Exploring The Relationship Between University And Innovation: Evidence From The Italian Food Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hans Lööf & Anders Broström, 2008.
"Does knowledge diffusion between university and industry increase innovativeness?,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Lööf, Hans & Broström, Anders, 2004. "Does Knowledge Diffusion between University and Industry Increase Innovativeness?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 21, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies, revised 26 Jan 2006.
- David Audretsch & Marcel Hülsbeck & Erik Lehmann, 2012.
"Regional competitiveness, university spillovers, and entrepreneurial activity,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 587-601, October.
- Audretsch, David B. & Hülsbeck, Marcel & Lehmann, Erik E., 2010. "Regional competitiveness, university spillovers and entrepreneurial activity," UO Working Papers 02-10, University of Augsburg, Chair of Management and Organization.
- Bart Leten & Paolo Landoni & Bart Van Looy, 2011. "Developing Technology in the Vicinity of Science: Do Firms Benefit? An Overview and Empirical Assessment on the Level of Italian Provinces," Chapters,in: Science and Innovation Policy for the New Knowledge Economy, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Luigi Aldieri & Michele Cincera, 2009.
"Geographic and technological R&D spillovers within the triad: micro evidence from US patents,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 196-211, April.
- Michele Cincera & Luigi Aldieri, 2006. "Geographic and technological R&D spillovers within the triad: micro evidence from US patents," DULBEA Working Papers 06-10.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Luigi Aldieri & Michele Cincera, 2009. "Geographic and technological R&D spillovers within the triad: Micro evidence from US patents," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/111934, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michele Cincera, 2007. "Geographic and Technological R&D spillovers within the Triad: Micro evidence from US patents," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/147173, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Aldieri, Luigi & Cincera, Michele, 2009. "Geographic and Technological R&D Spillovers within the Triad: Micro Evidence from US Patents," CEPR Discussion Papers 7113, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roderik Ponds & Frank van Oort & Koen Frenken, 2010.
"Innovation, spillovers and university--industry collaboration: an extended knowledge production function approach,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 231-255, March.
- Roderik Ponds & Frank van Oort & Koen Frenken, 2009. "Innovation, spillovers, and university-industry collaboration: An extended knowledge production function approach," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0903, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2009.
- Ruth Rama, 1996. "Empirical study on sources of innovation in international food and beverage industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 123-134.
- Tomas Del Barrio-Castro & Jose Garcia-Quevedo, 2005. "Effects of university research on the geography of innovation," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(9), pages 1217-1229.
- Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Toribio, MÂª Rosario, 2011. "The use of scientific knowledge by Spanish agrifood firms," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 507-516, August.
- Menrad, K., 2004. "Innovations in the food industry in Germany," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6-7), pages 845-878, September.
- Arias-Aranda, Daniel & Romerosa-Martínez, M. Mercedes, 2010. "Innovation in the functional foods industry in a peripheral region of the European Union: Andalusia (Spain)," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 240-246, June.
- Monjon, Stephanie & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2003. "Assessing spillovers from universities to firms: evidence from French firm-level data," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1255-1270, November.
- Robertson, Paul & Smith, Keith & von Tunzelmann, Nick, 2009. "Innovation in low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 441-446, April.
- Martijn J. Smit & Maria A. Abreu & Henri L.F. Groot, 2015.
"Micro-evidence on the determinants of innovation in the Netherlands: The relative importance of absorptive capacity and agglomeration externalities,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(2), pages 249-272, June.
- Martijn J. Smit & Maria A. Abreu & Henri L.F. de Groot, 2010. "Micro-Evidence on the Determinants of Innovation in The Netherlands: The Relative Importance of Absorptive Capacity and Agglomeration Externalities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-060/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cardamone Paola & Pupo Valeria & Ricotta Fernanda, 2015. "University Technology Transfer and Manufacturing Innovation: The Case of Italy," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 32(3), pages 297-322, May.
- Richard Carew, 2005. "Science Policy and Agricultural Biotechnology in Canada," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 300-316.
- Ángela Triguero & David Córcoles & María C. Cuerva, 2013. "Differences in Innovation Between Food and Manufacturing Firms: An Analysis of Persistence," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(3), pages 273-292, June.
- Edward M. Bergman, 2010. "Knowledge links between European universities and firms: A review," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 311-333, June.
- Robin, Stéphane & Schubert, Torben, 2013.
