The Taste for Variety: A Hedonic Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Benassy, Jean-Pascal, 1996. "Taste for variety and optimum production patterns in monopolistic competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 41-47, July.
- Reuben Gronau & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2008.
"The Demand for Variety: A Household Production Perspective,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 562-572, August.
- Reuben Gronau & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2001. "The Demand for Variety: A Household Production Perspective," NBER Working Papers 8509, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Gronau, Reuben, 2007. "The Demand for Variety: A Household Production Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 2767, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kelvin Lancaster, 1990. "The Economics of Product Variety: A Survey," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 189-206.
- Jevons, William Stanley, 1871. "The Theory of Political Economy," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number jevons1871.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1995. "Hedonic price functions and the measurement of preferences: The case of Swedish wine consumers," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1697-1716, December.
- Sherwin Rosen, 2002. "Markets and Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Ranney, Christine K. & McNamara, Paul E., 2002. "Do Healthier Diets Cost More?," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19588, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- McAlister, Leigh & Pessemier, Edgar, 1982. " Variety Seeking Behavior: An Interdisciplinary Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 311-322, December.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Stanley, Linda R & Tschirhart, John, 1991. "Hedonic Prices for a Nondurable Good: The Case of Breakfast Cereals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 537-541, August.
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1989. "Is Variety the Spice of Life? Implications for Calorie Intake," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 666-672, November.
- Wanki Moon & Wojciech Florkowski & Larry Beuchat & Anna Resurreccion & Pavlina Paraskova & Jordan Jordanov & Manjeet Chinnan, 2002. "Demand for food variety in an emerging market economy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 573-581.
- Jackson, Laurence Fraser, 1984. "Hierarchic Demand and the Engel Curve for Variety," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 8-15, February.
- Jack Triplett, 2004. "Handbook on Hedonic Indexes and Quality Adjustments in Price Indexes: Special Application to Information Technology Products," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2004/9, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pavlov, Oscar & Weder, Mark, 2012. "Variety matters," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 629-641.
- Åstebro, Thomas & Thompson, Peter, 2011. "Entrepreneurs, Jacks of all trades or Hobos?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 637-649, June.
- Cheng, Guo & Dharmasena, Senarath & Capps, Oral Jr, 2017. "The Taste for Variety: Demand Analysis for Nut Products in the United States," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252719, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Smed, Sinne & Hansen, Lars Garn, 2010.
"Consumer valuation of health attributes in food,"
115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany
116390, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Smed, Sinne & Hansen, Lars Garn, 2012. "Consumer valuation of health attributes in food," 2012 AAEA/EAAE Food Environment Symposium, May 30-31, Boston, MA 122730, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sinne Smed & Lars Gårn Hansen, 2016. "Consumer valuation of health attributes in food," IFRO Working Paper 2016/01, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Leschewski, Andrea & Weatherspoon, Dave D. & Kuhns, Annemarie, 2016. "A Segmented Hedonic Analysis of the Nutritional Composition of Fruit Beverages," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 19(3).
- Liu, Jing & Shively, Gerald & Binkley, James K., 2013. "Dietary Diversity in Urban and Rural China: An Endogenous Variety Approach," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149624, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer demand; taste for variety; food products; hedonic analysis; Germany; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; C21; D12;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae06:25251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .