Dominant firms, price leadership and the measurement of monopoly welfare losses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kay, J. A., 1983. "A general equilibrium approach to the measurement of monopoly welfare loss," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 317-331, December.
- Gisser, Micha, 1986. "Price Leadership and Welfare Losses in U.S. Manufacturing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 756-767, September.
- Encaoua, David & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1980. "Degree of Monopoly, Indices of Concentration and Threat of Entry," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(1), pages 87-105, February.
- Fisher, Franklin M, 1985. "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation: Posner Reconsidered," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 410-416, April.
- Mueller, Dennis C & Cowling, Keith, 1981. "The Social Costs of Monopoly Power Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(363), pages 721-725, September.
- Cowling, Keith & Mueller, Dennis C, 1978. "The Social Costs of Monopoly Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 727-748, December.
- Posner, Richard A, 1975. "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 807-827, August.
- Masson, Robert T & Shaanan, Joseph, 1984. "Social Costs of Oligopoly and the Value of Competition," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(375), pages 520-535, September.
- Geroski, Paul A. & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1984. "Dominant firms and their alleged decline," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Pagoulatos, Emilio & Sorensen, Robert, 1986. "What determines the elasticity of industry demand?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 237-250, September.
- Dixit, Avinash & Stern, Nicholas, 1982. "Oligopoly and welfare : A unified presentation with applications to trade and development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 123-143.
- Bergson, Abram, 1973. "On Monopoly Welfare Losses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(5), pages 853-870, December.
- Cremer, Jacques & Weitzman, Martin L., 1976. "OPEC and the monopoly price of world oil," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 155-164, August.
- Ono, Yoshiyasu, 1982. "Price Leadership: A Theoretical Analysis," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(193), pages 11-20, February.
- Rotemberg, Julio J & Saloner, Garth, 1990. "Collusive Price Leadership," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 93-111, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gumus, Erdal, 2006. "The Social Costs of Monopoly: A Survey And An Evaluation," MPRA Paper 42107, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:15:y:1997:i:5:p:533-533. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.