Islamic and conventional banks' soundness during the 2007–2008 financial crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hennie Van Greuning & Zamir Iqbal, 2008. "Risk Analysis for Islamic Banks," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6923.
- Serhan Cevik & Joshua Charap, 2015.
"The Behavior of Conventional and Islamic Bank Deposit Returns in Malaysia and Turkey,"
International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues,
Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 111-124.
- Joshua Charap & Serhan Cevik, 2011. "The Behavior of Conventional and Islamic Bank Deposit Returns in Malaysia and Turkey," IMF Working Papers 11/156, International Monetary Fund.
- Martin Čihák & Heiko Hesse, 2010.
"Islamic Banks and Financial Stability: An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 38(2), pages 95-113, December.
- Martin Cihak & Heiko Hesse, 2008. "Islamic Banks and Financial Stability; An Empirical Analysis," IMF Working Papers 08/16, International Monetary Fund.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Farhat, Joseph & Al-Zu'Bi, Bashir, 2003.
"Dividend Signaling Hypothesis And Short-Term Asset Concentration Of Islamic Interest-Free Banking,"
Islamic Economic Studies,
The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 11, pages 2-30.
- Joseph Farhat & M. Kabir Hassan & Bashir Al-Zu'bi, 2002. "Dvidend Signaling Hypothesis and Short-Term Asset Concentration of Islamic Interest-free Banking," Working Papers 0221, Economic Research Forum, revised 18 Jul 2002.
- Freixas, Xavier & Parigi, Bruno M & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2000.
"Systemic Risk, Interbank Relations, and Liquidity Provision by the Central Bank,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 611-638, August.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno Parigi & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2000. "Systemic risk, interbank relations, and liquidity provision by the central bank," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 611-640.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno Parigi & Jean Charles Rochet, 1998. "Systemic risk, interbank relations and liquidity provision by the Central Bank," Economics Working Papers 440, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 1999.
- Freixas, Xavier & Parigi, Bruno & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1999. "Systemic Risk, Interbank Relations and Liquidity Provision by the Central Bank," CEPR Discussion Papers 2325, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- X. Freixas & B. Parigi & J-C. Rochet, 2000. "Systemic Risk, Interbank Relations and Liquidity Provision by theCentral Bank," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 47, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Siddiqi, Mohammad Nejatullah, 2006. "Islamic Banking And Finance In Theory And Practice: A Survey Of State Of The Art," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 13, pages 2-48.
- Chong, Beng Soon & Liu, Ming-Hua, 2009. "Islamic banking: Interest-free or interest-based?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 125-144, January.
- Olson, Dennis & Zoubi, Taisier A., 2008. "Using accounting ratios to distinguish between Islamic and conventional banks in the GCC region," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 45-65, March.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Mastruzzi, Massimo, 2010. "The worldwide governance indicators : methodology and analytical issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5430, The World Bank.
- Syed Ali, Salman, 2007. "Financial Distress And Bank Failure: Lessons From Closure Of Ihlas Finans In Turkey," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 14, pages 2-52.
- El-Hawary, Dahlia & Grais, Wafik & Iqbal, Zamir, 2007. "Diversity in the regulation of Islamic Financial Institutions," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 778-800, February.
- Ho, Daniel E. & Imai, Kosuke & King, Gary & Stuart, Elizabeth A., 2007. "Matching as Nonparametric Preprocessing for Reducing Model Dependence in Parametric Causal Inference," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 199-236, June.
- Gianni De Nicolo, 2000. "Size, charter value and risk in banking: an international perspective," International Finance Discussion Papers 689, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic banking; Conventional banking; Financial crisis;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:revfin:v:22:y:2013:i:2:p:68-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.