Assessing the effect of consumer purchasing criteria for types of rice in Togo A choice modeling approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rose Fiamohe & Tebila Nakelse & Aliou Diagne & Papa A. Seck, 2015. "Assessing the Effect of Consumer Purchasing Criteria for Types of Rice in Togo: A Choice Modeling Approach," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(3), pages 433-452, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Spence, 1976. "Product Selection, Fixed Costs, and Monopolistic Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 217-235.
- Michael Burton & Dan Rigby & Trevor Young, 2001.
"Consumer attitudes to genetically modified organisms in food in the UK,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(4), pages 479-498, December.
- Burton, Michael P. & Rigby, Dan & Young, Trevor & James, Sallie, 2002. "Consumer Attitudes to Genetically Modified Organisms in Food in the UK," 2002 Conference (46th), February 13-15, 2002, Canberra, Australia 125064, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Wise, David A, 1978.
"A Conditional Probit Model for Qualitative Choice: Discrete Decisions Recognizing Interdependence and Heterogeneous Preferences,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(2), pages 403-426, March.
- J. A. Hausman & D. A. Wise, 1976. "A Conditional Profit Model for Qualitative Choice: Discrete Decisions Recognizing Interdependence and Heterogeneous Preferences," Working papers 173, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Laroche Dupraz, C. & Postolle, A., 2013.
"Food sovereignty and agricultural trade policy commitments: How much leeway do West African nations have?,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 115-125.
- Catherine Laroche-Dupraz & Angèle Postolle, 2011. "Food sovereignty and agricultural trade policy commitments: how much leeway do West African nations have?," Working Papers hal-00728294, HAL.
- Catherine Laroche Dupraz & Angèle Postolle, 2011. "Food sovereignty and agricultural trade policy commitments: How much leeway do West African nations have?," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 11-03, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Catherine Laroche-Dupraz & Angèle Postolle, 2013. "Food sovereignty and agricultural trade policy commitments: how much leeway do West African nations have?," Post-Print hal-01208839, HAL.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Vivienne Saverimuttu & Henry Rempel, 2004. "The Determinants of Cereal Grain Imports: Sub‐Saharan Africa, 1970–1997," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 16(3), pages 525-548.
- Seck, Papa A. & Tollens, Eric & Wopereis, Marco C.S. & Diagne, Aliou & Bamba, Ibrahim, 2010. "Rising trends and variability of rice prices: Threats and opportunities for sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 403-411, October.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Hanley, Nick & Mourato, Susana & Wright, Robert E, 2001. "Choice Modelling Approaches: A Superior Alternative for Environmental Valuation?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 435-462, July.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K. & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1975. "Monopolistic Competition And Optimum Product Diversity," Economic Research Papers 268957, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- George R. Parsons & Mary Jo Kealy, 1992. "Randomly Drawn Opportunity Sets in a Random Utility Model of Lake Recreation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(1), pages 93-106.
- Wuyang Hu & Marvin T. Batte & Timothy Woods & Stan Ernst, 2012. "Consumer preferences for local production and other value-added label claims for a processed food product," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 39(3), pages 489-510, July.
- Dalton, Timothy J., 2004. "A household hedonic model of rice traits: economic values from farmers in West Africa," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 149-159, December.
- Green, Paul E, 1974. "On the Design of Choice Experiments Involving Multifactor Alternatives," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 61-68, Se.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Kenneth E. Train, 1998. "Recreation Demand Models with Taste Differences over People," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 230-239.
- Lancon, Frederic & Benz, Helene David, 2007. "Rice imports in West Africa: trade regime and food policy formulation," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7906, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Adamowicz, Wiktor L. & Boxall, P.C. & Louviere, J.J., 1994. "Stated Preference Methods for Environmental Valuation," Staff Paper Series 232558, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Demont, Matty & Fiamohe, Rose & Kinkpé, A. Thierry, 2017. "Comparative Advantage in Demand and the Development of Rice Value Chains in West Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 578-590.
- Fiamohe, Rose E. & Kinkpé, A. Thierry, 2016. "Analysing potential demand for local rice in West Africa," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 249281, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Abdulai Adams & Emmanuel Tetteh Jumpah & Kehinde Damilola Ilesanmi & Hajei Douri Bennin, 2019. "Analysis of parboiled rice processing in northern region of Ghana: determinants, constraints and opportunities," Asian Journal of Agriculture and rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 9(2), pages 284-297, December.
- Nakelse, T. & Dalton, T., 2018. "Are Urban Consumers in Niger Willing to Pay for Safe and Nutritious Food?," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277459, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fiamohe, R. & Agossadou, A.J. & Kinkpe, T., 2018. "Contribution of improved processing equipment to rice value chain upgrading in West Africa: Evidence from Benin," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 275966, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ayeduvor, Selorm, 2018. "Assessing quality attributes that drive preference and consumption of local rice in Ghana," GSSP working papers 48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bairagi, Subir K. & Mohanty, Samarendu & Ynion, Jhoanne & Demont, Matty, 2017. "Determinants of Consumer Preferences for Rice Attributes: Evidence from South and Southeast Asia," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258384, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Fiamohe, Rose & Diallo, Souleymane & Diagne, Aliou & Agossadou, Arsene, 2015. "Impact of the ECOWAS Common External Tariff on the Rice Sector in West Africa," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211632, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mingie, James C. & Poudyal, Neelam C. & Bowker, J.M. & Mengak, Michael T. & Siry, Jacek P., 2017. "Big game hunter preferences for hunting club attributes: A choice experiment," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 98-106.
