Robust estimates of value of a statistical life for developing economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bowland, Brad J. & Beghin, John C., 2001. "Robust Estimates of Value of a Statistical Life for Developing Economies," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5196, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brad J. Bowland & John C. Beghin, 1998.
"Robust Estimates of Value of a Statistical Life for Developing Economies: An Application to Pollution and Mortality in Santiago,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
99-wp214, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Brad J. Bowland & John C. Beghin, 1998. "Robust Estimates of Value of a Statistical Life for Developing Economies: An Application to Pollution and Mortality in Santiago," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 99-wp214, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Beghin, John C. & Bowland, Brad J. & Dessus, Sebastien & Roland-Holst, David & Van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique, 1999. "Trade, Environment, and Public Health in Chile. Evidence from an Economywide Model," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1904, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Viscusi, W Kip, 1993. "The Value of Risks to Life and Health," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1912-1946, December.
- Desvouges, William H. & Naughton, Michael C. & Parsons, George R., 1992. "Benefits transfer: conceptual problems in estimating water quality benefits using existing studies," MPRA Paper 36405, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ann Fisher & Lauraine G. Chestnut & Daniel M. Violette, 1989. "The value of reducing risks of death: A note on new evidence," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 88-100.
- Alberini, Anna & Krupnick, Alan, 1998. "Air Quality and Episodes of Acute Respiratory Illness in Taiwan Cities: Evidence from Survey Data," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 68-92, July.
- Ostr, Bart & Sanchez, Jose Miguel & Aranda, Carlos & Eskeland, Gunnar S., 1995. "Air pollution and mortality : results from Santiago, Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1453, The World Bank.
- Alberini, Anna & Cropper, Maureen & Fu, Tsu-Tan & Krupnick, Alan & Liu, Jin-Tan & Shaw, Daigee & Harrington, Winston, 1997. "Valuing Health Effects of Air Pollution in Developing Countries: The Case of Taiwan," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 107-126, October.
- O'Ryan, Raul E., 1996. "Cost-Effective Policies to Improve Urban Air Quality in Santiago, Chile," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 302-313, November.
- Smith, V Kerry & Huang, Ju-Chin, 1995. "Can Markets Value Air Quality? A Meta-analysis of Hedonic Property Value Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 209-227, February.
More about this item
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:23:y:2001:i:4:p:385-396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.