How Do Large Banking Groups Manage the Efficiency of Their Subsidiaries? Evidence from CEE
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matousek, Roman & Rughoo, Aarti & Sarantis, Nicholas & George Assaf, A., 2015. "Bank performance and convergence during the financial crisis: Evidence from the ‘old’ European Union and Eurozone," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 208-216.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Herrala, Risto & Weill, Laurent, 2013.
"The influence of bank ownership on credit supply: Evidence from the recent financial crisis,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 136-147.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Herrala, Risto & Weill, Laurent, 2011. "The Influence of Bank Ownership on Credit Supply : Evidence from the Recent Financial Crisis," BOFIT Discussion Papers 34/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Podpiera, Jiri & Weill, Laurent, 2008.
"Bad luck or bad management? Emerging banking market experience,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 135-148, June.
- Jiri Podpiera & Laurent Weill, 2007. "Bad Luck or Bad Management? Emerging Banking Market Experience," Working Papers 2007/5, Czech National Bank.
- Jirí Podpiera & Laurent Weill, 2008. "Bad luck or bad management? emerging banking market experience," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14305, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Arsen Poghosyan, 2010. "Foreign bank entry, bank efficiency and market power in Central and Eastern European Countries1," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(3), pages 571-598, July.
- Caudill, Steven B & Ford, Jon M & Gropper, Daniel M, 1995. "Frontier Estimation and Firm-Specific Inefficiency Measures in the Presence of Heteroscedasticity," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 105-111, January.
- Havranek, Tomas & Irsova, Zuzana & Lesanovska, Jitka, 2016.
"Bank efficiency and interest rate pass-through: Evidence from Czech loan products,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 153-169.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova & Jitka Lesanovska, 2015. "Bank Efficiency and Interest Rate Pass-Through: Evidence from Czech Loan Products," Working Papers IES 2015/24, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Oct 2015.
- Tomas Havranek & Zuzana Irsova & Jitka Lesanovska, 2015. "Bank Efficiency and Interest Rate Pass-Through: Evidence from Czech Loan Products," Working Papers 2015/09, Czech National Bank.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2006. "Inference in dynamic stochastic frontier models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 669-676.
- Havrylchyk, Olena & Jurzyk, Emilia, 2011.
"Inherited or earned? Performance of foreign banks in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1291-1302, May.
- Olena Havrylchyk & Emilia Jurzyk, 2008. "Inherited or Earned? Performance of Foreign Banks in Central and Eastern Europe," Working Papers 2008-16, CEPII research center.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y:2008:i:16:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- C. Edward Chang & Iftekhar Hasan & William Hunter, 1998. "Efficiency of multinational banks: an empirical investigation," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 689-696.
- Weill, Laurent, 2009.
"Convergence in banking efficiency across European countries,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 818-833, December.
- Laurent Weill, 2008. "Convergence in Banking Efficiency Across European Countries," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2008-07, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Hung-jen Wang & Peter Schmidt, 2002.
"One-Step and Two-Step Estimation of the Effects of Exogenous Variables on Technical Efficiency Levels,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 129-144, September.
- Wang, Hung-jen & Schmidt, Peter, 2001. "One-step and two-step estimation of the effects of exogenous variables on technical efficiency levels," MPRA Paper 31075, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2002.
- Yiwei Fang & Iftekhar Hasan & Katherin Marton, 2011. "Bank efficiency in South‐Eastern Europe," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(3), pages 495-520, July.
- Claessens, Stijn & Van Horen, Neeltje, 2013. "Impact of Foreign Banks," Journal of Financial Perspectives, EY Global FS Institute, vol. 1(1), pages 29-42.
- George Anayiotos & Hovhannes Toroyan & Athanasios Vamvakidis, 2010. "The efficiency of emerging Europe’s banking sector before and after the recent economic crisis," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 34(3), pages 247-267.
- Ralph De Haas & Iman Van Lelyveld, 2014.
"Multinational Banks and the Global Financial Crisis: Weathering the Perfect Storm?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(s1), pages 333-364, February.
- Ralph de Haas & Iman van Lelyveld, 2011. "Multinational Banks and the Global Financial Crisis. Weathering the Perfect Storm?," DNB Working Papers 322, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Nurboja, Bashkim & Košak, Marko, 2017. "Banking efficiency in South East Europe: Evidence for financial crises and the gap between new EU members and candidate countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 122-138.
- Zoltan Walko, 2008. "The Refinancing Structure of Banks in Selected CESEE Countries," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 16, pages 76-95.
- Isik, Ihsan & Hassan, M. Kabir, 2002. "Technical, scale and allocative efficiencies of Turkish banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 719-766, April.
- Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi & Roman Matousek & Aarti Rughoo, 2018.
"Bank efficiency, productivity, and convergence in EU countries: a weighted Russell directional distance model,"
The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 135-156, January.
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Managi, Shunsuke & Matousek, Roman & Rughoo, Aarti, 2017. "Bank Efficiency, Productivity and Convergence in EU countries: A Weighted Russell Directional Distance Model," MPRA Paper 77237, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lensink, Robert & Meesters, Aljar & Naaborg, Ilko, 2008.
"Bank efficiency and foreign ownership: Do good institutions matter?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 834-844, May.
- Robert Lensink & Aljar Meesters & Ilko Naaborg, 2008. "Bank efficiency and foreign ownership: do good institutions matter?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14283, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Daglish, Toby & Robertson, Oliver & Tripe, David & Weill, Laurent, 2015. "Translog Cost Function Estimation: Banking Efficiency," Working Paper Series 4180, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Michael Koetter, 2006. "Measurement Matters—Alternative Input Price Proxies for Bank Efficiency Analyses," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 199-227, October.
- Grigorios Emvalomatis & Spiro E. Stefanou & Alfons Oude Lansink, 2010. "A Reduced-Form Model for Dynamic Efficiency Measurement: Application to Dairy Farms in Germany and The Netherlands," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(1), pages 161-174.
- Markus Hameter & Mathias Lahnsteiner & Ursula Vogel, 2012. "Intra-Group Cross-Border Credit and Roll-Over Risks in CESEE – Evidence from Austrian Banks," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 23, pages 72-87.
- Petrou, Andreas, 2007. "Multinational banks from developing versus developed countries: Competing in the same arena?," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 376-397, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking groups; convergence; efficiency; governance;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G39 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cnb:wpaper:2018/13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan Babecky). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cnbgvcz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.