What Determines Welfare Losses From Oligopoly Power In The Food And Tobacco Industries?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bhuyan, Sanjib & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 1998. "What Determines Welfare Losses from Oligopoly Power in the Food and Tobacco Industries?," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 258-265, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Connor, John M & Peterson, Everett B, 1992.
"Market-Structure Determinants of National Brand-Private Label Price Differences of Manufactured Food Products,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 157-171, June.
- Connor, John M. & Peterson, Everett B., 1991. "Market-Structure Determinants Of National Brand-Private Label Price Differences Of Manufactured Food Products," Working Papers 116099, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Estimating the Size Distribution of Firms Using Government Summary Statistics,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 69-80, March.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 1995. "Estimating the size distribution of firms using government summary statistics," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt14b416tk, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Bhuyan, Sanjib & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 1995. "Welfare Losses Under Alternative Oligopoly Regimes: The U.S. Food and Tobacco Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(02), pages 577-587, December.
- Landis Gabel, H., 1983. "The role of buyer power in oligopoly models: An empirical study," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 95-108.
- Sanjib Bhuyan & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 1997. "Oligopoly Power in the Food and Tobacco Industries," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 1035-1043.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1976.
"Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(171), pages 267-274, August.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1974. "Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 044, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Clarke, Roger & Davies, Stephen W, 1982. "Market Structure and Price-Cost Margins," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(195), pages 277-287, August.
- John M Connor & Everett B. Peterson, 1996. "A Comparison of Oligopoly Welfare Loss Estimates for U.S. Food Manufacturing: Reply," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 710-711.
- Bhuyan, Sanjib & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 1995. "Welfare Losses Under Alternative Oligopoly Regimes: The U.S. Food And Tobacco Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1982. "The estimation of the degree of oligopoly power," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 287-299, August.
- Pagoulatos, Emilio & Sorensen, Robert, 1986. "What determines the elasticity of industry demand?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 237-250, September.
- Dickson, V. A. & Yu, Weiqiu, 1989. "Welfare losses in Canadian manufacturing under alternative oligopoly regimes," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 257-267, June.
- Esposito, Louis & Esposito, Frances Ferguson, 1971. "Foreign Competition and Domestic Industry Profitability," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(4), pages 343-353, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jincot:v:17:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10842-017-0245-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morrison Paul, Catherine J., 2000. "Productivity And Efficiency In The U.S. Food System, Or, Might Cost Factors Support Increasing Mergers And Concentration?," Working Papers 11983, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Anthony Rezitis & Maria Kalantzi, 2011. "Investigating Market Structure of the Greek Manufacturing Industry: A Hall-Roeger Approach," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 39(4), pages 383-400, December.
- Sanjib Bhuyan, 2002. "Impact of Vertical Mergers on Industry Profitability: An Empirical Evaluation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(1), pages 61-79, February.
- Rezitis Anthony & Kalantzi Maria, 2012. "Measuring Market Power and Welfare Losses in the Greek Food and Beverages Manufacturing Industry," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-33, April.
- Bhuyan, Sanjib, 2003. "What Determines Vertical Mergers in U.S. Food Manufacturing Industries?," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22146, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:arerjl:31519. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nareaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.