Shadow Price of CO 2 Emissions in Indian Thermal Power Sector
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rakesh Kumar Jain & Surender Kumar, 2018. "Shadow price of CO2 emissions in Indian thermal power sector," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 20(4), pages 879-902, October.
- Rakesh Kumar Jain & Surender Kumar, 2018. "Shadow Price of CO2 Emissions in Indian Thermal Power Sector," Working papers 287, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parikh, Jyoti & Panda, Manoj & Ganesh-Kumar, A. & Singh, Vinay, 2009. "CO2 emissions structure of Indian economy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1024-1031.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1990. "A distance function approach to price efficiency," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 123-126, October.
- Park, Hojeong & Lim, Jaekyu, 2009. "Valuation of marginal CO2 abatement options for electric power plants in Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1834-1841, May.
- Rolf Färe & Carlos Martins-Filho & Michael Vardanyan, 2010.
"On functional form representation of multi-output production technologies,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 81-96, April.
- R. Fare & C. Martins-Filho & M. Vardanyan, 2010. "On functional form representation of multi-output production technologies," Post-Print hal-00800130, HAL.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Mainul Huq & David Wheeler & Chonghua Zhang, 2001.
"Water pollution abatement by Chinese industry: cost estimates and policy implications,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 547-557.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Huq, Minul & Wheeler, David & Chonghua Zhang, 1996. "Water pollution abatement by Chinese industry : cost estimates and policy implications," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1630, The World Bank.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Weber, William L., 2006. "Shadow prices and pollution costs in U.S. agriculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 89-103, January.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Huq, Mainul & Pargal, Sheoli & Wheeler, David, 1996. "Determinants of pollution abatement in developing countries: Evidence from South and Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1891-1904, December.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:68:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0046-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Hei Sing (Ron) Chan & Maureen L. Cropper & Kabir Malik, 2014. "Why Are Power Plants in India Less Efficient Than Power Plants in the United States?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(5), pages 586-590, May.
- Manish Gupta, 2006. "Costs of Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions: A Case Study of India’s Power Generation Sector," Working Papers 2006.147, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Coggins, Jay S. & Swinton, John R., 1996.
"The Price of Pollution: A Dual Approach to Valuing SO2Allowances,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 58-72, January.
- Coggins, Jay S. & Swinton, John R., 1994. "The Price of Pollution: A Dual Approach to Valuing SO2 Allowances," Staff Papers 200581, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- JAY S. COGGINS & John R. Swinton, 1994. "The Price of Pollution: A Dual Approach to Valuing SO2 Allowances," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 378, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2010. "Sulfur dioxide allowances: Trading and technological progress," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 623-631, January.
- Zhou, X. & Fan, L.W. & Zhou, P., 2015. "Marginal CO2 abatement costs: Findings from alternative shadow price estimates for Shanghai industrial sectors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 109-117.
- Joskow, Paul L & Schmalensee, Richard, 1987.
"The Performance of Coal-Burning Electric Generating Units in the United States: 1960-1980,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(2), pages 85-109, April.
- Paul L. Joskow & Richard Schmalensee, 1985. "The Performance of Coal-Burning Electric Generating Units in the United States: 1960-1980," Working papers 379, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Kyohei Matsushita & Kota Asano, 2014. "Reducing CO 2 emissions of Japanese thermal power companies: a directional output distance function approach," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 16(1), pages 1-19, January.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:106-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gollop, Frank M & Roberts, Mark J, 1985.
"Cost-minimizing Regulation of Sulfur Emissions: Regional Gains in Electric Power,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 81-90, February.
- Frank M. Gollop & Mark. J. Roberts, 1983. "Cost-Minimizing Regulation of Sulfur Emissions: Regional Gains in Electric Power," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 119, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Managi, Shunsuke, 2015. "Optimal production resource reallocation for CO2 emissions reduction in manufacturing sectors," MPRA Paper 64703, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wei, Chu & Löschel, Andreas & Liu, Bing, 2013. "An empirical analysis of the CO2 shadow price in Chinese thermal power enterprises," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 22-31.
- Surender Kumar & Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi, 2015. "Substitute or complement? Assessing renewable and nonrenewable energy in OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(14), pages 1438-1459, March.
- M. Murty & Surender Kumar & Kishore Dhavala, 2007.
"Measuring environmental efficiency of industry: a case study of thermal power generation in India,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 31-50, September.
- M N, Murty & Kumar, Surender & Dhavala, Kishore, 2006. "Measuring Environmental Efficiency of Industry: A Case Study of Thermal Power Generation in India," MPRA Paper 1693, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:joptap:v:98:y:1998:i:2:d:10.1023_a:1022637501082 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Noh, Dong-Woon & Weber, William, 2005. "Characteristics of a polluting technology: theory and practice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 469-492, June.
- John R. Swinton, 2002. "The Potential for Cost Savings in the Sulfur Dioxide Allowance Market: Empirical Evidence from Florida," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(3), pages 390-404.
- Russell W. Pittman, 1981. "Issue in Pollution Control: Interplant Cost Differences and Economies of Scale," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(1), pages 1-17.
- Gupta, Manish, 2006. "Costs of Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions: A Case Study of India's Power Generation Sector," Climate Change Modelling and Policy Working Papers 12038, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Bowen Xiao & Dongxiao Niu & Han Wu & Haichao Wang, 2017. "Marginal Abatement Cost of CO 2 in China Based on Directional Distance Function: An Industry Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Lee, Sang-choon & Oh, Dong-hyun & Lee, Jeong-dong, 2014. "A new approach to measuring shadow price: Reconciling engineering and economic perspectives," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 66-77.
- Zhou, P. & Zhou, X. & Fan, L.W., 2014. "On estimating shadow prices of undesirable outputs with efficiency models: A literature review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 799-806.
- Johnstone, Nick & Managi, Shunsuke & Rodríguez, Miguel Cárdenas & Haščič, Ivan & Fujii, Hidemichi & Souchier, Martin, 2017.
"Environmental policy design, innovation and efficiency gains in electricity generation,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 106-115.
- Nick Johnstone & Shunsuke Managi & Miguel Cárdenas Rodríguez & Ivan Haščič & Hidemichi Fujii & Martin Souchier, 2016. "Environmental Policy Design, Innovation And Efficiency Gains In Electricity Generation," OECD Environment Working Papers 104, OECD Publishing.
- Ke Wang & Linan Che & Chunbo Ma & Yi-Ming Wei, 2017. "The Shadow Price of CO2 Emissions in China's Iron and Steel Industry," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 105, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Yagi, Michiyuki & Hidemichi, Fujii & Hoang, Vincent & Managi, Shunsuke, 2015. "Environmental efficiency of energy, materials, and emissions," MPRA Paper 65358, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCO2 emissions; shadow price; directional distance function; thermal power plants; India;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Adoption and Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:12791. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.