What We Do not Know about the Ownership Structure of the Largest U.S. Companies?
[Чего Мы Не Знаем О Структуре Собственности Крупнейших Компаний Сша?]
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Velina Jordanova, 2013. "Optimization of production capacities of the auxiliary units of construction company," Izvestia Journal of the Union of Scientists - Varna. Economic Sciences Series, Union of Scientists - Varna, Economic Sciences Section, issue 1, pages 114-120, November.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Holderness, Clifford G., 1989. "Private benefits from control of public corporations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 371-395, December.
- Falato, Antonio & Kadyrzhanova, Dalida & Lel, Ugur, 2014. "Distracted directors: Does board busyness hurt shareholder value?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 404-426.
- Anna Bal-Price & Marcel Leist & Stefan Schildknecht & Florianne Tschudi-Monnet & Alicia Paini & Andrea Terron, 2018. "Adverse Outcome Pathway on Inhibition of the mitochondrial complex I of nigro-striatal neurons leading to parkinsonian motor deficits," OECD Series on Adverse Outcome Pathways 7, OECD Publishing.
- Silva, Isabel & Silva, M. Eduarda, 2006. "Asymptotic distribution of the Yule-Walker estimator for INAR(p) processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(15), pages 1655-1663, September.
- Johannes Hörner & L. Rachel Ngai & Claudia Olivetti, 2007.
"Public Enterprises And Labor Market Performance,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(2), pages 363-384, May.
- Horner, Johannes & Ngai, L. Rachel & Olivetti, Claudia, 2004. "Public enterprises and labor market performance," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3529, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Johannes Hörner & L. Rachel Ngai & Claudia Olivetti, 2004. "Public Enterprises and Labor Market Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0610, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Kanno, Masayasu, 2015. "Assessing systemic risk using interbank exposures in the global banking system," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 105-130.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- H. Henry Cao & Tan Wang & Harold H. Zhang, 2005. "Model Uncertainty, Limited Market Participation, and Asset Prices," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1219-1251.
- Wendy Rayack, 2017. "When Hours Decline: Tides of Change in Low-wage Labor Markets," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2017-007, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & McBride, William D., 2000. "Genetically Engineered Crops For Pest Management In U.S. Agriculture," Agricultural Economic Reports 33931, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Jean Tirole, 2006. "The Theory of Corporate Finance," Post-Print hal-00173191, HAL.
- Christian Stummer & Dennis Kundisch & Reinhold Decker, 2018. "Platform Launch Strategies," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 60(2), pages 167-173, April.
- Kirby, Mac & Mainuddin, Mohammed & Gao, Lei & Connor, Jeffery D. & Ahmad, Mobin-ud-Din, 2012. "Integrated, dynamic economic – hydrology model of the Murray-Darling Basin," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Fremantle, Australia 124487, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Barbara Berkel & Axel Börsch‐Supan & Alexander Ludwig & Joachim Winter, 2004.
"Sind die Probleme der Bevölkerungsalterung durch eine höhere Geburtenrate lösbar?,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 5(1), pages 71-90, February.
- Berkel, Barbara & Börsch-Supan, Axel H. & Ludwig, Alexander & Winter, Joachim, 2004. "Sind die Probleme der Bevölkerungsalterung durch eine höhere Geburtenrate lösbar?," Munich Reprints in Economics 20285, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Eileen Crimmins & Mark Hayward & Aaron Hagedorn & Yasuhiko Saito & Nicolas Brouard, 2009. "Change in disability-free life expectancy for Americans 70 years old and older," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(3), pages 627-646, August.
- Leonid V. Azarnert, 2009. "Inter-Ethnic Redistribution and Human Capital Investments," Working Papers 2009-01, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mike Burkart & Denis Gromb & Fausto Panunzi, 1997. "Large Shareholders, Monitoring, and the Value of the Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 693-728.
- Amir Rezaee, 2008. "Le changement des structures de financement en france au XIX siècle," Post-Print halshs-00363849, HAL.
- Clifford G. Holderness, 2009. "The Myth of Diffuse Ownership in the United States," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(4), pages 1377-1408, April.
- Irina Ivashkovskaya & Anastasia Stepanova, 2011. "Does strategic corporate performance depend on corporate financial architecture? Empirical study of European, Russian and other emerging market’s firms," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 15(4), pages 603-616, November.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda, 1985. "Managerial ownership of voting rights : A study of public corporations with dual classes of common stock," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 33-69, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Urzúa Infante, F., 2014. "Essays on ownership and control," Other publications TiSEM f17a9a42-f7a7-4ffa-a95d-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Christian Weiss & Stefan Hilger, 2012. "Ownership concentration beyond good and evil: is there an effect on corporate performance?," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(4), pages 727-752, November.
- Qi Zeng & Hae Won (Henny) Jung, 2014. "Optimal Contract, Ownership Structure and Asset Pricing," 2014 Meeting Papers 911, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Konijn, Sander J.J. & Kräussl, Roman & Lucas, Andre, 2011.
"Blockholder dispersion and firm value,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1330-1339.
