Carbon-sensitive Meta-Productivity Growth and Technological Gap: An Empirical Analysis of Indian Thermal Power Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Du, Limin & Hanley, Aoife & Zhang, Ning, 2016. "Environmental technical efficiency, technology gap and shadow price of coal-fuelled power plants in China: A parametric meta-frontier analysis," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 14-32.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2016.
"Carbon-sensitive productivity, climate and institutions,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 109-133, February.
- Surender Kumar & Shunsuke Managi, 2014. "Carbon sensitive productivity, climate and institutions," Working Papers SDES-2014-15, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Nov 2014.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Noh, Dong-Woon & Weber, William, 2005. "Characteristics of a polluting technology: theory and practice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 469-492, June.
- Rolf Färe & Carlos Martins-Filho & Michael Vardanyan, 2010.
"On functional form representation of multi-output production technologies,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 81-96, April.
- R. Fare & C. Martins-Filho & M. Vardanyan, 2010. "On functional form representation of multi-output production technologies," Post-Print hal-00800130, HAL.
- Jia-Ching Juo & Yu-Hui Lin & Tsai-Chia Chen, 2015. "Productivity change of Taiwanese farmers’ credit unions: a nonparametric metafrontier Malmquist–Luenberger productivity indicator," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 23(1), pages 125-147, March.
- Russell W. Pittman, 1981. "Issue in Pollution Control: Interplant Cost Differences and Economies of Scale," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(1), pages 1-17.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Weber, William L., 2006. "Shadow prices and pollution costs in U.S. agriculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 89-103, January.
- Yujiro Hayami, 1969. "Sources of Agricultural Productivity Gap Among Selected Countries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 51(3), pages 564-575.
- Pooran Lall & Allen Featherstone & David Norman, 2002. "Productivity Growth in the Western Hemisphere (1978–94): The Caribbean in Perspective," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 213-231, May.
- George Battese & D. Rao & Christopher O'Donnell, 2004. "A Metafrontier Production Function for Estimation of Technical Efficiencies and Technology Gaps for Firms Operating Under Different Technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 91-103, January.
- Yang, Hongliang & Pollitt, Michael, 2009.
"Incorporating both undesirable outputs and uncontrollable variables into DEA: The performance of Chinese coal-fired power plants,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 197(3), pages 1095-1105, September.
- Yang, H. & Pollitt, M., 2007. "Incorporating Both Undesirable Outputs and Uncontrollable Variables into DEA: the Performance of Chinese Coal-Fired Power Plants," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0733, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hongliang Yang & Michael Pollitt, 2007. "Incorporating both Undesirable Outputs and Uncontrollable Variables into DEA: the performance of Chinese Coal-Fired Power Plants," Working Papers EPRG 0712, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- M. Murty & Surender Kumar & Kishore Dhavala, 2007.
"Measuring environmental efficiency of industry: a case study of thermal power generation in India,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 31-50, September.
- M N, Murty & Kumar, Surender & Dhavala, Kishore, 2006. "Measuring Environmental Efficiency of Industry: A Case Study of Thermal Power Generation in India," MPRA Paper 1693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Willam Greene, 2005.
"Fixed and Random Effects in Stochastic Frontier Models,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 7-32, January.
- William Greene, 2002. "Fixed and Random Effects in Stochastic Frontier Models," Working Papers 02-16, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Wang,Hung-Jen & Horncastle,Alan P., 2015.
"A Practitioner's Guide to Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using Stata,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107029514, July - De.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Wang,Hung-Jen & Horncastle,Alan P., 2015. "A Practitioner's Guide to Stochastic Frontier Analysis Using Stata," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107609464, July - De.
- Surender Kumar & Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi, 2015.
"Substitute or complement? Assessing renewable and nonrenewable energy in OECD countries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(14), pages 1438-1459, March.
- Surender Kumar & Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi, 2014. "Substitute or complement? Assessing renewable and non-renewable energy in OCED countries," Working Papers SDES-2014-8, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Oct 2014.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Cliff Huang & Tai-Hsin Huang & Nan-Hung Liu, 2014. "A new approach to estimating the metafrontier production function based on a stochastic frontier framework," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 241-254, December.
- Lin, Boqiang & Du, Kerui, 2013. "Technology gap and China's regional energy efficiency: A parametric metafrontier approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 529-536.
- Chen, Yi-Yi & Schmidt, Peter & Wang, Hung-Jen, 2014. "Consistent estimation of the fixed effects stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 65-76.
- Chen, Zhuo & Song, Shunfeng, 2008.
"Efficiency and technology gap in China's agriculture: A regional meta-frontier analysis,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 287-296, June.
- Zhuo Chen & Shunfeng Song, 2006. "Efficiency and Technology Gap in China's Agriculture: A Regional META-Frontier Analysis," Working Papers 06-005, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics;University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Jean-Philippe Boussemart & Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Jean-Christophe Poutineau, 2003.
"Luenberger and Malmquist Productivity Indices: Theoretical Comparisons and Empirical Illustration,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 391-405, October.
- Jean-Christophe Poutineau & W. Briec & J.-P. Boussemart & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2003. "Luenberger and Malmquist Productivity Indices: Theoretical Comparisons and Empirical Illustration," Post-Print halshs-00068813, HAL.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika & Ueno, Takahiro, 2010. "Performance analysis of US coal-fired power plants by measuring three DEA efficiencies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1675-1688, April.
- Víctor Moreira & Boris Bravo-Ureta, 2010. "Technical efficiency and metatechnology ratios for dairy farms in three southern cone countries: a stochastic meta-frontier model," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 33-45, February.
- Wang, Hung-Jen & Ho, Chia-Wen, 2010.
"Estimating fixed-effect panel stochastic frontier models by model transformation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(2), pages 286-296, August.
- Wang, Hung-Jen & Ho, Chia-Wen, 2009. "Estimating fixed-effect panel stochastic frontier models by model transformation," MPRA Paper 31081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, Vernon W, 1970.
"Agricultural Productivity Differences Among Countries,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 60(5), pages 895-911, December.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, V.W., 1971. "Agricultural Productivity Differences Among Countries," Conference Papers 260195, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics.
- Wei, Chu & Löschel, Andreas & Liu, Bing, 2013. "An empirical analysis of the CO2 shadow price in Chinese thermal power enterprises," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 22-31.
- Christopher O’Donnell & D. Rao & George Battese, 2008. "Metafrontier frameworks for the study of firm-level efficiencies and technology ratios," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 231-255, March.
- Huang, Tai-Hsin & Chiang, Dien-Lin & Tsai, Chao-Min, 2015. "Applying the New Metafrontier Directional Distance Function to Compare Banking Efficiencies in Central and Eastern European Countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 188-199.
- Greene, William, 2005. "Reconsidering heterogeneity in panel data estimators of the stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 269-303, June.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Energy price-induced and exogenous technological change: Assessing the economic and environmental outcomes," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 334-353, November.
More about this item
KeywordsCarbon-sensitive productivity; Luenberger productivity indicator; Stochastic meta-frontier; Indian thermal power plants;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2019-04-08 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2019-04-08 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2019-04-08 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cde:cdewps:297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sanjeev Sharma). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdudein.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.