555, August.
- Andreas Charitou & Andreas Makris & George P. Nishiotis, 2006. "Closed-End Country Funds and International Diversification," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 10(3-4), pages 251-276, September.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists, Wikipedia, or ReplicationWiki pages:
- James M. Poterba in Wikipedia German
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:3609. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.