Dominant firms, price leadership and the measurement of monopoly welfare losses
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rotemberg, Julio J & Saloner, Garth, 1990. "Collusive Price Leadership," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 93-111, September.
- Fisher, Franklin M, 1985. "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation: Posner Reconsidered," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 410-16, April.
- Cremer, Jacques & Weitzman, Martin L., 1976. "OPEC and the monopoly price of world oil," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 155-164, August.
- Gisser, Micha, 1986. "Price Leadership and Welfare Losses in U.S. Manufacturing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 756-67, September.
- Posner, Richard A, 1975. "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 807-27, August.
- Kay, J. A., 1983. "A general equilibrium approach to the measurement of monopoly welfare loss," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 317-331, December.
- Geroski, Paul A. & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1984. "Dominant firms and their alleged decline," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Encaoua, David & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1980. "Degree of Monopoly, Indices of Concentration and Threat of Entry," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 87-105, February.
- Mueller, Dennis C & Cowling, Keith, 1981. "The Social Costs of Monopoly Power Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(363), pages 721-25, September.
- Pagoulatos, Emilio & Sorensen, Robert, 1986. "What determines the elasticity of industry demand?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 237-250, September.
- Dixit, Avinash & Stern, Nicholas, 1982. "Oligopoly and welfare : A unified presentation with applications to trade and development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 123-143.
- Bergson, Abram, 1973. "On Monopoly Welfare Losses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(5), pages 853-70, December.
- Masson, Robert T & Shaanan, Joseph, 1984. "Social Costs of Oligopoly and the Value of Competition," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(375), pages 520-35, September.
- Cowling, Keith & Mueller, Dennis C, 1978. "The Social Costs of Monopoly Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 727-48, December.
- Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1982. "Price Leadership: A Theoretical Analysis," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(193), pages 11-20, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:15:y:1997:i:5:p:533-533. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.