The predictive content of business survey indicators: evidence from SIGE
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tatiana Cesaroni & Stefano Iezzi, 2017. "The Predictive Content of Business Survey Indicators: Evidence from SIGE," Journal of Business Cycle Research, Springer;Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys (CIRET), vol. 13(1), pages 75-104, May.
- Tiziana Cesaroni & Stefano Iezzi, 2015. "The Predictive Content of Business Survey Indicators: evidence from SIGE," Working Papers LuissLab 15118, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cesaroni, Tatiana & Maccini, Louis & Malgarini, Marco, 2011.
"Business cycle stylized facts and inventory behaviour: New evidence for the Euro area,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 12-24, September.
- Tatiana Cesaroni & Louis Maccini & Marco Malgarini, 2009. "Business cycle volatility and inventories behavior:new evidence for the Euro Area," ISAE Working Papers 108, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Marcelle Chauvet & Simon Potter, 2005. "Forecasting recessions using the yield curve," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 77-103.
- Dean Croushore & Tom Stark, 2003.
"A Real-Time Data Set for Macroeconomists: Does the Data Vintage Matter?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(3), pages 605-617, August.
- Dean Croushore & Tom Stark, 1999. "A real-time data set for marcoeconomists: does the data vintage matter?," Working Papers 99-21, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Harding, Don & Pagan, Adrian, 2002.
"Dissecting the cycle: a methodological investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 365-381, March.
- Don Harding & Adrian Pagan, 2000. "Disecting the Cycle: A Methodological Investigation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1164, Econometric Society.
- Giancarlo Bruno & Claudio Lupi, 2004.
"Forecasting industrial production and the early detection of turning points,"
Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 647-671, September.
- Bruno Giancarlo & Lupi Claudio, 2001. "Forecasting Industrial Production and the Early Detection of Turning POints," ISAE Working Papers 20, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Bruno, Giancarlo & Lupi, Claudio, 2003. "Forecasting Industrial Production and the Early Detection of Turning Points," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp03004, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Giancarlo Bruno & Claudio Lupi, 2001. "Forecasting Industrial Production and the Early Detection of Turning Points," Econometrics 0110004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Dueker, 2005.
"Dynamic Forecasts of Qualitative Variables: A Qual VAR Model of U.S. Recessions,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 96-104, January.
- Michael J. Dueker, 2003. "Dynamic forecasts of qualitative variables: a Qual VAR model of U.S. recessions," Working Papers 2001-012, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bergstrom, Reinhold, 1995. "The relationship between manufacturing production and different business survey series in Sweden 1968-;1992," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 379-393, September.
- Abberger, Klaus, 2007.
"Qualitative business surveys and the assessment of employment -- A case study for Germany,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 249-258.
- Klaus Abberger, 2005. "Qualitative Business Surveys and the Assessment of Employment A Case Study for Germany," ifo Working Paper Series 11, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Tatiana Cesaroni, 2010.
"Estimating potential output using business survey data in a svar framework,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 2249-2258.
- Cesaroni, Tatiana, 2008. "Estimating potential output using business survey data in a SVAR framework," MPRA Paper 16324, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lemmens, Aurelie & Croux, Christophe & Dekimpe, Marnik G., 2005. "On the predictive content of production surveys: A pan-European study," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 363-375.
- Tatiana Cesaroni, 2011.
"The cyclical behavior of the Italian business survey data,"
Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 747-768, December.
- Tatiana Cesaroni, 2007. "Inspecting the cyclical properties of the Italian Manufacturing Business survey data," ISAE Working Papers 83, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Arthur F. Burns & Wesley C. Mitchell, 1946. "Measuring Business Cycles," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number burn46-1.
- Gerhard Bry & Charlotte Boschan, 1971. "Cyclical Analysis of Time Series: Selected Procedures and Computer Programs," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bry_71-1.
- Claveria, Oscar & Pons, Ernest & Ramos, Raul, 2007. "Business and consumer expectations and macroeconomic forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 47-69.
- Gerhard Bry & Charlotte Boschan, 1971. "Foreword to "Cyclical Analysis of Time Series: Selected Procedures and Computer Programs"," NBER Chapters,in: Cyclical Analysis of Time Series: Selected Procedures and Computer Programs, pages -1 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wheeler, Tracy, 2010. "What can we learn from surveys of business expectations?," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 50(3), pages 190-198.
- Lemmens, A. & Croux, C. & Dekimpe, M.G., 2005. "On the Predictive Content of Production Surveys : a Pan-European Study," Other publications TiSEM adab9f0e-7dfd-4dc4-bd92-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Raffaele Tartaglia-Polcini, 2011. "Inflation forecasts from the Bank of Italy-Sole 24 Ore survey of expectations of inflation and growth," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the IFC Conference on "Initiatives to address data gaps revealed by the financial crisis", Basel, 25-26 August 2010, volume 34, pages 278-292 Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness cycle; business survey data; turning points; cyclical analysis; forecast accuracy; macroeconomic forecasts;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-10-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2015-10-10 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2015-10-10 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_1031_15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.