A Simple Model of Aggregate Pension Expenditure
This paper develops a simple model that can be used to analyze the long-term sustainability of the contributive pension system and the steady-state response of pension expenditure to changes in some key demographic and economic variables, in the characteristics of the average pensioner and in the parameters that describe how pensions are calculated in Spain as a function of workers' Social Security contribution histories.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27, 08005 Barcelona|
Phone: +34 93 542-1222
Fax: +34 93 542-1223
Web page: http://www.barcelonagse.eu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joan Gil & Miguel-Ángel López-García & Jorge Onrubia & Concepción Patxot & Guadalupe Souto, .
"A Projection Model Of The Contributory Pension Expenditure Of The Spanish Social Security System: 2004-2050,"
30-06 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Joan Gil & Miguel Angel López García & Jorge Onrubia & Cío Patxot & Guadalupe Souto, 2007. "A projection model of the contributory pension expenditure of the spanish social security system: 2004-2050," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 182(3), pages 75-116, September.
- J. Ignacio Conde-Rui & Javier Alonso, . "El futuro de las pensiones en España: Perspectivas y lecciones," Working Papers 2004-03, FEDEA.
- Rafael Domenech & Angel Melguizo, 2009.
"Projecting Pension Expenditures in Spain: On Uncertainty,Communication and Transparency,"
0911, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Rafael Domenech & Ángel Melguizo, 2008. "Projecting Pension Expenditures in Spain: On Uncertainty, Communication and Transparency," Working Papers 0803, International Economics Institute, University of Valencia.
- Jimeno, Juan F. & Rojas, Juan A. & Puente, Sergio, 2008.
"Modelling the impact of aging on social security expenditures,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 201-224, March.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Juan A. Rojas & Sergio Puente, 2006. "Modeling the impact of aging on social security expenditures," Occasional Papers 0601, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Angel De la Fuente & Rafael Domenech, 2012.
"The financial impact of Spanish pension reform. A quick estimate,"
1212, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- De La Fuente, Angel & Doménech, Rafael, 2013. "The financial impact of Spanish pension reform: A quick estimate," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 111-137, January.
- Aranzazu Crespo & Marcel Jansen, 2014. "The Role of Global Value Chains during the Crisis: Evidence from Spanish and European Firms," Working Papers 2014-09, FEDEA.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Doménech, 2011.
"The Impact of Spanish Pension Reform on Expenditure: a Quick Estimate,"
542, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Angel De la Fuente & Rafael Domenech, 2011. "The impact of Spanish pension reform on expenditure: A quick estimate," Working Papers 1112, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Javier Alonso Meseguer & José A. Herce, . "Balance del sistema de pensiones y boom migratorio en España. Proyecciones del modelo MODPENS de FEDEA a 2050," Working Papers 2003-02, FEDEA.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bge:wpaper:553. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.