Use of private consultants and other sources of information by large cornbelt farmers
Farmers attending the 1991 Top Farmer Crop Workshop were surveyed on their sources and costs of information. Respondents spent an average of $2,578 per year on information sources and rated their own farm records|budgets highest for usefulness in decisions. In contrast to earlier studies, these farmers gave less importance to salesmen and other farmers as sources of information, but gave greater importance to consultants. Use of consultants tended to be greater on larger, more diversified farms with more complex financial structure. Younger farmers and those using computers also tended to make use of consultants. © 1993 John Wiley & Sons. Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 9 (1993)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen A. Ford & Emerson M. Babb, 1989. "Farmer sources and uses of information," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(5), pages 465-476.
- Jones, Eugene & Batte, Marvin T. & Schnitkey, Gary D., 1990. "A Socioeconomic Analysis Of Marketing Information Usage Among Ohio Fruit Producers," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:9:y:1993:i:4:p:391-402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.