Exploring The Relationship Between University And Innovation: Evidence From The Italian Food Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hans Lööf & Anders Broström, 2008.
"Does knowledge diffusion between university and industry increase innovativeness?,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Lööf, Hans & Broström, Anders, 2004. "Does Knowledge Diffusion between University and Industry Increase Innovativeness?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 21, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies, revised 26 Jan 2006.
- David Audretsch & Marcel Hülsbeck & Erik Lehmann, 2012.
"Regional competitiveness, university spillovers, and entrepreneurial activity,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 587-601, October.
- Audretsch, David B. & Hülsbeck, Marcel & Lehmann, Erik E., 2010. "Regional competitiveness, university spillovers and entrepreneurial activity," UO Working Papers 02-10, University of Augsburg, Chair of Management and Organization.
- Bart Leten & Paolo Landoni & Bart Van Looy, 2011. "Developing Technology in the Vicinity of Science: Do Firms Benefit? An Overview and Empirical Assessment on the Level of Italian Provinces," Chapters,in: Science and Innovation Policy for the New Knowledge Economy, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Luigi Aldieri & Michele Cincera, 2009.
"Geographic and technological R&D spillovers within the triad: micro evidence from US patents,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 196-211, April.
- Michele Cincera & Luigi Aldieri, 2006. "Geographic and technological R&D spillovers within the triad: micro evidence from US patents," DULBEA Working Papers 06-10.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Luigi Aldieri & Michele Cincera, 2009. "Geographic and technological R&D spillovers within the triad: Micro evidence from US patents," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/111934, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michele Cincera, 2007. "Geographic and Technological R&D spillovers within the Triad: Micro evidence from US patents," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/147173, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Aldieri, Luigi & Cincera, Michele, 2009. "Geographic and Technological R&D Spillovers within the Triad: Micro Evidence from US Patents," CEPR Discussion Papers 7113, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roderik Ponds & Frank van Oort & Koen Frenken, 2010.
"Innovation, spillovers and university--industry collaboration: an extended knowledge production function approach,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 231-255, March.
- Roderik Ponds & Frank van Oort & Koen Frenken, 2009. "Innovation, spillovers, and university-industry collaboration: An extended knowledge production function approach," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0903, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2009.
- Ruth Rama, 1996. "Empirical study on sources of innovation in international food and beverage industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 123-134.
- Tomas Del Barrio-Castro & Jose Garcia-Quevedo, 2005. "Effects of university research on the geography of innovation," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(9), pages 1217-1229.
- Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Toribio, MÂª Rosario, 2011. "The use of scientific knowledge by Spanish agrifood firms," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 507-516, August.
- Menrad, K., 2004. "Innovations in the food industry in Germany," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6-7), pages 845-878, September.
- Arias-Aranda, Daniel & Romerosa-Martínez, M. Mercedes, 2010. "Innovation in the functional foods industry in a peripheral region of the European Union: Andalusia (Spain)," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 240-246, June.
- Monjon, Stephanie & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2003. "Assessing spillovers from universities to firms: evidence from French firm-level data," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1255-1270, November.
- Robertson, Paul & Smith, Keith & von Tunzelmann, Nick, 2009. "Innovation in low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 441-446, April.
- Martijn J. Smit & Maria A. Abreu & Henri L.F. Groot, 2015.
"Micro-evidence on the determinants of innovation in the Netherlands: The relative importance of absorptive capacity and agglomeration externalities,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(2), pages 249-272, June.
- Martijn J. Smit & Maria A. Abreu & Henri L.F. de Groot, 2010. "Micro-Evidence on the Determinants of Innovation in The Netherlands: The Relative Importance of Absorptive Capacity and Agglomeration Externalities," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-060/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cardamone Paola & Pupo Valeria & Ricotta Fernanda, 2015. "University Technology Transfer and Manufacturing Innovation: The Case of Italy," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 32(3), pages 297-322, May.
- Richard Carew, 2005. "Science Policy and Agricultural Biotechnology in Canada," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 300-316.
- Ángela Triguero & David Córcoles & María C. Cuerva, 2013. "Differences in Innovation Between Food and Manufacturing Firms: An Analysis of Persistence," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(3), pages 273-292, June.
- Edward M. Bergman, 2010. "Knowledge links between European universities and firms: A review," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 311-333, June.
- Robin, Stéphane & Schubert, Torben, 2013.
