Applied General Equilibrium Analysis of Renewable Energy Policies
In this paper we develop an applied general equilibrium framework for assessing socio-economic impacts of alternative renewable energy policies and apply it to the bioenergy sector. The policy scenarios are assessed in a comparative static analysis. The numerical simulation results allow us to assess and compare welfare and distributional impacts of alternative renewable energy policies. Our empirical findings suggest that the bioenergy sector in Poland would benefit most from an indirect tax reduction. According to our simulation results, reducing the fossil energy sectors’ subsidies would be the second best policy option.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +322 299 3523
Fax: +322 299 3523
Web page: http://www.eeri.eu/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oniszk-Poplawska, A. & Rogulska, M. & Wisniewski, G., 2003. "Renewable-energy developments in Poland to 2020," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-3), pages 101-110, September.
- Roger Diedrich, Thomas W. Petersik, 2001. "Forecasting US renewables in the national energy modelling system," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 15(1/2), pages 141-158.
- Bovenberg, A. Lans & Goulder, Lawrence H., 1997. "Costs of Environmentally Motivated Taxes in the Presence of Other Taxes: General Equilibrium Analyses," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(1), pages 59-88, March.
- d'Artis Kancs & Hans Kremers, 2002.
"Assessing Impacts of Alternative Renewable Energy Strategies,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2002_03, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- de Bovenberg, A Lans & Mooij, Ruud A, 1994.
"Environmental Levies and Distortionary Taxation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1085-89, September.
- Pietruszko, S.M. & Wisniewski, G. & Chwieduk, D. & Wnuk, R., 1996. "Potential of renewable energies in Poland," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1124-1127.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eei:rpaper:eeri_rp_2007_02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia van Hove)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.