"Cooperation with public research institutions and success in innovation: Evidence from France and Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 149-166.
- Robin, Stéphane & Schubert, Torben, 2010. "Cooperation with public research institutions and success in innovation: Evidence from France and Germany," Discussion Papers "Innovation Systems and Policy Analysis" 24, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Maietta, Ornella Wanda, 2015. "Determinants of university–firm R&D collaboration and its impact on innovation: A perspective from a low-tech industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1341-1359.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard, 2012. "Spatial econometrics of innovation : Recent contributions and research perspectives," Post-Print halshs-00728205, HAL.
- Eom, Boo-Young & Lee, Keun, 2010. "Determinants of industry-academy linkages and, their impact on firm performance: The case of Korea as a latecomer in knowledge industrialization," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 625-639, June.
- David M. Drukker & Hua Peng & Ingmar Prucha & Rafal Raciborski, 2013. "Creating and managing spatial-weighting matrices with the spmat command," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 13(2), pages 242-286, June.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-640, June.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria & Marques, Rosane Argou & Silva, Evando Mirra de Paula e, 2013.
"University–industry collaboration and innovation in emergent and mature industries in new industrialized countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 443-453.
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas & Rosane Argou Marques & Evando Mirra de Paula E Silva, 2013. "University-Industry Collaboration and Innovation in Emergent and Mature Industries in New Industrialized Countries," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01487974, HAL.
- Oscar Alfranca & Ruth Rama & Nicholas von Tunzelmann, 2002. "A patent analysis of global food and beverage firms: The persistence of innovation," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 349-368.
- Autant-Bernard, Corinne, 2001. "Science and knowledge flows: evidence from the French case," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1069-1078, August.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13785 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giuliani, Elisa & Arza, Valeria, 2009. "What drives the formation of 'valuable' university-industry linkages?: Insights from the wine industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 906-921, July.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Audretsch, David B. & Feldman, Maryann P., 2004. "Knowledge spillovers and the geography of innovation," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 61, pages 2713-2739 Elsevier.
- Stefan Hirsch & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2013.
"Profit persistence in the food industry: evidence from five European countries,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 40(5), pages 741-759, December.
- Gschwandtner, Adelina & Hirsch, Stefan, 2011. "Profit Persistence in the Food Industry: Evidence from five European Countries," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114534, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Keld Laursen & Toke Reichstein & Ammon Salter, 2011. "Exploring the Effect of Geographical Proximity and University Quality on University-Industry Collaboration in the United Kingdom," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 507-523.
- Alfranca, Oscar & Rama, Ruth & von Tunzelmann, Nicholas, 2003. "Technological Fields And Concentration Of Innovation Among Food And Beverage Multinationals," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 5(02).
- Laursen, Keld & Salter, Ammon, 2004. "Searching high and low: what types of firms use universities as a source of innovation?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1201-1215, October.
- Jean D. Kinsey, 2001. "The New Food Economy: Consumers, Farms, Pharms, and Science," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1113-1130.
- Bottazzi, Laura & Peri, Giovanni, 2003.
"Innovation and spillovers in regions: Evidence from European patent data,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 687-710, August.
- Laura Bottazzi & Giovanni Peri, "undated". "Innovation and Spillovers in Regions: Evidence from European Patent Data," Working Papers 215, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Nora Sydow & Martin Woerter, 2008. "Is there any Impact of University–Industry Knowledge Transfer on Innovation and Productivity? An Empirical Analysis Based on Swiss Firm Data," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(2), pages 77-94, March.
- Fritsch, Michael & Franke, Grit, 2004. "Innovation, regional knowledge spillovers and R&D cooperation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 245-255, March.
- Hartmut Hirsch-Kreinsen & David Jacobson & Paul Robertson, 2006. "'Low-tech' Industries: Innovativeness and Development Perspectives—A Summary of a European Research Project," Prometheus, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 3-21.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard, 2012. "Spatial Econometrics of Innovation: Recent Contributions and Research Perspectives," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 403-419, December.
More about this item
KeywordsUniversities; Technology transfer; Food firms; Innovation; Spillovers;
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2016-02-12 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EDU-2016-02-12 (Education)
- NEP-EFF-2016-02-12 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2016-02-12 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-INO-2016-02-12 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2016-02-12 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clb:wpaper:201602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Dodero). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decalit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.