- Belleflamme,Paul & Peitz,Martin, 2015. "Industrial Organization," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107687899, December.
- Kennedy Otieno, Pambo, 2013. "Analysis of Consumer Awareness and Preferences for Fortified Sugar in Kenya," Research Theses 243455, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Mulatu, Dawit W. & van der Veen, Anne & van Oel, Pieter R., 2014. "Farm households' preferences for collective and individual actions to improve water-related ecosystem services: The Lake Naivasha basin, Kenya," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 7(C), pages 22-33.
- Manuel Trajtenberg, 1985. "The Welfare Analysis of Product Innovations with an Application to CT Scanners," NBER Working Papers 1724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aviv Nevo, 2000. "A Practitioner's Guide to Estimation of Random‐Coefficients Logit Models of Demand," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 513-548, December.
- Helen Scarborough & Jeff Bennett, 2012. "Cost–Benefit Analysis and Distributional Preferences," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14376.
- Phaneuf, Daniel J. & Smith, V. Kerry, 2006. "Recreation Demand Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.),Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 15, pages 671-761, Elsevier.
- Giacomo Pallante & Adam Drucker, 2014. "Niche Markets for Agrobiodiversity Conservation: Preference and Scale Heterogeneity Effects on Nepalese Consumers’ WTP for Finger Millet Products," SEEDS Working Papers 1414, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised May 2014.
- Scarpa, Riccardo & Willis, Ken, 2010. "Willingness-to-pay for renewable energy: Primary and discretionary choice of British households' for micro-generation technologies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 129-136, January.
- Kennedy Otieno Pambo & David Jakinda Otieno & Julius Juma Okello, 2017. "Analysis of Consumer Preference for Vitamin A-Fortified Sugar in Kenya," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 29(4), pages 745-768, August.
- Irz, Xavier & Mazzocchi, Mario & Réquillart, Vincent & Soler, Louis-Georges, 2015.
"Research in Food Economics: past trends and new challenges,"
Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, Editions NecPlus, vol. 96(01), pages 187-237, March.
- IRZ, Xavier & MAZZOCCHI, Mario & REQUILLART, Vincent & SOLER, Louis-Georges, . "Research in Food Economics: past trends and new challenges," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement (RAEStud), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 96(1).
- Xavier IRZ & Mario MAZZOCCHI & Vincent RÉQUILLART & Louis-Georges SOLER, 2015. "Research in Food Economics: past trends and new challenges," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 96(1), pages 187-237.
- Xavier Irz & Mario Mazzocchi & Vincent Requillart & Louis-Georges Soler, 2015. "Research in Food Economics: past trends and new challenges," Post-Print hal-01884941, HAL.
- Kanchanaroek, Yingluk & Termansen, Mette & Quinn, Claire, 2013. "Property rights regimes in complex fishery management systems: A choice experiment application," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 363-373.
- Girma T. Kassie & Awudu Abdulai & Clemens Wollny, 2009. "Valuing Traits of Indigenous Cows in Central Ethiopia," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 386-401, June.
- Bart Neuts & Peter Nijkamp & Eveline Van Leeuwen, 2012.
"Crowding Externalities from Tourist Use of Urban Space,"
Tourism Economics, , vol. 18(3), pages 649-670, June.
- Bart Neuts & Peter Nijkamp & Eveline van Leeuwen, 2013. "Crowding Externalities from Tourist Use of Urban Space," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-146/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Sergey G. Kokovin & Shamil Sharapudinov & Alexander Tarasov & Philip Ushchev, 2020. "A Theory of Monopolistic Competition with Horizontally Heterogeneous Consumers," CESifo Working Paper Series 8082, CESifo.
- Daniele Moro & Mario Veneziani & Paolo Sckokai & Elena Castellari, 2015. "Consumer Willingness to Pay for Catechin‐enriched Yogurt: Evidence from a Stated Choice Experiment," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(2), pages 243-258, April.
- Marva Stithou & Yiannis Kountouris & Phoebe Koundouri, "undated".
"A Choice Experiments Application in Transport Infrastructure: A case study on travel time savings, accidents and pollution reduction,"
DEOS Working Papers
1116, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Koundouri, Phoebe & Kountouris, Yannis & Stithou, Mavra, 2012. "A Choice Experiments Application in Transport Infrastructure: A Case Study on Travel Time Savings, Accidents and Pollution Reduction," MPRA Paper 38274, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Yannis Kountouris & Mavra Stithou, "undated". "A Choice Experiments Application in Transport Infrastructure: A Case Study on Travel Time Savings, Accidents and Pollution Reduction," DEOS Working Papers 1227, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Randrianarison, Henintsoa & Ramiaramanana, Jeannot & Wätzold, Frank, 2017. "When to Pay? Adjusting the Timing of Payments in PES Design to the Needs of Poor Land-users," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 168-177.
- Hanemann, W. Michael & Kanninen, Barbara, 1996. "The Statistical Analysis Of Discrete-Response Cv Data," CUDARE Working Papers 25022, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Crop Production/Industries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaae13:161638. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.