"Cooperation with public research institutions and success in innovation: Evidence from France and Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 149-166.
- Robin, Stéphane & Schubert, Torben, 2010. "Cooperation with public research institutions and success in innovation: Evidence from France and Germany," Discussion Papers "Innovation Systems and Policy Analysis" 24, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Maietta, Ornella Wanda, 2015. "Determinants of university–firm R&D collaboration and its impact on innovation: A perspective from a low-tech industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1341-1359.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard, 2012. "Spatial econometrics of innovation : Recent contributions and research perspectives," Post-Print halshs-00728205, HAL.
- Eom, Boo-Young & Lee, Keun, 2010. "Determinants of industry-academy linkages and, their impact on firm performance: The case of Korea as a latecomer in knowledge industrialization," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 625-639, June.
- David M. Drukker & Hua Peng & Ingmar Prucha & Rafal Raciborski, 2013. "Creating and managing spatial-weighting matrices with the spmat command," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 13(2), pages 242-286, June.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-640, June.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria & Marques, Rosane Argou & Silva, Evando Mirra de Paula e, 2013.
"University–industry collaboration and innovation in emergent and mature industries in new industrialized countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 443-453.
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas & Rosane Argou Marques & Evando Mirra de Paula E Silva, 2013. "University-Industry Collaboration and Innovation in Emergent and Mature Industries in New Industrialized Countries," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01487974, HAL.
- Oscar Alfranca & Ruth Rama & Nicholas von Tunzelmann, 2002. "A patent analysis of global food and beverage firms: The persistence of innovation," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 349-368.
- Autant-Bernard, Corinne, 2001. "Science and knowledge flows: evidence from the French case," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1069-1078, August.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13785 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giuliani, Elisa & Arza, Valeria, 2009. "What drives the formation of 'valuable' university-industry linkages?: Insights from the wine industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 906-921, July.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Audretsch, David B. & Feldman, Maryann P., 2004. "Knowledge spillovers and the geography of innovation," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 61, pages 2713-2739 Elsevier.
- Stefan Hirsch & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2013.
"Profit persistence in the food industry: evidence from five European countries,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 40(5), pages 741-759, December.
- Gschwandtner, Adelina & Hirsch, Stefan, 2011. "Profit Persistence in the Food Industry: Evidence from five European Countries," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114534, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Keld Laursen & Toke Reichstein & Ammon Salter, 2011. "Exploring the Effect of Geographical Proximity and University Quality on University-Industry Collaboration in the United Kingdom," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 507-523.
- Alfranca, Oscar & Rama, Ruth & von Tunzelmann, Nicholas, 2003. "Technological Fields And Concentration Of Innovation Among Food And Beverage Multinationals," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 5(02).
- Laursen, Keld & Salter, Ammon, 2004. "Searching high and low: what types of firms use universities as a source of innovation?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1201-1215, October.
- Jean D. Kinsey, 2001. "The New Food Economy: Consumers, Farms, Pharms, and Science," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1113-1130.
- Bottazzi, Laura & Peri, Giovanni, 2003.
"Innovation and spillovers in regions: Evidence from European patent data,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 687-710, August.
- Laura Bottazzi & Giovanni Peri, "undated". "Innovation and Spillovers in Regions: Evidence from European Patent Data," Working Papers 215, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Nora Sydow & Martin Woerter, 2008. "Is there any Impact of University–Industry Knowledge Transfer on Innovation and Productivity? An Empirical Analysis Based on Swiss Firm Data," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 32(2), pages 77-94, March.
- Fritsch, Michael & Franke, Grit, 2004. "Innovation, regional knowledge spillovers and R&D cooperation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 245-255, March.
- Hartmut Hirsch-Kreinsen & David Jacobson & Paul Robertson, 2006. "'Low-tech' Industries: Innovativeness and Development Perspectives—A Summary of a European Research Project," Prometheus, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 3-21.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard, 2012. "Spatial Econometrics of Innovation: Recent Contributions and Research Perspectives," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 403-419, December.
More about this item
KeywordsUniversities; Technology transfer; Food firms; Innovation; Spillovers;
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2016-02-12 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EDU-2016-02-12 (Education)
- NEP-EFF-2016-02-12 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2016-02-12 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-INO-2016-02-12 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2016-02-12 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clb:wpaper:201602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giovanni Dodero). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decalit.html .