Quantitative reduction in retirement benefits by the 2011 Spanish Social Security reform
The aim of this paper is to analyse the effect of the recent Social Security reform on public retirement benefits. The main measures af- fecting the calculation of pensions are: 1) extension of the retirement age from 65 to 67 years, 2) changes in covered earnings of the retirement pension, 3) changes in the weighting factor associated with the number of years of contributions to the system at date of retirement and 4) changes in the early retirement rules. The study distinguishes three group of pensioners and compares be- tween previous pension (benchmark pension) and the pension calculated under the new legislation. The reduction in public retirement benefits ranges between 0% and 16% depending on wages and the number of years of contributions at the time of retirement.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Espai de Recerca en Economia, Facultat de CiÃ¨ncies EconÃ²miques. Tinent Coronel Valenzuela, Num 1-11 08034 Barcelona. Spain.|
Phone: +34 93 402 43 13cazza
Web page: http://www.ere.ub.es
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joan Gil & Miguel Angel López García & Jorge Onrubia & Cío Patxot & Guadalupe Souto, 2007.
"A projection model of the contributory pension expenditure of the spanish social security system: 2004-2050,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 182(3), pages 75-116, September.
- Joan Gil & Miguel-Ángel López-García & Jorge Onrubia & Concepción Patxot & Guadalupe Souto, . "A Projection Model Of The Contributory Pension Expenditure Of The Spanish Social Security System: 2004-2050," Working Papers 30-06 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Carlos Vidal-Meliá & María del Carmen Boado-Penas & Ole Settergren, 2009. "Automatic Balance Mechanisms in Pay-As-You-Go Pension Systems," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(2), pages 287-317, April.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Juan A. Rojas & Sergio Puente, 2006.
"Modeling the impact of aging on social security expenditures,"
0601, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- Jimeno, Juan F. & Rojas, Juan A. & Puente, Sergio, 2008. "Modelling the impact of aging on social security expenditures," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 201-224, March.
- Javier Alonso Meseguer & José A. Herce, . "Balance del sistema de pensiones y boom migratorio en España. Proyecciones del modelo MODPENS de FEDEA a 2050," Working Papers 2003-02, FEDEA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bar:bedcje:2012281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.