The Welfare Effects of Monopoly Innovation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jenny, Frederic & Weber, Andre-Paul, 1983. "Aggregate Welfare Loss Due to Monopoly Power in the French Economy: Some Tentative Estimates," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 113-130, December.
- Kay, J. A., 1983. "A general equilibrium approach to the measurement of monopoly welfare loss," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 317-331, December.
- Flavio Delbono & Vincenzo Denicolo, 1991. "Incentives to Innovate in a Cournot Oligopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 951-961.
- Hansen, Claus Thustrup, 1999. "Second-best antitrust in general equilibrium: a special case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 193-199, May.
- Littlechild, S C, 1981. "Misleading Calculations of the Social Costs of Monopoly Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 348-363, June.
- David Schwartzman, 1960. "The Burden of Monopoly," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 627-627.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1969. "Economies as an Antitrust Defense: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 954-959, December.
- Hill, Martyn & Waterson, Michael, 1983. "Labor-managed Cournot oligopoly and industry output," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 43-51, March.
- Waterson, Michael, 1982. "The Incentive to Invent When a New Input Is Involved," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(196), pages 435-445, November.
- Worcester, Dean A, Jr, 1975. "On Monopoly Welfare Losses: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 1015-1023, December.
- Cowling, Keith & Mueller, Dennis C, 1978. "The Social Costs of Monopoly Power," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 727-748, December.
- Posner, Richard A, 1975. "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 807-827, August.
- Michael Reksulak & William F. Shughart & Robert D. Tollison, 2008. "Innovation and the opportunity cost of monopoly," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(8), pages 619-627.
- DePrano, Michael E & Nugent, Jeffrey B, 1969. "Economies as an Antitrust Defense: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 947-953, December.
- Bergson, Abram, 1973. "On Monopoly Welfare Losses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(5), pages 853-870, December.
- Carson, Richard, 1975. "On Monopoly Welfare Losses: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 1008-1014, December.
- Geroski, P A, 1990. "Innovation, Technological Opportunity, and Market Structure," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 586-602, July.
- Neary, Hugh M., 1984. ""Labor-managed cournot oligopoly and industry output": A comment," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 322-327, September.
- Neary, Hugh M., 1992. "Some general equilibrium aspects of a labor-managed economy with monopoly elements," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 633-654, December.
More about this item
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nan:wpaper:0609. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Magdalene Lim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dentusg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.