The Behavior of Conventional and Islamic Bank Deposit Returns in Malaysia and Turkey
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joshua Charap & Serhan Cevik, 2011. "The Behavior of Conventional and Islamic Bank Deposit Returns in Malaysia and Turkey," IMF Working Papers 2011/156, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick A. Imam & Kangni R Kpodar, 2010. "Islamic Banking; How Has it Diffused?," IMF Working Papers 2010/195, International Monetary Fund.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Aggarwal, Rajesh K & Yousef, Tarik, 2000. "Islamic Banks and Investment Financing," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 93-120, February.
- Chong, Beng Soon & Liu, Ming-Hua, 2009. "Islamic banking: Interest-free or interest-based?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 125-144, January.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 1986. "Islamic Interest-Free Banking: A Theoretical Analysis (Le systÃ¨me bancaire islamique: analyse thÃ©orique d'un systÃ¨me qui ne fait pas appel Ã l'intÃ©rÃªt) (La prohibiciÃ³n islÃ¡mica de los intereses," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 33(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Ebrahim, Muhammed-Shahid & Safadi, Akram, 1995. "Behavioral norms in the Islamic doctrine of economics: A comment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 151-157, June.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2013.
"Islamic vs. conventional banking: Business model, efficiency and stability,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 433-447.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Islamic vs. conventional banking : business model, efficiency and stability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5446, The World Bank.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid M. Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2015.
"Islamic Banking And Finance: Recent Empirical Literature And Directions For Future Research,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 637-670, September.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2014. "Islamic Banking and Finance: Recent Empirical Literature and Directions for Future Research," Working Papers hal-01073185, HAL.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "Islamic Banking and Finance: Recent Empirical Literature and Directions for Future Research," Post-Print hal-01144032, HAL.
- Adrian C. Darnell, 1994. "A Dictionary Of Econometrics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 118.
- Moazzam Farooq & Sweder van Wijnbergen & Sajjad Zaheer, 2015. "Will Islamic Banking make the World less risky? An Empirical Analysis of Capital Structure, Risk Shifting and Financial Stability," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-051/VI/DSF92, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ebenezer, Appiah Collins & Jatoe, John Baptist D. & Mensa-Bonsu, Akwasi, 2018. "Food Price Sensitivity To Changes In Petroleum Price And Exchange Rate In Ghana: A Cointegration Analysis," 2018 Conference (2nd), August 8-11, Kumasi, Ghana 277791, Ghana Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ahmet F. Aysan & Mustafa Disli & Huseyin Ozturk & Ibrahim M. Turhan, 2015.
"Are Islamic Banks Subject To Depositor Discipline?,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 60(01), pages 1-16.
- A. F. Aysan & M. Disli & H. Ozturk & I. M. Turhan, 2013. "Are Islamic Banks Subject to Depositor Discipline?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/871, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Abimelech Paye Gbatu & Zhen Wang & Presley K. Wesseh Jr. & Isaac Yak Repha Tutdel, 2017. "Causal Effects and Dynamic Relationship between Exchange Rate Volatility and Economic Development in Liberia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(4), pages 119-131.
- Stelios D. Bekiros, 2013. "Decoupling and the Spillover Effects of the US Financial Crisis: Evidence from the BRIC Markets," Working Paper series 21_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Bosupeng, Mpho, 2015. "The Impossible Trinity and Financial Markets – An Examination of Inflation Volatility Spillovers," MPRA Paper 77923, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Zamani, Mehrzad, 2007. "Energy consumption and economic activities in Iran," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1135-1140, November.
- Claire G.Gilmore & Brian Lucey & Ginette M.McManus, 2005. "The Dynamics of Central European Equity Market Integration," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp069, IIIS.
- Isabel CortÃ©s-JimÃ©nez & Manuel ArtÃs, 2005.
"The role of the tourism sector in economic development - Lessons from the Spanish experience,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p488, European Regional Science Association.
- Isabel Cortes Jimenez & Manuel Artis Ortuno, 2006. "The role of the tourism sector in economic development. Lessons from the Spanish experience," Working Papers in Economics 158, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Panagiotis Pegkas & Constantinos Tsamadias, 2017. "Are There Separate Effects of Male and Female Higher Education on Economic Growth? Evidence from Greece," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 8(1), pages 279-293, March.
- Erie Febrian & Aldrin Herwany, 2009.
"Volatility Forecasting Models and Market Co-Integration: A Study on South-East Asian Markets,"
Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS)
200911, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Sep 2009.
- Erie Febrian & Aldrin Herwany, 2010. "Volatility Forecasting Models and Market Co-Integration: A Study on South-East Asian Markets," Working Papers in Business, Management and Finance 201005, Department of Management and Business, Padjadjaran University, revised May 2010.
- M. T. Alguacil & V. Orts, 2003.
"Inward Foreign Direct Investment and Imports in Spain,"
International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 19-38.
- M. T. Alguacil & V. Orts, "undated". "Inward Foreign Direct Investment and Imports in Spain," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 02-01, FEDEA.
- M. T. Alguacil & Vicente Orts, 2002. "Inward Foreign Direct Investment And Imports In Spain," Working Papers 02-01, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Sayef Bakari, 2017.
"The Impact of Vegetables Exports on Economic Growth in Tunisia,"
Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 72-87, December.
- Bakari, Sayef, 2017. "The Impact of Vegetables Exports on Economic Growth in Tunisia," MPRA Paper 80722, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bashiri Behmiri, Niaz & Pires Manso, José R., 2012. "Does Portuguese economy support crude oil conservation hypothesis?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 628-634.
- Nour Wehbe & Bassam Assaf & Salem Darwich, 2018. "Étude de causalité entre la consommation d’électricité et la croissance économique au Liban," Post-Print hal-01944291, HAL.
- Sandrine Kablan & Ouidad Yousfi, 2015.
"Performance of Islamic Banks across the World: An Empirical Analysis over the Period 2001-2008,"
International Journal of Empirical Finance, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 4(1), pages 27-46.
- Kablan, Sandrine & Yousfi, Ouidad, 2011. "Performance of islamic banks across the world: an empirical analysis over the period 2001-2008," MPRA Paper 28695, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Feb 2011.
- Sandrine Kablan & Ouidad Yousfi, 2017. "Performance of islamic banks across the world: an empirical analysis over the period 2001-2008," Working Papers hal-01527696, HAL.
- Zhang, Yu & Zhang, Sufang, 2018. "The impacts of GDP, trade structure, exchange rate and FDI inflows on China's carbon emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 347-353.
- Ramona Dumitriu & Razvan Stefanescu, 2015. "The Relationship Between Romanian Exports And Economic Growth After The Adhesion To European Union," Risk in Contemporary Economy, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, pages 17-26.
More about this item
KeywordsInterest rates; Islamic banks; causality; time-varying volatility correlation;
All these keywords.
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E49 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Other
- F59 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - Other
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eco:journ1:2015-01-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk). General contact details of provider: http://www.econjournals.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.