Evaluating the state of competition and the welfare losses in the Greek manufacturing sector: an extended Hall–Roeger approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Willner, Johan & Stahl, Leila, 1992. "Where are the welfare losses of imperfect competition large?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 477-490, October.
- Joaquim Oliveira Martins & Stefano Scarpetta & Dirk Pilat, 1996. "Mark-Up Ratios in Manufacturing Industries: Estimates for 14 OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 162, OECD Publishing.
- Deodhar, Satish Y. & Sheldon, Ian M., 1996. "Estimation Of Imperfect Competition In Food Marketing: A Dynamic Analysis Of The German Banana Market," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-10, October.
- Kothari, S. P. & Shanken, Jay, 1997. "Book-to-market, dividend yield, and expected market returns: A time-series analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 169-203, May.
- Erin T. Mansur, 2008.
"Measuring Welfare in Restructured Electricity Markets,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 369-386, May.
- Erin T. Mansur, 2007. "Measuring Welfare in Restructured Electricity Markets," NBER Working Papers 13509, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaludura Abayasiri-Silva, 1999. "Market Power in Australian Manufacturing Industry: A Confirmation of Hall's Hypothesis," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-132, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Sandwip Kumar Das & Manoj Pant, 2006. "Measuring market imperfection in the manufacturing sector: Theory and evidence from India," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 63-79.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"The Relation between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 921-947, October.
- Robert E. Hall, 1986. "The Relation Between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry," NBER Working Papers 1785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony N. Rezitis & Maria A. Kalantzi, 2013. "Measuring the degree of market power in the Greek manufacturing industry," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 339-359, May.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1976.
"Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(171), pages 267-274, August.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1974. "Price-Cost Margins And Market Structure," Economic Research Papers 268845, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1974. "Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 044, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1982. "The estimation of the degree of oligopoly power," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 287-299, August.
- Wilhelmsson Fredrik, 2006. "Market Power and European Competition in the Swedish Food Industry," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-26, October.
- Hindriks, F.A., 1999. "Non-Competitive Rents in Dutch Manufacturing: Conduct and Performance in the New Empirical Industrial Organization," Papers 9905/e, NEUHUYS - RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM.
- Elena Argentesi & Lapo Filistrucchi, 2007.
"Estimating market power in a two-sided market: The case of newspapers,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1247-1266.
- Elena Argentesi & Lapo Filistrucchi, 2005. "Estimating market power in a two-sided market: the case of newspapers," Economics Working Papers ECO2005/07, European University Institute.
- Anthony Rezitis & Maria Kalantzi, 2011. "Investigating Market Structure of the Greek Manufacturing Industry: A Hall-Roeger Approach," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 39(4), pages 383-400, December.
- Esfandiar Maasoumi & Daniel Slottje, 2003. "Dynamics of Market Power and Concentration Profiles," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 155-177.
- Roeger, Werner, 1995. "Can Imperfect Competition Explain the Difference between Primal and Dual Productivity Measures? Estimates for U.S. Manufacturing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(2), pages 316-330, April.
- John D. Lyon & Brad M. Barber & Chih-Ling Tsai, 1999. "Improved Methods for Tests of Long-Run Abnormal Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 165-201, February.
- Gerry E. Boyle, 2004. "Hall-Roeger Tests of Market Power in Irish Manufacturing Industries," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(3), pages 289-304.
- Juan Fernandez De Guevara & Joaquin Maudos, 2004. "Measuring welfare loss of market power: an application to European banks," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(13), pages 833-836.
- Dickson, V. A. & Yu, Weiqiu, 1989. "Welfare losses in Canadian manufacturing under alternative oligopoly regimes," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 257-267, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jincot:v:18:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10842-017-0260-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMarket power; Markup ratio; Welfare losses; Manufacturing sector; Bootstrap;
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:50:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1007_s00181-015-0984-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.