International Medium of Exchange: Privilege and Duty
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ryan Chahrour & Rosen Valchev, 2018. "International Medium of Exchange: Privilege and Duty," 2018 Meeting Papers 317, Society for Economic Dynamics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gita Gopinath & Emine Boz & Camila Casas & Federico J. Díez & Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Mikkel Plagborg-Møller, 2020. "Dominant Currency Paradigm," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 110(3), pages 677-719, March.
- Mathieu Taschereau-Dumouchel & Edouard Schaal, 2015. "Coordinating Business Cycles," 2015 Meeting Papers 178, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Niepmann, Friederike & Schmidt-Eisenlohr, Tim, 2017.
"International trade, risk and the role of banks,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 111-126.
- Friederike Niepmann & Tim Schmidt-Eisenlohr, 2013. "International Trade, Risk and the Role of Banks," Staff Reports 633, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Nov 2014.
- Friederike Niepmann & Tim Schmidt-Eisenlohr, 2015. "International Trade Risk and the Role of Banks," International Finance Discussion Papers 1151, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 16 Nov 2015.
- Marcela Eslava & James Tybout & David Jinkins & C. Krizan & Jonathan Eaton, 2015. "A Search and Learning Model of Export Dynamics," 2015 Meeting Papers 1535, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- James Tybout & David Jinkins & Daniel Yi Xu & Jonathan Eaton, 2016. "Two-sided Search in International Markets," 2016 Meeting Papers 973, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Linda S. Goldberg, . "The international role of the dollar: Does it matter if this changes?," Staff Reports, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konstantin Egorov & Dmitry Mukhin, 2019. "Optimal Monetary Policy under Dollar Pricing," 2019 Meeting Papers 1510, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Maggiori, Matteo & Neiman, Brent & Schreger, Jesse, 2018. "International Currencies and Capital Allocation," CEPR Discussion Papers 12973, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vania Stavrakeva & Jenny Tang, 2018. "The dollar during the global recession: US monetary policy and the exorbitant duty," Working Papers 18-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, revised 01 Oct 2018.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Hélène Rey & Maxime Sauzet, 2019. "The International Monetary and Financial System," NBER Working Papers 25782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- farhi, emmanuel & Maggiori, Matteo, 2019. "China vs. U.S.: IMS Meets IPS," CEPR Discussion Papers 13453, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gita Gopinath & Jeremy C. Stein, 2018. "Banking, Trade, and the making of a Dominant Currency," NBER Working Papers 24485, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matteo Maggiori & Brent Neiman & Jesse Schreger, 2019.
"The Rise of the Dollar and Fall of the Euro as International Currencies,"
AEA Papers and Proceedings,
American Economic Association, vol. 109, pages 521-526, May.
- Maggiori, Matteo & Neiman, Brent & Schreger, Jesse, 2018. "The Rise of the Dollar and Fall of the Euro as International Currencies," CEPR Discussion Papers 13410, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matteo Maggiori & Brent Neiman & Jesse Schreger, 2018. "The Rise of the Dollar and Fall of the Euro as International Currencies," NBER Working Papers 25410, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eren, Egemen & Malamud, Semyon, 2018. "Dominant Currency Debt," CEPR Discussion Papers 13391, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Egemen Eren & Semyon Malamud, 2019. "Dominant currency debt," BIS Working Papers 783, Bank for International Settlements.
- Rosen Valchev, 2017. "Bond Convenience Yields and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 943, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Liu, Tao & Lu, Dong & Woo, Wing Thye, 2019. "Trade, finance and international currency," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 374-413.
More about this item
KeywordsHome Bias; Information Choice; Portfolio Choice; Dynamics;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boc:bocoec:934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debocus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.