Monopoly innovation and welfare effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jenny, Frederic & Weber, Andre-Paul, 1983. "Aggregate Welfare Loss Due to Monopoly Power in the French Economy: Some Tentative Estimates," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 113-130, December.
- Kay, J. A., 1983. "A general equilibrium approach to the measurement of monopoly welfare loss," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 317-331, December.
- Flavio Delbono & Vincenzo Denicolo, 1991. "Incentives to Innovate in a Cournot Oligopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 951-961.
- Hansen, Claus Thustrup, 1999. "Second-best antitrust in general equilibrium: a special case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 193-199, May.
- Littlechild, S C, 1981. "Misleading Calculations of the Social Costs of Monopoly Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 348-363, June.
- David Schwartzman, 1960. "The Burden of Monopoly," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 627-627.
- Yoon-Ho Alex Lee & Donald J. Brown, 2005. "Competition, Consumer Welfare, and the Social Cost of Monopoly," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1528, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1969. "Economies as an Antitrust Defense: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 954-959, December.
- Hill, Martyn & Waterson, Michael, 1983. "Labor-managed Cournot oligopoly and industry output," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 43-51, March.
- Cowling, Keith & Mueller, Dennis C, 1978. "The Social Costs of Monopoly Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 727-748, December.
- Posner, Richard A, 1975. "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 807-827, August.
- Michael Reksulak & William F. Shughart & Robert D. Tollison, 2008. "Innovation and the opportunity cost of monopoly," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(8), pages 619-627.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1969. "Allocative Efficiency and the Limits of Antitrust," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 105-118, May.
- Bergson, Abram, 1973. "On Monopoly Welfare Losses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(5), pages 853-870, December.
- Geroski, P A, 1990. "Innovation, Technological Opportunity, and Market Structure," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 586-602, July.
- Neary, Hugh M., 1984. ""Labor-managed cournot oligopoly and industry output": A comment," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 322-327, September.
- Neary, Hugh M., 1992. "Some general equilibrium aspects of a labor-managed economy with monopoly elements," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 633-654, December.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
KeywordsMonopoly; social welfare; technical innovation; general equilibrium;
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2010-03-06 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2010-03-06 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:201010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .