Determinants of allocative efficiency losses from oligopoly power
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen Martin, 1979. "Advertising, Concentration, and Profitability: The Simultaneity Problem," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 639-647, Autumn.
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1982. "The estimation of the degree of oligopoly power," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 287-299, August.
- Masson, Robert T & Shaanan, Joseph, 1984. "Social Costs of Oligopoly and the Value of Competition," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(375), pages 520-35, September.
- Lunn, John E, 1986. "An Empirical Analysis of Process and Product Patenting: A Simultaneous Equation Framework," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 319-30, March.
- Esposito, Louis & Esposito, Frances Ferguson, 1971. "Foreign Competition and Domestic Industry Profitability," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(4), pages 343-53, November.
- Stalhammar, Nils-Olov, 1991. "Domestic market power and foreign trade : The case of Sweden," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 407-424, September.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1976. "Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(171), pages 267-74, August.
- Willner, Johan, 1989. "Price Leadership and Welfare Losses in U.S. Manufacturing: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 604-09, June.
- Mueller, Willard F & Rogers, Richard T, 1980. "The Role of Advertising in Changing Concentration of Manufacturing Industries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(1), pages 89-96, February.
- Caves, Richard E & Khalilzadeh-Shirazi, J & Porter, M E, 1975. "Scale Economies in Statistical Analyses of Market Power," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(2), pages 133-40, May.
- Dickson, V. A. & Yu, Weiqiu, 1989. "Welfare losses in Canadian manufacturing under alternative oligopoly regimes," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 257-267, June.
- Connor, John M & Peterson, Everett B, 1992.
"Market-Structure Determinants of National Brand-Private Label Price Differences of Manufactured Food Products,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 157-71, June.
- Connor, John M. & Peterson, Everett B., 1991. "Market-Structure Determinants Of National Brand-Private Label Price Differences Of Manufactured Food Products," Working Papers 116099, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Siegfried, John J & Tiemann, Thomas K, 1974. "The Welfare Cost of Monopoly: An Inter-Industry Analysis," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(2), pages 190-202, June.
- Willner, Johan & Stahl, Leila, 1992. "Where are the welfare losses of imperfect competition large?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 477-490, October.
- Clarke, Roger & Davies, Stephen W, 1982. "Market Structure and Price-Cost Margins," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(195), pages 277-87, August.
- Landis Gabel, H., 1983. "The role of buyer power in oligopoly models: An empirical study," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 95-108.
- Pagoulatos, Emilio & Sorensen, Robert, 1986. "What determines the elasticity of industry demand?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 237-250, September.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Cowling, Keith & Mueller, Dennis C, 1978. "The Social Costs of Monopoly Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 727-48, December.
- Dixit, Avinash & Stern, Nicholas, 1982. "Oligopoly and welfare : A unified presentation with applications to trade and development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 123-143.
- Bhuyan, Sanjib & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 1995. "Welfare Losses Under Alternative Oligopoly Regimes: The U.S. Food And Tobacco Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:38:y:1998:i:1:p:61-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.