Contingent Valuation and Food Safety: The Case of Pesticide Residues in Food
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ann Fisher & Lauraine G. Chestnut & Daniel M. Violette, 1989. "The value of reducing risks of death: A note on new evidence," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 88-100.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maynard, Leigh J. & Hartell, Jason G. & Meyer, A. Lee & Hao, Jianqiang, 2004.
"An experimental approach to valuing new differentiated products,"
Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 317-325, December.
- Maynard, Leigh J. & Hartell, Jason G. & Meyer, A. Lee & Hao, Jianqiang, 2003. "An Experimental Approach To Valuing New Differentiated Products," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25810, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Eileen O. van Ravenswaay & John P. Hoehn, 1996.
"The Theoretical Benefits of Food Safety Policies: A Total Economic Value Framework,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1291-1296.
- Ravenswaay, Eileen O. van & Hoehn, John P., 1996. "The Theoretical Benefits of Food Safety Policies: A Total Economic Value Framework," Staff Paper Series 201210, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Baker, Gregory A., 1998. "Strategic Implications Of Consumer Food Safety Preferences," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 1(4), pages 1-13.
- Gregory A. Baker & Peter J. Crosbie, 1994. "Consumer preferences for food safety attributes: A market segment approach," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 319-324.
- Ravenswaay, Eileen O. van & Hoehn, John P., 1991. "Consumer Perspectives on Food Safety Issues: The Case of Pesticide Residues in Fresh Produce," Staff Paper Series 201045, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Maynard, Leigh J. & Burdine, Kenneth H. & Meyer, A. Lee, 2003. "Market Potential for Locally Produced Meat Products," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 34(2), pages 1-12, July.
- Biing-Hwan Lin & Steven Payson & Jane Wertz, 1996. "Opinions of professional buyers toward organic produce: A case study of mid-Atlantic market for fresh tomatoes," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 89-97.
- Akgungor, Sedef & Miran, Bulent & Abay, Canan, 1999. "Consumer Willingness To Pay For Reduced Pesticide Residues In Tomatoes: The Turkish Case," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21578, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Baker, Gregory A. & Crosbie, Peter J., 1993. "Measuring Food Safety Preferences: Identifying Consumer Segments," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(2), pages 1-11, December.
- Stenger, Anne, 2000. "Experimental valuation of food safety: Application to sewage sludge," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 211-218, April.
- Neilson C. Conklin & Gary Thompson, 1993. "Product quality in organic and conventional produce: Is there a difference?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 295-307.
- Wanki Moon & Wojciech J. Florkowski & Bernhard Brückner & Ilona Schonhof, 2002. "Willingness to Pay for Environmental Practices: Implications for Eco-Labeling," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(1), pages 88-102.
- Owens, Nicole N. & Swinton, Scott M. & Ravenswaay, Eileen O. van, 1995. "Farmer Demand for Safer Pesticides," Staff Paper Series 201201, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Vivien Foster & Susana Mourato, 2000. "Valuing the Multiple Impacts of Pesticide Use in the UK: A Contingent Ranking Approach," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 1-21, January.
- repec:oup:revage:v:25:y:2003:i:2:p:316-331. is not listed on IDEAS
- Senauer, Benjamin, 1993. "The Impact Of Reduced Agricultural Chemical Use On Food: A Review Of The Literature For The United States," Working Papers 14450, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Ravenswaay, Eileen O. van, 1993. "Research Needs in the Valuation of Food Safety and Nutrition," Staff Paper Series 201172, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:midasp:201042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damsuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.