- Sander J.J. Konijn & Roman Kraeussl & Andre Lucas, 2009. "Blockholder Dispersion and Firm Value," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-113/2, Tinbergen Institute, revised 03 Jan 2011.
- Konijn, Sander J. J. & Kräussl, Roman & Lucas, André, 2010. "Blockholder dispersion and firm value," CFS Working Paper Series 2010/05, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Stepanov, Sergey & Suvorov, Anton, 2017. "Agency problem and ownership structure: Outside blockholder as a signal," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 87-107.
- Dherment-Ferere, Isabelle & Köke, Jens & Renneboog, Luc, 2001. "Corporate monitoring by blockholders in Europe: empirical evidence of managerial disciplining in Belgium, France, Germany, and the UK," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-24, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- de La Bruslerie, Hubert, 2016.
"Does debt curb controlling shareholders' private benefits? Modelling in a contingent claim framework,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 263-282.
- Hubert de la Bruslerie, 2016. "Does debt curb controlling shareholder's private benfits? Modelling in a contingent claim framework," Post-Print hal-01945646, HAL.
- Gur Aminadav & Elias Papaioannou, 2020. "Corporate Control around the World," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 75(3), pages 1191-1246, June.
- Howell, Jason W., 2017. "The survival of the U.S. dual class share structure," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 440-450.
- Trojanowski, Grzegorz, 2008. "Equity block transfers in transition economies: Evidence from Poland," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 217-238, September.
- Breugem, Matthijs & Corvino, Raffaele, 2021. "Dynamic ownership and private benefits," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
- Taylan Mavruk & Conny Overland & Stefan Sjögren, 2020. "Keeping it real or keeping it simple? Ownership concentration measures compared," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 26(4), pages 958-1005, September.
- Nguyen, Pascal & Rahman, Nahid & Zhao, Ruoyun, 2013. "Ownership structure and divestiture decisions: Evidence from Australian firms," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 170-181.
- Jean-Jacques Hamon, 2001. "La répartition des droits de vote, leur exercice et l’efficacité économique," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 63(3), pages 175-209.
- Tribo Gine, José Antonio & Gutiérrez Calderón, María Isabel, 2004. "Private benefits extraction in closely-held corporations: the case for multiple large shareholders," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb044315, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Wolfgang Drobetz & Pascal Pensa & Markus M. Schmid, 2007.
"Estimating the Cost of Executive Stock Options: evidence from Switzerland,"
Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 798-815, September.
- Drobetz, Wolfgang & Pensa, Pascal & Schmid, Markus M., 2007. "Estimating the Cost of Executive Stock Options: Evidence from Switzerland," Working papers 2007/17, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Mike Burkart & Fausto Panunzi & Andrei Shleifer, 2003.
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(5), pages 2167-2201, October.
- Mike Burkart & Fausto Panunzi & Andrei Shleifer, 2002. "Family Firms," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1944, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Fausto Panunzi & Mike Burkart, 2002. "Family Firms," FMG Discussion Papers dp406, Financial Markets Group.
- Mike Burkart & Fausto Panunzi & Andrei Shleifer, 2002. "Family Firms," NBER Working Papers 8776, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Panunzi, Fausto & Burkart, Mike, 2002. "Family firms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24926, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Burkart, Mike & Panunzi, Fausto & Shleifer, Andrei, 2003. "Family firms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 69549, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Burkart, Mike & Panunzi, Fausto & Shleifer, Andrei, 2002. "Family Firms," CEPR Discussion Papers 3234, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Becker, Bo & Cronqvist, Henrik & Fahlenbrach, RÃ¼diger, 2011.
"Estimating the Effects of Large Shareholders Using a Geographic Instrument,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 907-942, August.
- Becker, Bo & Cronqvist, Henrik & Fahlenbrach, Rudiger, 2008. "Estimating the Effects of Large Shareholders Using a Geographic Instrument," Working Paper Series 2008-9, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Bo Becker & Henrik Cronqvist & Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2011. "Estimating the Effects of Large Shareholders Using a Geographic Instrument," NBER Working Papers 17393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bo Becker & Henrik Cronqvist & Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2009. "Estimating the Effects of Large Shareholders Using a Geographic Instrument," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-028, Harvard Business School, revised Feb 2010.
- Becker, Bo & Cronqvist, Henrik & Fahlenbrach, Rüdiger, 2008. "Estimating the Effects of Large Shareholders Using a Geographic Instrument," SIFR Research Report Series 64, Institute for Financial Research.
- Weiß, Christian, 2010. "The Ownership Concentration of Firms: Three Essays on the Determinants and Effects," EconStor Theses, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, number 30247.
- Anastasia N. Stepanova & Olga O. Kopyrina, 2019. "The Influence Of Ownership Structure And Board Independence On The Cost Of Debt In Bric Countries," HSE Working papers WP BRP 74/FE/2019, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsownership structure; capital structure; risk level; the Board of Directors; ownership concentration;
All these keywords.
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rnp:ecopol:ep1662. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aneeeru.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: RANEPA maintainer (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aneeeru.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.