Excessive Credit Growth as an Indicator of Financial (In)Stability and its Use in Macroprudential Policy
In: CNB Financial Stability Report 2010/2011
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gabriel Jiménez & Jesús Saurina, 2006.
"Credit Cycles, Credit Risk, and Prudential Regulation,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 2(2), May.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Jesús Saurina, 2005. "Credit cycles, credit risk, and prudential regulation," Working Papers 0531, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Jesus, Saurina & Gabriel, Jimenez, 2006. "Credit Cycles, Credit Risk, and Prudential Regulation," MPRA Paper 718, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cottarelli, Carlo & Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni & Vladkova-Hollar, Ivanna, 2005.
"Early birds, late risers, and sleeping beauties: Bank credit growth to the private sector in Central and Eastern Europe and in the Balkans,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 83-104, January.
- Ivanna Vladkova Hollar & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Carlo Cottarelli, 2003. "Early Birds, Late Risers, and Sleeping Beauties; Bank Credit Growth to the Private Sector in Central and Eastern Europe and in the Balkans," IMF Working Papers 03/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Edward F. Blackburne III & Mark W. Frank, 2007. "Estimation of nonstationary heterogeneous panels," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(2), pages 197-208, June.
- Claudio Borio & Mathias Drehmann, 2009. "Assessing the risk of banking crises - revisited," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Michal Brzoza-Brzezina, 2005. "Lending Booms in Europe’s Periphery: South-Western Lessons for Central-Eastern Members," Macroeconomics 0502002, EconWPA.
- Frédéric Boissay & Oscar Calvo-Gonzalez & Tomasz Kozluk, 2006. "Is Lending in Central and Eastern Europe Developing Too Fast?," Chapters,in: Financial Development, Integration and Stability, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kraft, Evan & Jankov, Ljubinko, 2005. "Does speed kill? Lending booms and their consequences in Croatia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 105-121, January.
- Andrea Gerali & Stefano Neri & Luca Sessa & Federico M. Signoretti, 2010.
"Credit and Banking in a DSGE Model of the Euro Area,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(s1), pages 107-141, September.
- Andrea Gerali & Stefano Neri & Luca Sessa & Federico M. Signoretti, 2010. "Credit and banking in a DSGE model of the euro area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 740, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ceyla Pazarbasioglu & Gudrun Johnsen & Paul Louis Ceriel Hilbers & Inci Ötker, 2005. "Assessing and Managing Rapid Credit Growth and the Role of Supervisory and Prudential Policies," IMF Working Papers 05/151, International Monetary Fund.
- Markus Eller & Michael Frömmel & Nora Srzentic, 2010. "Private Sector Credit in CESEE: Long-Run Relationships and Short-Run Dynamics," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 2, pages 50-78.
- A. Calza & C. Gartner & J. Sousa, 2003.
"Modelling the demand for loans to the private sector in the euro area,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 107-117.
- Calza, Alessandro & Gartner, Christine & Sousa, João, 2001. "Modelling the demand for loans to the private sector in the euro area," Working Paper Series 0055, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leroi RAPUTSOANE, 2015.
"Alternative Measures of Credit Extension for Countercyclical Buffer Decisions in South Africa,"
Turkish Economic Review,
KSP Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 210-221, December.
- Raputsoane, Leroi, 2015. "Alternative measures of credit extension for countercyclical buffer decisions in South Africa," MPRA Paper 67453, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dr. Michael Sigmund & Dr. Ingrid Stein, 2017.
"What predicts Financial (In)Stability? A Bayesian Approach,"
Credit and Capital Markets,
Credit and Capital Markets, vol. 50(3), pages 299-336.
- Eidenberger, Judith & Neudorfer, Benjamin & Sigmund, Michael & Stein, Ingrid, 2014. "What predicts financial (in)stability? A Bayesian approach," Discussion Papers 36/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Zlatuse Komarkova & Vaclav Hausenblas & Jan Frait, 2012. "How To Identify Systemically Important Financial Institutions," Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes,in: CNB Financial Stability Report 2011/2012, chapter 0, pages 100-111 Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Jakubik, Petr & Moinescu, Bogdan, 2015. "Assessing optimal credit growth for an emerging banking system," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 577-591.
- José Alves & Rita Pereira, 2017. "The Portuguese Households' Indebtedness," Working Papers Department of Economics 2017/07, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Jan Frait & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2012. "Macroprudential Policy and Its Instruments in a Small EU Economy," Research and Policy Notes 2012/03, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Malovaná, Simona & Frait, Jan, 2017.
"Monetary policy and macroprudential policy: Rivals or teammates?,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-16.
- Simona Malovana & Jan Frait, 2016. "Monetary Policy and Macroprudential Policy: Rivals or Teammates?," Working Papers IES 2016/19, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Sep 2016.
- Simona Malovana & Jan Frait, 2016. "Monetary Policy and Macroprudential Policy: Rivals or Teammates?," Working Papers 2016/06, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Christian Castro & Ángel Estrada & Jorge Martínez, 2016. "The countercyclical capital buffer in spain: an analysis of key guiding indicators," Working Papers 1601, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Rubaszek, Michał & Serwa, Dobromił, 2014. "Determinants of credit to households: An approach using the life-cycle model," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 572-587.
- Niels-Jakob Harbo Hansen & Olga Sulla, 2013. "Credit Growth in Latin America; Financial Development or Credit Boom?," IMF Working Papers 13/106, International Monetary Fund.
- Angela Roman & Alina Camelia Sargu, 2011. "Eu New Member States Households‘ Banking Indebtedness And It‘S Implications: An Overview," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(13), pages 1-28.
- Dušan Stojanović & Danilo Stojanović, 2015. "Excessive Credit Growth Or Catching Up Process: The Case Of Central, Eastern And Southeastern European Countries," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 60(206), pages 7-44, July - Se.
- Frait, Jan & Gersl, Adam & Seidler, Jakub, 2011. "Credit growth and financial stability in the Czech Republic," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5771, The World Bank.
- Serwa, Dobromił, 2013.
"Identifying multiple regimes in the model of credit to households,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 198-208.
- Dobromil Serwa, 2011. "Identifying multiple regimes in the model of credit to households," NBP Working Papers 99, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Felipe Clavijo Ramírez & Jorge Luis Hurtado Guarín & Oscar Fernando Jaulín Méndez & Javier Pirateque Niño, 2016. "El requerimiento de capital contracíclico en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 963, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- R. Brian Langrin & Lavern McFarlane, 2014. "Policy Implications for the Application of Countercyclical Capital Buffers When the Government Borrowing Crowds Out Private Sector Credit: The Case of Jamaica," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 285-312, July-Dece.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cnb:ocpubc:fsr1011/2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan Babecky). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cnbgvcz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.