Evaluation of renewable energy policies in an integrated economic-energy-environment model
This paper evaluates socio-economic impacts of alternative renewable energy policies in Poland. Applying a general equilibrium bioenergy model we perform simulations of alternative policy instruments. The obtained numerical results allow us to assess and compare welfare and distributional impacts of alternative policies. Our empirical findings advocate that the bioenergy sector in Europe would benefit most from an integrated economic-energy-environment approach to policy making.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenue Louise, 1050 Brussels|
Phone: +32 2271 9482
Fax: +32 2271 9480
Web page: http://www.eeri.eu/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- d’Artis Kancs, 2004.
"Evaluation of Renewable Energy Policies,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI_RP_2004_03, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- d'Artis Kancs & Hans Kremers, 2002. "Assessing Impacts of Alternative Renewable Energy Strategies," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2002_03, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- repec:ntj:journl:v:50:y:1997:i:no._1:p:59-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pietruszko, S.M. & Wisniewski, G. & Chwieduk, D. & Wnuk, R., 1996. "Potential of renewable energies in Poland," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1124-1127.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & de Mooij, R.A., 1994.
"Environmental levies and distortionary taxation,"
Other publications TiSEM
4b32deaa-ec2f-4de7-b59b-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Roger Diedrich, Thomas W. Petersik, 2001. "Forecasting US renewables in the national energy modelling system," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 15(1/2), pages 141-158.
- Bovenberg, A. Lans & Goulder, Lawrence H., 1997. "Costs of Environmentally Motivated Taxes in the Presence of Other Taxes: General Equilibrium Analyses," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(1), pages 59-88, March.
- Oniszk-Poplawska, A. & Rogulska, M. & Wisniewski, G., 2003. "Renewable-energy developments in Poland to 2020," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-3), pages 101-110, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eei:rpaper:eeri_rp_2007_04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julia van Hove)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.