Confirmatory factor analysis in Stata
I will present a set of routines to conduct a one-factor confirmatory factor analysis in Stata. The use of Mata in programming will be highlighted. Corrections for non-normality, as common in the structural equation modeling literature, will be demonstrated. Indications for further development into multifactor models and, eventually, structural equation models, will be given.
|Date of creation:||23 Jul 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.stata.com/meeting/5nasug|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicholas J. Cox, 2008. "Speaking Stata: Correlation with conﬁdence, or Fisher's z revisited," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(3), pages 413-439, September.
- William Gould, 2001. "Statistical software certification," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 1(1), pages 29-50, November.
- Karl Jöreskog & Arthur Goldberger, 1972. "Factor analysis by generalized least squares," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 243-260, September.
- David Grayson & Herbert Marsh, 1994. "Identification with deficient rank loading matrices in confirmatory factor analysis: Multitrait-multimethod models," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 121-134, March.
- Ledyard Tucker & Charles Lewis, 1973. "A reliability coefficient for maximum likelihood factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 38(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Albert Satorra, 1990. "Robustness issues in structural equation modeling: a review of recent developments," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 367-386, November.
- Kenneth A. Bollen & Robert A. Stine, 1992. "Bootstrapping Goodness-of-Fit Measures in Structural Equation Models," Sociological Methods & Research, SAGE Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 205-229, November.
- Sophia Rabe-Hesketh & Anders Skrondal & Andrew Pickles, 2002. "Reliable estimation of generalized linear mixed models using adaptive quadrature," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boc:asug06:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.