A Simple Model of Aggregate Pension Expenditure
This paper develops a simple model that can be used to analyze the long-term sustainability of the contributive pension system and the steady-state response of pension expenditure to changes in some key demographic and economic variables, in the characteristics of the average pensioner and in the parameters that describe how pensions are calculated in Spain as a function of workers' Social Security contribution histories.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 93 542-1222
Fax: +34 93 542-1223
Web page: http://www.barcelonagse.eu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angel De la Fuente & Rafael Domenech, 2011.
"The impact of Spanish pension reform on expenditure: A quick estimate,"
1112, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Doménech, 2011. "The Impact of Spanish Pension Reform on Expenditure: a Quick Estimate," Working Papers 542, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- De La Fuente, Angel & Doménech, Rafael, 2013.
"The financial impact of Spanish pension reform: A quick estimate,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 111-137, January.
- Angel De la Fuente & Rafael Domenech, 2012. "The financial impact of Spanish pension reform. A quick estimate," Working Papers 1212, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Rafael Domenech & Ángel Melguizo, 2008.
"Projecting Pension Expenditures in Spain: On Uncertainty, Communication and Transparency,"
0803, International Economics Institute, University of Valencia.
- Rafael Domenech & Angel Melguizo, 2009. "Projecting Pension Expenditures in Spain: On Uncertainty,Communication and Transparency," Working Papers 0911, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Juan A. Rojas & Sergio Puente, 2006.
"Modeling the impact of aging on social security expenditures,"
Banco de Espa�a Occasional Papers
0601, Banco de Espa�a.
- Jimeno, Juan F. & Rojas, Juan A. & Puente, Sergio, 2008. "Modelling the impact of aging on social security expenditures," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 201-224, March.
- Joan Gil & Miguel-Ángel López-García & Jorge Onrubia & Concepción Patxot & Guadalupe Souto, .
"A Projection Model Of The Contributory Pension Expenditure Of The Spanish Social Security System: 2004-2050,"
30-06 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Joan Gil & Miguel Angel López García & Jorge Onrubia & Cío Patxot & Guadalupe Souto, 2007. "A projection model of the contributory pension expenditure of the spanish social security system: 2004-2050," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 182(3), pages 75-116, September.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467.
- repec:fda:fdaddt:2003-02 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fda:fdaddt:2004-03 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bge:wpaper:553. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.