Are Ethical and Social Banks Less Risky? Evidence from a New Dataset
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Palestini, Arsen & Solferino, Nazaria & Elisabetta Tessitore, M., 2014.
"The socially responsible choice in a duopolistic market: A dynamic model of “ethical product” differentiation,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 114-123.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Arsen Palestini & Nazaria Solferino & M.Elisabetta Tessitore, 2013. "The Socially Responsible Choice in a Duopolistic Market: a Dynamic Model of "Ethical Product" Differentiation," CEIS Research Paper 268, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 29 Mar 2013.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Ambrogio Dalò & Stefano Herzel, 2015.
"Socially responsible and conventional investment funds: performance comparison and the global financial crisis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(25), pages 2541-2562, May.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Ambrogio Dalo & Stefano Herzel, 2014. "Socially Responsible and Conventional Investment Funds: Performance Comparison and the Global Financial Crisis," Working Paper series 04_14, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Ambrogio Dalò & Stefano Herzel, 2014. "Socially Responsible and Conventional Investment Funds: Performance Comparison and the Global Financial Crisis," CEIS Research Paper 310, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 18 Feb 2014.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Melody Garcia, 2008. "Do collateral theories work in social banking ?," CEIS Research Paper 131, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 07 Nov 2008.
- Hatice Ozer Balli & Bent Sørensen, 2013. "Interaction effects in econometrics," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 583-603, August.
- Simon Cornée & Ariane Szafarz, 2014.
"Vive la Différence: Social Banks and Reciprocity in the Credit Market,"
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 125(3), pages 361-380.
- Simon Cornée & Ariane Szafarz, 2014. "Vive la Différence: Social Banks and Reciprocity in the Credit Market," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(3), pages 361-380, December.
- Simon Cornée & Ariane Szafarz, 2012. "Vive la Différence: Social Banks and Reciprocity in the Credit Market," Working Papers CEB 12-029, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Simon Cornée & Ariane Szafarz, 2014. "Vive la Différence: Social Banks and Reciprocity in the Credit Market," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/192366, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Simon Cornée & Ariane Szafarz, 2013. "Vive la Différence: Social Banks and Reciprocity in the Credit Market," Post-Print halshs-00874615, HAL.
- Brambor, Thomas & Clark, William Roberts & Golder, Matt, 2006. "Understanding Interaction Models: Improving Empirical Analyses," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 63-82, January.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Neugebauer, Katja, 2011. "Bank-specific shocks and the real economy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 2179-2187, August.
- Leire San-Jose & Jose Retolaza & Jorge Gutierrez-Goiria, 2011. "Are Ethical Banks Different? A Comparative Analysis Using the Radical Affinity Index," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 151-173, April.
- Bourkhis, Khawla & Nabi, Mahmoud Sami, 2013. "Islamic and conventional banks' soundness during the 2007–2008 financial crisis," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 68-77.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsEthical banking; social banking; bank risk; financial crisis;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2015-06-13 (Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2015-06-13 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-HME-2015-06-13 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-06-13 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.