Monopoly innovation and welfare effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jenny, Frederic & Weber, Andre-Paul, 1983. "Aggregate Welfare Loss Due to Monopoly Power in the French Economy: Some Tentative Estimates," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 113-130, December.
- Yoon-Ho Alex Lee & Donald J. Brown, 2005. "Competition, Consumer Welfare, and the Social Cost of Monopoly," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1528, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1969. "Economies as an Antitrust Defense: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 954-959, December.
- Hill, Martyn & Waterson, Michael, 1983. "Labor-managed Cournot oligopoly and industry output," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 43-51, March.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1969. "Allocative Efficiency and the Limits of Antitrust," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 105-118, May.
- Bergson, Abram, 1973. "On Monopoly Welfare Losses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(5), pages 853-870, December.
- Geroski, P A, 1990. "Innovation, Technological Opportunity, and Market Structure," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 586-602, July.
- Neary, Hugh M., 1984. ""Labor-managed cournot oligopoly and industry output": A comment," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 322-327, September.
- Neary, Hugh M., 1992. "Some general equilibrium aspects of a labor-managed economy with monopoly elements," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 633-654, December.
- Kay, J. A., 1983. "A general equilibrium approach to the measurement of monopoly welfare loss," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 317-331, December.
- Flavio Delbono & Vincenzo Denicolo, 1991. "Incentives to Innovate in a Cournot Oligopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 951-961.
- Hansen, Claus Thustrup, 1999. "Second-best antitrust in general equilibrium: a special case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 193-199, May.
- Littlechild, S C, 1981. "Misleading Calculations of the Social Costs of Monopoly Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 348-363, June.
- David Schwartzman, 1960. "The Burden of Monopoly," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 627-627.
- Cowling, Keith & Mueller, Dennis C, 1978. "The Social Costs of Monopoly Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 727-748, December.
- Posner, Richard A, 1975. "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 807-827, August.
- Michael Reksulak & William F. Shughart & Robert D. Tollison, 2008. "Innovation and the opportunity cost of monopoly," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(8), pages 619-627.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
KeywordsMonopoly; social welfare; technical innovation; general equilibrium;
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-INO-2010-03-06 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2010-03-06 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:201010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.